The "XO"-Method......... - page 55

4 Tf Xo

Hello, i d been reading this thread and looking at charts real time and i find my 4TFXO repaints the past everytime i change timeframes (say 5-15 min and back to 5). I m attaching a screenshoot so you can see it.

Is this only my problem or does the indicator work like that, i m asking because found some trades that were not good and when switched to higher TF the signal was gone.

Thank you for your assistance.

Files:

Pip Trip:
Here's a shot of a nice usd/chf trade after waiting it out: (sorry, I'm live again so there isn't an account picture since I don't trade professionally with an MT4 broker)

Well done, my friend. "Waiting it out" is the answer!!

Best wishes.

guibermc:
Hello, i d been reading this thread and looking at charts real time and i find my 4TFXO repaints the past everytime i change timeframes (say 5-15 min and back to 5). I m attaching a screenshoot so you can see it.

Is this only my problem or does the indicator work like that, i m asking because found some trades that were not good and when switched to higher TF the signal was gone.

Thank you for your assistance.

Firstly I suggest you read the entire Thread again, not to be funny, just because it has been very well explained in there.

Secondly, yes it does repaint, but we trade in the "NOW", so it does not matter.

Finally, I suggest you open timeframes for each and every timeframe you want and don't switch between TFs.

Best wishes.

Exits

I've been exiting when one of the 4 xo's is changing color, and a LSMA is also changing, but I'm a little unsure exactly when to exit as they change in realtime. Should I be waiting until the close of a candle, or just take it in realtime when it happens? Sometimes it will change back after I've closed and continue in the right direction. Is there something else to use a confirmation of a proper exit in realtime?

The one thing that I've been using that seems to work fairly well is that the Herc Oscillator seems to fall below 75 or above 25 when the trade is ending. It is also helping me on entries, and I've only been taking entries when it is very close or above 75 and vise versa for 25.

Thanks

Need help on inserting XO Method into my charts

I'm newbie to forex and Meta4, hope you guys can guide me inserting XO method into my charts.

I have downloaded these files from ValeoFX posting, and placed the files inside Meta4's experts/indicators folder.

1. #MTF Forex freedom Bar v2_60m_Hercs.mq4

2. ASCTrend_Sound[1][1].mq4.mq4

3. ASCTrend1sig_noSound.mq4

4. DoubleCCI_Woodies.mq4

5. LSMA+in+Color.mq4

6. Murrey_Math_Line_X_eng.mq4

7. RD-PivotLines 01.mq4

8. XO.mq4

9. XO_ALERT_cci_cross.mq4

10. ZZ MTF XO A.mq4

11. ZZ 4 TF XO.mq4

a. How many charts should I open?

b. How do I insert mq4 into my charts?

c. Which one of the mq4 should I insert first?

It would great if somebody can explain the procedure to newbies like me. Having read the posting in this forum, I found that some posting are intermediate to advance level.

Hello mens,

I posted here :https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174768

A thread where i describe my problem.

You guys don't have the same problem ?

If not please tell me what to do ??

Thanks

mrforex:
I'm newbie to forex and Meta4, hope you guys can guide me inserting XO method into my charts.

I have downloaded these files from ValeoFX posting, and placed the files inside Meta4's experts/indicators folder.

1. #MTF Forex freedom Bar v2_60m_Hercs.mq4

2. ASCTrend_Sound[1][1].mq4.mq4

3. ASCTrend1sig_noSound.mq4

4. DoubleCCI_Woodies.mq4

5. LSMA+in+Color.mq4

6. Murrey_Math_Line_X_eng.mq4

7. RD-PivotLines 01.mq4

8. XO.mq4

9. XO_ALERT_cci_cross.mq4

10. ZZ MTF XO A.mq4

11. ZZ 4 TF XO.mq4

a. How many charts should I open?

b. How do I insert mq4 into my charts?

c. Which one of the mq4 should I insert first?

It would great if somebody can explain the procedure to newbies like me. Having read the posting in this forum, I found that some posting are intermediate to advance level.

Contact me via MSN, my handle was sent to your P/M early this AM. Best is around 12h00 noon est.

tredd:
I've been exiting when one of the 4 xo's is changing color, and a LSMA is also changing, but I'm a little unsure exactly when to exit as they change in realtime. Should I be waiting until the close of a candle, or just take it in realtime when it happens? Sometimes it will change back after I've closed and continue in the right direction. Is there something else to use a confirmation of a proper exit in realtime?

The one thing that I've been using that seems to work fairly well is that the Herc Oscillator seems to fall below 75 or above 25 when the trade is ending. It is also helping me on entries, and I've only been taking entries when it is very close or above 75 and vise versa for 25.

Thanks

Check your P/M please.

ValeoFX

I have noticed today on the EURUSD on 4HR XO indicator, the following:

current bar was fluctuating between red/green color

the prior bar was red

Now, the current bar became green since 4HR candle completed, but prior bar became green. The problem is that I was not jumping between screens.

et_phonehome_2:
ValeoFX

I have noticed today on the EURUSD on 4HR XO indicator, the following:

current bar was fluctuating between red/green color

the prior bar was red

Now, the current bar became green since 4HR candle completed, but prior bar became green. The problem is that I was not jumping between screens.

I guess the 4HR TF is just too high for it as we are only trading from the 5M and 15M charts. It is to be expected that the 4HR will jump up and down in a market that fluctuates as this one this morning. I purely look at the 4HR XO after the candle has closed that is all I am interested in. The 4HR needs to have the CCI-14/6 for better decision making imho.

Best wishes.

Reason: