Decision-making error - page 2

Vitaly Muzichenko:
This is not about the TS, this is! asking why there is fear of opening a trade in your TS, and this is a psychological issue.

How can there be fear of adding two plus two or subtracting five from ten?

That's the reason for fear: people do not follow any rules, trading "as the left heel wants". If any (I emphasize - ANY) trading action were performed in accordance with a formalized TS - no "fear" and no "psychology" would be out of the question!

Fear is usually a reaction to the unknown. And when everything is known, when you know that some actions can potentially give such a profit, or potentially give such a drawdown and such a series of losses - the fear disappears. You just follow the rules of TS, and then you realize that you should entrust the matter to an expert, and not deal withmanual trading, but develop these rules.

I have been working in the trading room for a long time, but I lost my account, then the second one, and then the fear came. The fear of error, even though the account has already been demoed, and the TS seems to be working, but I do not have enough strength to comply with it.

Yuriy Khrustalov:

If I have a stop loss I am in the black and if I don't, I am even more in the red, and then according to the chart (prognosis) if I am in the black I close without loss, if I don't, I am in the red.

I cannot decide what to do.

I have solved this problem with SL = TP, I either take or do not take. If TS is profitable, it will give results, if not - down the drain.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
I solved this problem by SL = TP, either take or - do not take. If the TS is profitable, it will give results, if not - scrap it.

Yusuf, if the TS gives a 50/50 result, with a stop_profit of 1/1 it's a loss as we don't get the spread back. If the TS gives 30/70 result, it is a very good result, but not everyone is able to achieve it.

But if TS gives 50/50 result with stop_profit 1/2, then the profit will be much more tangible in comparison with the second. Also, with larger profit the risk of trade is reduced, and therefore you need to make fewer trades. To be honest, I've never heard a trader in the market for a long time lived with TS"SL = TP" in the short term, but in the long term I've never heard. Maybe I'm just not well informed.

There was a topic here once: one of the forum members gathered a group of traders who were consistently losing money, collected signals from their accounts, compiled them into one account with inversion. I don't know how it turned out. If 95% of beginners are losing, it is inevitable, and they are losing not because of the spread but due to the market, they are losing good elbows, with averaging, with waiting times of 200-300 points (the old ones). What do you think?

Igor Kuzminets:

There was a topic here once: one of the forum members gathered a group of traders who were consistently losing money, collected signals from their accounts, compiled them into one account with inversion. I don't know how it turned out. I`m not sure how it ended, I can`t find the subject, maybe somebody has bookmarks in Favorites. 95% of beginners are losing, it begs the conclusion, and they are losing not because of the spread, but due to the market, with good craps, averaging, with waiting times of 200-300 points (the old ones). What do you think?

I think that 95% of "newbies" are losing.

They're already losing... too literate... :-)

And that topic you're looking for is IMHO bullshit. I remember reading it...

Yuriy Khrustalov:
They say the same thing when I got to their courses, but my account is flooded, then the second one, then the fear comes. I got the fear of errors when I got demo plan and TS seems to be working, but I don't have enough effort to follow it.

Don't trade at all.

Fear can only be conquered by an ironclad TS. For which you know how many SLs in a row and what the maximum drawdown it allows. Put it in trade (it does not matter, hand or expert - the main thing - the strict observance of the rules), and wait for the moment when there is a maximum drawdown or the maximum number of SL.

ALL. There is no fear - you know exactly that you will lose a certain percentage. You hope it will be a percentage of a large profit, and not of the invested funds.

I started to get rid of it, I started to make some error.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Yusuf, if the TS gives a 50/50 result, with a stop_profit of 1/1 it's a loss as we don't get the spread back. If the TS gives a result of 30/70, it is a very good result, but not everyone can achieve that.

You are wrong. I've seen a TS work that has a TP/SL ratio = 1/10 and it's been running for almost a year.

I've also seen a TS with a 5/1 ratio that also works.

The important thing here is to compare this ratio with the percentage of winning trades. But in general, all other things being equal, those TSs are considered more reliable when the ratio is more than three.

Yuriy Khrustalov:
I have never tried it before and I don't know how to use it, I started to make lots of errors and then I got scared. I got fear of making a mistake when I got demo version and TS seems to be working, but I don't have enough effort to follow it.

This fear is most likely irrational. It will be difficult and time-consuming to overcome with simple logical constructs.

Try taking a sedative before you start work. For example, Novopassit, a herbal remedy. Checked it myself at one time).

If TC really works and formalized, then everything will come back to normal fairly quickly - you will get positive statistics for a month and feel confident.

All IMHO, of course.

Dmitriy Skub:

This fear is most likely irrational. It will be difficult and time-consuming to overcome with simple logical constructs.

Try taking a sedative before you start work. For example, Novopassit, a herbal remedy. Checked it myself at one time).

If TC really works and formalized, then everything will come back to normal rather quickly - you will get positive statistics for a month and feel confident.

All of course, everything is IMHO.

The thing is that everything is right, and I understand that fear is irrational, but perhaps forex is only for the wealthy?

After all, to check yourself in the real world without correcting the current financial situation can lead to a heart attack, and I think Novopasit will not help.

Reason: