The "XO"-Method......... - page 9

Dan S:
There were some beautiful signals in early asian session today. Short cable made me +38 and long u/j +6 (following the exit rules this trade would give more than +50, but I took the +6 since I was scared to be in another chop )

Hi Dan,

Great stuff.

I guess this means that the best signals are to be on market opens, Asian, Euro and NY as well as maybe news announcement time.

I still will look for something in the CCI perhaps to confirm 'chop' time.

Has anyone tried out the Step Choppy bars v1.1 to maybe help? I don;t like to complicate a nice system with too many indicators but it might be a reference...just a thought. I will put them on and see if they help in times of chop.( I notice that they do a sort of correction up to 3 bars back so maybe not good to use as a lead indicator)

Cheers

Ant

USDCHF 15 min Demo trade

Hi

I took a demo trade Long from 2253

The CCI has already reached 250 and I am +20.

I will stay in this trade a bit longer as it is demo but I think in a live trade I would be happy with 20 pips. I will wait for XO to give a red on the 5 min and then exit.

Cheers

Ant

UPDATE re the above trade

I got out at 2280 10.3 bar (I had 2 red bars ) +27

Files:
usdchf.gif  12 kb

I dont know guys. Its getting frustrating.

I see alot of whipsaws. Sure there are great signals.

But there is alot of whipsaw too.

Just look at cable 5 min and 15 min.

You get chopped a bloody nose. Same on usd/jpy.

And there is volatility.

USDJPY Demo Trade

I had a long signal here at 111.42

Trade UPDATE out at 111.29 -13

Files:
usdjpy_3.gif  14 kb

I will switch to 15 min now also.

And took the short u/j signal.

EDIT:

The u/j trade I think I screwed up.

No asctrend signal and cci is still positive.

Dan S:
I will switch to 15 min now also.

And took the short u/j signal.

EDIT:

The u/j trade I think I screwed up.

No asctrend signal and cci is still positive.

u/j still looking ok

Yes, we got asctrend now and cci dips a little below 0.

But the trade was premature.

Dan S:
I dont know guys. Its getting frustrating.

I see alot of whipsaws. Sure there are great signals.

But there is alot of whipsaw too.

Just look at cable 5 min and 15 min.

You get chopped a bloody nose. Same on usd/jpy.

And there is volatility.

Dan, I was also frustrated this morning!I have added the Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_ex_02_with filters onto a second 5m chart last week already and it helped a lot. Still not perfect as you can see from this morning's GBP/USD trade. However, it kept me out of most of the trouble. On top of that I open a 1-m chart with the "XO-method" (I post it here as well for everyone's perusal and comments), which helped me stay out during the choppy times.

Let us add and subtract to what we have until we are in agreement that it is good enough for anyone to trade and be successful.

The announcement was a bit of a deterent, but look what happenend if it is in the right direction and if you obey the "XO-method" on the 5-m chart.

Please guys (and dolls ) be honest and let us work this out together.

Wishing you all LONG pockets and SHORT arms.

Ant:
Hi

I took a demo trade Long from 2253

The CCI has already reached 250 and I am +20.

I will stay in this trade a bit longer as it is demo but I think in a live trade I would be happy with 20 pips. I will wait for XO to give a red on the 5 min and then exit.

Cheers

Ant

UPDATE re the above trade

I got out at 2280 10.3 bar (I had 2 red bars ) +27

Ant, please read my latest post and get back to me, if you will! Thank you for your diligence. Much appreciated.

Wow Valeo!

New Years fireworks is nothing compared to your charts, hehe.

Yes, the stepmastoch could be another filter.

I made back a nice chunk (+52) on a long cable and the u/j is starting to look good too. I will trade both from 15 min for now.

Reason: