HedgeHog System & EA - page 5

Graham, are you using 4 PM Pacific "Daylight" Time? Or PST? There is a one hour difference. Sorry for this question but it looks like there might be quite a difference in results. Thanks for any advice. Great thread here.

traderone:
Graham, are you using 4 PM Pacific "Daylight" Time? Or PST? There is a one hour difference. Sorry for this question but it looks like there might be quite a difference in results. Thanks for any advice. Great thread here.

Hmmm...good question...I trade according to the clock on my computer. It says 2pm and 3:45pm in the Pacific Timezone. So that would be 5pm EST and 6:45pm EST.... actual time, but if it is in "Daylight" time or not, beats me

I don't know if that helps or not, but it is just regular time. Look at my FXDD logs to pull out its time as well.

Thanx, i think this is one of the better systems out there. Be nice to see this go somewhere.

Graham

At this moment, i have my results back completed for the 00GMT, so i will post all my results now for it, and later when a few more trades close, i will do the 22:00GMT.

Seems the market has been abit sluggish the last few days as it has taken longer to close trades. This aside we have had a good 2 week test so far.

For 00GMT since April 17th running 7 pairs with $10/lot FXDD mini account, hedgehog has produced $11442 with 117 out of 138 trades correct, or 84.78%

Here is a breakdown per pair:

EurUsd was 18 for 20 (90%) and earned $1780

GbpUsd was 18 for 20 (90%) and earned $1770

UsdChf was 16 for 20 (80%) and earned $760

UsdJpy was 18 for 20 (90%) and earned $1533

EurJpy was 17 for 20 (85%) and earned $1375

GbpJpy was 14 for 20 (70%) and earned $2077

EurGbp was 16 for 18 (89%) and earned $2147

Now 3 of these trades had a loss on thursday, so they will have martingale on sunday. They were a sell on the gbpjpy, buy on usdchf, sell on eurchf.

I was quite surprised the biggest earners are also the ones i don't like the most. The gbpjpy because of the lower %, and the eurgbp because of it sometimes takes 2-3 days for a TP or SL. However the reason they both do well is the gbpjpy has the lowest ratio of TP to SL, with a TP of 15 and a SL of 50, that is 3.3 instead of 5 for most of the other pairs. That means that by still using 6x the lots on a martingale trade after a loss, there is alot more profit when it recovers from a loss. The EurJpy has this advantage with a ratio of 4.2 because of its TP of 12.

Enclosed is the trade log for the last week. Unfortunately because of shuffling of trade stations, i only have the record for this time period from the beginning of the week.

In a few hours when the market is closed i will post the 22:00GMT results, plus my spreadsheet that has day-by-day results for the last 2 weeks.

Files:

On the parent thread, timmy brought up an interesting point to do with martingale trades. We have been using for most pairs a 6x lot rule for 2nd level trades. This means if our 1 lot trade fails, we do a replacement 6 lot trade later. Now even though this recoups the losses, it actually is missing 1 days profit. Let me explain.

On the EurUsd using the 10TP and $10 /pip lots, everyday we should make $100. If we take a loss on a 50 S/L, that is a loss of -$500, so on day 2, if we ran the 6x lot, that would yield on a win $600. After 2 days we net $100 instead of $200 if we had 2 back-to-back wins.

So if we adjust the lot size with the 00:00GMT results just posted the pair totals would approx be (based on 7x lot scaling):

EurUsd +$200 = $1980

GbpUsd +$200 = $1970

UsdChf +$315 = $1075

UsdJpy +$173 = $1706

EurJpy +$311 = $1685

GbpJpy +$787 = $2864

EurGbp +$356 = $2504

for an additional $2344 and a total of $13786!!!

Seems like a good idea, though if we have to do a 3rd level trade, now we are from 1 lot to 7 to 49 lots, instead of 1 to 6 to 36. One better hope the 3rd level trade works out

An idea that might earn a few extra bucks anyways. On the spreadsheet I will include a "Xtra lot" row to illustrate the 6x to 7x difference.

Graham

In a few hours when the market is closed i will post the 22:00GMT results, plus my spreadsheet that has day-by-day results for the last 2 weeks.[/QUOTE

it´s nice to see the results, but nicer to see you follow your vision with success and nobody tries to confuse you with bettter, secret indicators with high profits ( mostly for 1 day ).

GO!

Thanx to abit of movement in the market, the 22:00 GMT trades are more/less done. I still have a EurGbp trade open, but what else is new

At any rate here is the breakdown of stats for each pair including Net P/L, accuracy, and also the gain by going from 6x to 7x martingale.

EurUsd +$1000 14 out of 18 trades (77.8%) +$1,100 for 7x due to level3 win

GbpUsd +$1520 15 out of 18 trades (83%) +$300 for 7x

UsdChf +$1109 14 out of 16 trades (87.5%) +$157 for 7x

UsdJpy +$1383 16 out of 18 trades (89%) +$175 for 7x

EurJpy +$1235 17 out of 18 trades (94%) +$104 for 7x

GbpJpy +$2070 12 out of 18 trades (67%) +$788 for 7x

EurGbp +$3235 16 out of 18 trades (89%) +$354 for 7x

Grand total of $11,553 based on 6x. 7x would have yielded an additional $2978 for a total of $14532.

Accuracy total was 104 out of 124 or 83.87%

The EurUsd was the only pair that went into level 3 from April 20 to April 24th. Considering the 22:00 timeframe wasn't in the original rules, it seems to still do pretty good.

Enclosed is the spreadsheet as well for totalling all trades. I will start a fresh one for May trades.

Have a great weekend,

Graham

Files:

Check this out. My own backtest using my Xbot robot and tick data from FXDD.

http://xbot.ws/stats.aspx?name=Config_HEDGEHOG

Doesn't make tons of money but still it's interesting.

RobertVo:

Looks good... i would run it again but with instead of .5 run .6 or .7 like the system calls for...

I noticed the next days martingale trade are on both buy and sell for the following day. It should be only on the losing side. This would cause it to make less though, but i noticed a few of the losses were 5x as big, and those losses weren't martingaled properly. I counted 6 trades like that where the loss was -$250, where it should have been only -$50, thus an extra loss of -$1200. Now there probably was uncalled for gain also on the other side. I think there were about 15 that were like that $40 extra... so $40 * 15 = $600 extra...so a net difference of 600.

So from your rough robot, with those changes of .5 to say .7, the removal of dual-side martingale, it probably yields a fair bit more. Plus this is just 1 pair. My test has been good on 7 pairs.

I don't mean to pick apart your backtest, as i appreciate you bringing it up as this is the closest we have had yet. Maybe i will look through and see what the yield would be if those changes are so that we get a better idea.

Another point is i noticed even between Interbank and FXDD the feeds aren't identical, so one can miss the TP by a pips and thus change the stats.

Also depending on work, i wonder how it would do with other pairs, esp eurjpy with 12 stop...as that is one of the better pairs. These are things i can't wait to try out with a MQ4 script.

Graham

RobertVo:

I was also wondering, what time frame did you run it at? Was it 00GMT...if so i wonder what it would say if you ran it at 23:45GMT and 22:00 GMT, so we can compare it to our forward testing results posted in the thread.

Thanx,

Graham

Reason: