The "XO"-Method......... - page 102

european:
If anybody have MTF_RSI.mq4 indicator, could you please direct me to it or attach it to a private mail. euro

here you go... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

just download the set_01 file

KptMisiu

LSMA in color_separate

Hi Tredd, or Big Jim,

I liked the look of the LSMA indicator you showed Tredd. I downloaded it but it just looks like a moving average in a separate window. How did you get it display as 3 lines?

thanks

Big Joe, not big jim

Put the minimum @ 0

Put the maximum @ 3

Magic, it diplays as a line

Thanks Big Joe

Sorry about that and thanks. Another question if you dont mind. Do the three lines represent different timeframes? I got one line and I have had a fiddle with it trying to get more but no luck yet!

cheers

waltini:
Sorry about that and thanks. Another question if you dont mind. Do the three lines represent different timeframes? I got one line and I have had a fiddle with it trying to get more but no luck yet! cheers

Change the timeframe on the line and then also change the maximum to a higher number and it will display as a seperate line

Non-entry and correct entry this morning..........

Just to show you how the RSI assists one in getting in at the correct time.

The first Aqua-coloured vertical lines are NO_TRADES due to the RSI. The first White broken vertical-line, was the correct entry according to the XO_method.

Had you obeyed the exit-rule, you would not have needed a re-entry on the last white-broken vertical line either.

Hope this helps to explain the nuances with this method.

Best wishes.

Files:
tsd_forum.gif  28 kb

cci settings

Hi Valeo,

Thanks for your high level of integrity in developing this great system. I have a query regarding the cci settings, I think 50 and 13 is better than 39, or at the very least 34 is better than 39, what do you think?

regards,

Trader

traderandreas:
Hi Valeo,

Thanks for your high level of integrity in developing this great system. I have a query regarding the cci settings, I think 50 and 13 is better than 39, or at the very least 34 is better than 39, what do you think?

regards,

Trader

Thank you for your kind words, my friend. Much appreciate that.

No, the 34 is NOT better than the 39 and yes the 55 (NB) is better, but then for me, I want to see the "mood" of the Trending CCI - the 55 is better than the 50 (believe me), but I cannot see the ZLRs that easily on the 55. The 39 works for me, but feel free to experiment if you must. It took me many hours and many months to finally arrive at these settings.

Good trading.

Need some help

I had a real nice trade as seen on the chart today on the retrace of the RSI at 14:05 at 1.9631 and closed it at 14:56 for a 10 pip profit. I didn't notice it at the time, but the news came out at 15:00 and would have stopped me out.

I then re-sold at 15:32 at 1.9616, and it was a good entry and I could have made some profit. I was still holding it and took a small loss at 16:30 when the signals changed. Is there something that I missed that would have told me to get out before this? Should I have exited on the 15:35 bar for a profit?

I think I've got pretty good entries, but I'm still not quite sure on the exits yet, as the price was way below the 25ema the whole trade, and I'm not sure how you would exit when the price closes above/below the 25. If you have a buy below the 25 and you can exit at the 25 then that is no problem, but what happens when the price is below the 25 and you have a sell entry, where do you exit? Any constructive critism would be very welcome.

Thanks

Tim

Files:
gbpusd1_1.gif  40 kb

tredd:
I had a real nice trade as seen on the chart today on the retrace of the RSI at 14:05 at 1.9631 and closed it at 14:56 for a 10 pip profit. I didn't notice it at the time, but the news came out at 15:00 and would have stopped me out.

I then re-sold at 15:32 at 1.9616, and it was a good entry and I could have made some profit. I was still holding it and took a small loss at 16:30 when the signals changed. Is there something that I missed that would have told me to get out before this? Should I have exited on the 15:35 bar for a profit?

I think I've got pretty good entries, but I'm still not quite sure on the exits yet, as the price was way below the 25ema the whole trade, and I'm not sure how you would exit when the price closes above/below the 25. If you have a buy below the 25 and you can exit at the 25 then that is no problem, but what happens when the price is below the 25 and you have a sell entry, where do you exit? Any constructive critism would be very welcome.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim, firstly could you please work out what the EST times were that you are referring to as I have difficulty reproducing your trades.

Secondly, you are not using my suggested set-up so I can see immediately where you went wrong. (Where are the Pivots?)

I attach my chart for you for the time that it seems you have taken the trades and here follow my comments:

1. 1st Solid vertical line:......the price just broke the 100-EMA so therefore time to take note! RSI is very Low bu still acceptable and the Stochastic is correct - that is if you had it!! Problem for me was that the price was too close to the 300_EMA.

2. 2nd Vertical line (Broken) was a better entry then the first one, but this time the Sto was suspect and still too close to 300_EMA hence my decision to stay out of the trade.

3. 15h30 is the 3rd Line. NOTE the Sto started climbing LONG!! and so did the CCI.

4. 16h25 entry after RSI and CCI came back from overheating, but the XO was not in place. Stay out if you are inexperienced, but that is where I traded.

25-EMA EXIT:

If you are going to trade for 10 pips at a time, then it follows that the 25-EMA is not your exit strategy, but had you taken this morning's trade, the 25_EMA was THE correct exit strategy.

Having said that, I suggest you use the 13-EMA rather as it will give you better pips.

To everyone who has a problem with the EXITs:........look at your complete chart and look at things such as RSI and CCI-overheating; but also look at Pivots and the MurreyMath lines where trades will bounce / stop before they take off again.

It is futile to just use the 25_ema as an EXIT when you want to trade for 10 pips. You have to adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps and if there are further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes.

Files:
Reason: