The "XO"-Method......... - page 24

downunderdave40:
Hi Valeo,

What is the "RR"?

Dave

Hi Dave, how about Rolls Royce?

Best wishes, always.

xo method

Stay away from trades when the CCI 14 is above 250 or below -250.

Hi HoggZilla

What CCi 34,14 0r 14.6?

Many thanks for this method

XO Method

Hi,

Just to clarify a few things, we use cci, the new XO5 and do we execute off the 5 minute charts.

thanks

xo

Just to clarify a few things, we use cci, the new XO5 and do we execute off the 5 minute charts.

Hi Traderandreas

What parameters of cci u are using?

Thanks

yass:
Hi Traderandreas

What parameters of cci u are using?

Thanks

CCI 14 is what I understand

traderandreas:
Hi,

thanks

Yes, we execute from the 5m chart.

Also, I use the 34/14 CCI (where the 14 is my Turbo) on my 5m chart and 14/6 on every other one longer.

XO Method

Hi Yass,

The cci is the one I downloaded from the beginning of the thread, so I am using those settings.

Hello, this system is really great i follow all the signal, and ended up with lots of pips. But i realise that at first, the four XO indicate goes short, but after few new bar (usually 1), the past bar will change color?

kurt_issac:
Hello, this system is really great i follow all the signal, and ended up with lots of pips. But i realise that at first, the four XO indicate goes short, but after few new bar (usually 1), the past bar will change color?

Please read the explanation for that earlier in this Thread. It does not mean to say that what we see in front of us is incorrect, in fact just the opposite. Also, the basic reason why we cannot back-test the method. Best wishes for continued success.

kurt_issac:

I was at first frustrated when I first was refreshing the screen while using these indicators. But after trading them while leaving the screen intact, I started noticing the power and beauty they have to offer.

Here's the brief again from Keris who started the whole "Multi timeframe Indicator craze":

"I'll try to clarify how the MTF indicators work. When I first put them together, I knew that they "repainted" themselves, but not in the way you may be thinking.

The MTF indicators show the longer timeframe in increments of the shorter timeframe. So, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. Example: MTF 30 on a M5 chart. At :05, :10, :15, :20, and :25, you see exactly what has been happening on the M30 bar. At the close of :30 the MTF bar will look just like the bar on the M30 timeframe. The next MTF bar (:35) starts the progression of the next M30 bar.

So, as I said, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. When you remove and reattach an MTF indicator, all the data telling it about the progession is gone, so all it can do is look at the OHLC of the M30 bar. Thus, it appears as though the indicator "repainted" itself, when it's really just showing you what the closing values are on the longer timeframe bar. It's the same data you got on the :30 MTF bar.

The main idea behind them is that they let you see what is happening right now on different timeframes, without the need for multiple charts. Kinda like the Forex Freeway indicator.

I know that all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple. Just hard to explain. Let me know if you have any questions."

Keris

Reason: