Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 42

Puzzled

Just to prove the deposit size question. I just opened another demo account with similar deposit size and the EA fired off two trades almost instantly. But the live account is still dead!!!!

Realbabyfx1:
Hi Newdigital, Thanks for responding. the deposit size is $3200 on the live mini account, and $13,000 on the mini demo acount. could that be the difference even though the recommended minimum is $1000 for an IBFX mini?

It is not different for this EA which account to trade: live or demo. May be it is something with autotrading (did you check 2 places for autotrading?), ro something with lot size (live account should have 0.01 lot size possibility), or you should download the data as I described above.

Or different may be deposit size because if lot size is calculating automatically (by settings in the EA) so live deposit size may be important in this case.

Hi Newdigital,

I'm only using 10 pairs so I think the drawdown will be much less.

newdigital:
I do not know ...

19 pairs is not a joke ... it is something related to drawdown (DD).

You can see so called 'visual statements' (images which i am posting regularly). It is Account Equity Analyzer indicator from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173442/page2 and you can see DD:

Max Floating DD is -1853 dollars (for all 19 pirs all together) for PercentEquityTrailing = 2 settings (for 10,000 deposit trading 0.01 or 0.02 lot size mainly):

It is for Alpha with PercentEquityTrailing = 2 forward testing since December 2007 (about 5 months).

If DD is more than 1,500 for 19 pairs so deposit should be more than 2,000 or 3,000 exactly. I am not sure about 5,000 but I think it is better to use 10,000.

I am not sure exactly but automatic lot size calculation is more related to this settings:

MMType =1; // Type of MM | 0=No MM | 1=Universal MM

lot = 0.2; // Lot Size if MM is not Used.

risk = 0.2; // Risk used on the MM

SRSI_Risk = 0.2; // Risk used on the SRSI trader.

Try to backtest with MMType =0 and fixed lot size (0.01 for example).

But i am not recommending you to use this EA with small deposit size anyway.

Because for $13,000 demo you will have more trades than for $3200 live only because automatic lot size calculation.

May be i am wrong so sorry.

I just saw this post. Yes the live account does have 0.01 lot size capability, that is how I was trading it before. Something just doesn't add up especially since the EA is trading on the demo with the same deposit size?

I also have "allow live trading" on the platform and on the EA itself. Keep in mind that I was using another E.A before i switched to Alpha9, so the settings havent been changed.

newdigital:
It is not different for this EA which account to trade: live or demo. May be it is something with autotrading (did you check 2 places for autotrading?), ro something with lot size (live account should have 0.01 lot size possibility), or you should download the data as I described above. Or different may be deposit size because if lot size is calculating automatically (by settings in the EA) so live deposit size may be important in this case.

It is something with MM settings of Alpha for live account. Because your live account is smaller than demo one and if you are using this settings:

MMType =1; // Type of MM | 0=No MM | 1=Universal MM

lot = 0.2; // Lot Size if MM is not Used.

risk = 0.2; // Risk used on the MM

SRSI_Risk = 0.2; // Risk used on the SRSI trader

so lot size is calculating automatically for all the pairs and you will have 10 trades on demo for example and 1 for live.

Try to switch MMType to 0 and use lot = 0.01.

May be i am wrong sorry as I am not a coder.

But I do not see any different or coding for this EA to trade on demo and live. It should be the same if deposit sizes are the same for both.

When I want to select MM or lot size so i am backtesting with my deposit size. Backtesting is nothing: you can not lose anything. But you will see the initial lot size an can change MM according to your real live deposit size. Just backtest on your live account using any pair and H1 timeframe and change MM, lot size and so on.

It is ony way to know: will it work with your deposit size or not.

Because if it is backtested so it should trade.

Still can't get E.A to work

I couldn't get the back test to work either. And I just got these errors (Testgenerator:unmatched data error (volume limit 2091 at 2008.05.21 18:00 exceeded) see attachment

anyone have any thoughts? Meanwhile the demo with the same account $3200 size is still firing away trades but the live account is still dead.

Files:
errors.jpg  225 kb

Answers form Metaquotes:

It means for example M1 data and other (for example H1) data mismatched. At 19:00 1minute bar shows high 224.55 but appropriate 1hour bar has high 224.50. Mismatching.

Ask your broker for correct data.

Don't worry about mismatched charts errors. Mismatched chart error means mismatch between M1 and tested timeframe data

Data of least timeframe don't correspond with data of tested timeframe

Just mismatch between your M1 data and tested timeframe. For example. M5 volume - 15. M1 volumes - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5; volume limit 15 is exceeded on the 4-th M1 bar

In your case the volumes does not match, answer 4.

Hi Linuxser,

Is there a way to fix these errors? Is this something Metaquotes can fix?

I'm a little lost right now on what to do. I removed the EA from the charts

and reloaded it but its still not trading.

Thanks.

Linuxser:
Answers form Metaquotes: In your case the volumes does not match, answer 4.
Reason: