HedgeHog System & EA - page 8

RobertVo:
I ran my Xbot optimizer for TP 5 to 15 and SL from 40 to 80.

Funny thing is that when 1 lot traded (no martingale) the system looses most of the time. However when martingale is applied the system is winning.

Anyway 5 pips TP and SL 80 pips gives me 94% winners.

As it is I think the system will ultimately fail because streak of losses, hopefully we can make lots of $$$$ before that happens.

Very interesting. So the numbers there show win/loss estimates based on the TP and SL amounts, right? So what would be a practical way to interpret it? Purely for accuracy amounts and estimated chance of loss, or something else?

According to your spreadsheet, the 8TP, 80 SL has the best pip count out of all of them, and a 91% accuracy. Our 10/50 is only 84% and marginally profitable.

8/70, 9/80, 10/80 and 10/70 also had good results as well.

So i am imagining if the stop is larger than 50, then some trades will run multi-day, which i am also assuming this takes into account that all trades either TP or SL.

Graham

Hi Graham,

Questions for this system:

1)If a trade is not close for 2 or 3 days. Do we open a new trade during the period (with the same currency pair)?

2) What is the Maximum days we let a "not closing trade" run,before we manually close the trade?

3) Do we manually close the trade that is it not close on end of Friday? (do we run an open trade over the weekend?)

Hope You will answer the Question. Thank.

I ran my Forex Trading Robot optimizer for TP 5 to 15 and SL from 40 to 80.

Funny thing is that when 1 lot traded (no martingale) the system looses most of the time. However when martingale is applied the system is winning.

Anyway 5 pips TP and SL 80 pips gives me 94% winners.

As it is I think the system will ultimately fail because streak of losses, hopefully we can make lots of $$$$ before that happens.

Files:

Graham,

I was acctually closing all trades before I entered new ones.

Now I don't stop them and check out the results for TP 8 SL 80.

http://xbot.ws/stats.aspx?name=Config_HEDGEHOG

92% winners, 352 pips (1 lot traded).

1.6% Drawdown

We just invented a money printer or something. :)

RobertVo:
Graham,

I was acctually closing all trades before I entered new ones.

Now I don't stop them and check out the results for TP 8 SL 80.

http://xbot.ws/stats.aspx?name=Config_HEDGEHOG

92% winners, 352 pips (1 lot traded).

1.6% Drawdown

We just invented a money printer or something. :)

Yeah, that would be nice I was wondering Robert, how hard would it be to run this robot on other pairs, just to get an idea of what Tp and SL might be good. Once we have a pool of data, then i can run more indepth backtesting to see if they work too.

I run right now in testing the GbpUsd, EurUsd, UsdChf, UsdJpy, EurJpy, GbpJpy.

I am esp interested in the jpy pairs.

Thanx

Graham

FXfish:
Hi Graham,

Questions for this system:

1)If a trade is not close for 2 or 3 days. Do we open a new trade during the period (with the same currency pair)?

2) What is the Maximum days we let a "not closing trade" run,before we manually close the trade?

3) Do we manually close the trade that is it not close on end of Friday? (do we run an open trade over the weekend?)

Hope You will answer the Question. Thank.

Generally speaking, with a 5 or 10 TP, both the trades will close in less than 24 hours, esp considering in a given day the EurUsd moves 100 for the day.

I generally leave them open because of that fact, though the only pair i was testing that did over 24 hours was the eurgbp because it was a slow mover.

Personally, i wouldn't worry about it. Let it run and keep adding lots. When that trade TP or SL, then act accordingly.

Graham

Hi,

On the results posted, check out the 2nd loss, it was on a consecutive day but your lots were still 0.1 and not 1.3

The next trade was 2.4, isnt this not right?

1210015 EURUSD Long 0.1 Feb 28, 15:00 1.3241 1.3161 ($80.00) -80

1210017 EURUSD Long 0.1 Mar 01, 15:00 1.3185 1.3105 ($80.00) -80

If you had taken 1.3 on Mar01 you would get blowed out by 1040$.......

Plesae correct me if Im wrong

Thx

Robert,

All these trades were at 15.00 pm.

Is this GMT?

Have you tried 0.00 GMT?

Mike4X.

DOMIANDR000:
Hi,

On the results posted, check out the 2nd loss, it was on a consecutive day but your lots were still 0.1 and not 1.3

The next trade was 2.4, isnt this not right?

1210015 EURUSD Long 0.1 Feb 28, 15:00 1.3241 1.3161 ($80.00) -80

1210017 EURUSD Long 0.1 Mar 01, 15:00 1.3185 1.3105 ($80.00) -80

If you had taken 1.3 on Mar01 you would get blowed out by 1040$.......

Plesae correct me if Im wrong

Thx

You know what could have happened...the first EurUsd closed after the second one was placed. I used to find this when i was testing the EurGbp. The reason i thought this could be it is the fact that generally the trades are sequential in time, whereas this one goes FEb 28 short, march 1 short, feb28 long, march 1 long....

So probably it was slow day on Feb 28, and on march 1 during the market sessions, the EurUsd took a nosedive kicking both to their respective S/L.

Graham

Thanks for this Graham, just to clarify - the orders are set up with a 80$ SL and are nevr manually closed, a new day opens a new order irrespective of the previous positions?

Thanks

Reason: