HedgeHog System & EA - page 11

FloFri:
Regarding the above, wouldn't it be interesting then to test the results with a doubling of the lots after each loss (on 1 side)? Did you do that already?

Yeah, and you can do it a few ways. One would be either doinging a 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 style lot scaling, where when you lose, you increase by a set number to a max. Another way is to do the martingale style lot scaling that we have previously mentioned. For the main pairs that would be 1 lot, 7, lots, 43 lots, etc... however this way does get out of hand quick.

Hope this helps,

Graham

Do any of the EA's follow what you guys are manually doing? The backtest on the lates one does not look good, but I don't think it is trading like you guys. At least I notice that the lot size does not change.

davidwillis:
Do any of the EA's follow what you guys are manually doing? The backtest on the lates one does not look good, but I don't think it is trading like you guys. At least I notice that the lot size does not change.

In my experience i have found that the EAs here don't precisely execute trades. They are a good start, but personally i wouldn't trade with live money with them. I ahve traded this manually now for 5 weeks and still consistantly get good results. I am looking into getting an EA built, but it probably won't be a public offering due to poor support/interest in before-mentioned threads. No open source programmer has stepped up to fine-tune the offerings, so i have gone with other means. I would gladly contribute input and ideas where i can to someone that does however step up to create a stable, accurate EA and publically releases it.

The main reason the existing EAs don't work in backtesting is 2 fold. One, i find backtesting to be somewhat unreliable and inconsistant, and 2, the EAs don't have lot scaling to recoup losses when losses occur. Hedgehog, though in forward testing doesn't really need Martingale style lot scaling, it sure helps to have a modest lot sizer to recoup and expand earnings.

Hope this helps,

Graham

I think I am going to demo this for a while until I understand how it works better. I am not good at programming metatrader, but I do know how to program in c++, so maybe I can learn.

Give this one a try, and see how it does. I did not know what verson to put on it. But I added a variable so you can controle how much it multiplies the next order on a loosing trade, and it seems to work.

I am no expert with metatrader(it took me about 3 hours just to figure out enough to do this), and I haven't had time to test much. So I don't know how well it will work. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

Also, what time do we use to start when using interbankfx?

David

Files:

davidwillis:
Give this one a try, and see how it does. I did not know what verson to put on it. But I added a variable so you can controle how much it multiplies the next order on a loosing trade, and it seems to work.

I am no expert with metatrader(it took me about 3 hours just to figure out enough to do this), and I haven't had time to test much. So I don't know how well it will work. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

David

Cool, thanx for your work and help..Hopefully i can get to it this week to test it out. I am still doing manual trading, but my time to test other systems has been limited the last few weeks. Thanx for your efforts though Hopefully it works or is a good start.

Graham

lamode:
0:00 according to the original idea, but i find 22:00 offer a better outcome.

I would have to agree, the 22:00 does better it seems, though the times do seem to be cyclical, where one will be better for awhile, then the other will be.

I run demos on both...once i get enough data i will start running live more consistantly.

Graham

davidwillis:

David

0:00 according to the original idea, but i find 22:00 offer a better outcome.

can you make the EA to trade 1 fixed lot instead of 1 and 2?

lamode:
0:00 according to the original idea, but i find 22:00 offer a better outcome. can you make the EA to trade 1 fixed lot instead of 1 and 2?

Yes, just change the multiplier to 1 and it will stay the same. You can change it to anything you want, like 1.5, 2, 3, or even .5 which would decrease the lots. I have not had time to play with it to see if it all works right. Let me know if you notice any problems.

davidwillis:
Yes, just change the multiplier to 1 and it will stay the same. You can change it to anything you want, like 1.5, 2, 3, or even .5 which would decrease the lots. I have not had time to play with it to see if it all works right. Let me know if you notice any problems.

thank david. i should come back with results on EURUSD and USDJPY with in a week.

Reason: