Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 986

mrtools,

could you please transform the following indi into a mtf one ? ( this is also related to bollinger bands )

Thanks in advance.

bdv.mq4

Files:
bdv.mq4  2 kb

split15:
could please someone fix this indicator, when i put it on chart it get frozen and can do nothing thanx

Split15, made this version it's the same except it's a stand alone version now.

Files:

andreatrade:
mrtools,

could you please transform the following indi into a mtf one ? ( this is also related to bollinger bands )

Thanks in advance.

bdv.mq4

Andreatrade, added the mtf.

Files:
bdv_mtf.mq4  4 kb
bdv_mtf.png  44 kb

Sorry for pestering, does Forex-tsd developed some expert advisor about this indicator? Thank

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page656

mladen:
Upgraded half trend indicator : halftrend_2.mq4

vitoingletto:
Sorry for pestering, does Forex-tsd developed some expert advisor about this indicator? Thank https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page656

vitoingletto

In short : no

We develop EAs only, and only when following conditions is met : when at least a couple of months (at lest 3-4 months) of manual forward testing results is provided and when those results are showing that it is worth developing the EA.

Just as a part of clarification why the upper part :

Back tests and "historical visual inspections" are, as it is obvious from the above part, not considered as a cause for developing and expert advisor nor are the "I am sure it will be profitable" statements (that I had at least a ton in my PM box). They are not considered as a cause because people tend to see entries at the first bar of a changed trend, while those "signals" in a real life can not be considered signals unless the bar is closed - and that changes the entry points significantly

Half trend tends to be in the "significant change" part when it comes to signal (due to its "fast response") which would cause a lot of losing signals that are not obviously seen at a first glance. For example - here is a completely different indicator that looks perfect when "visually inspected" :

But if you take a closer look, you shall see that there is on loss at that "perfect history" (even though the loss caused by that indicator is not even close to the loses that half trend can cause - especially in periods when the market is ranging).

Do not misunderstand me : I do not tell that half trend is a bad indicator. What I am telling that a system based only on it can not be considered a reliable "system" unless serious forward tests are conducted with strict rules that are never "changed on the fly"

Files:
step_ma.gif  80 kb

vitoingletto

Dearest MLADEN

can i know which ver of step ma in the given picture-aside the EA matter,:).

regards

mntiwana:
vitoingletto

Dearest MLADEN

can i know which ver of step ma in the given picture-aside the EA matter,:).

regards

mntiwana

I am afraid that I do not understand the question completely

I used that example just in order to show that even when all looks perfect on the chart, if we forget what are the rules of entering - and exiting - orders, we are fooling ourselves.

That example is used for simplicity reason (I did not want to post an example of half trend and then to have point out 10 out of 20 orders that would be losing - in total they would probably be gaining - if a proper MM was used along with some luck in trailing stops - but there would be too much to explain)

Instead I used that example where one entry (the one from August the 5th at approximately 16:40) is a losing trade just to show that we have to train our eyes (and minds) to think in trading way, not the "watching way"

PS: the version used for that example is the latest version (the "step ma new" version 1.05), and no, even though this is a multi time frame thread, that example is not using multi time frame

Dearest MLADEN,

so much thanks for the explained answer,it help me gain more out of your authenticated words,you know when you introduce some indi,we feel it is best one than the previous one and when you say some words or few lines about some thing,we feel,your words are more valuable than indies,it is a race and competition in between your comments and coding ...........as you strictly advised about MM and trailing stop and BE that is also important....as per your example,if one was totally sleeping without any securities,yes you are right,can be lost but for a smart trader,he can manage some pips in his favor out of 250 pips with BE or trailing stop with out loss.

(PS: the version used for that example is the latest version (the "step ma new" version 1.05), and no, even though this is a multi time frame thread, that example is not using multi time frame)

and yes i get my answer it was about step MA 1.05....thanks a lot.

you are always kind.

regards

Files:
5th_aug-1640.gif  605 kb

Hi everyone,

New to forex tsd and as I cannot start a new post (new members are not aloud) on this question I have I figured I would ask it here and hope to get a response.

I have a multi time frame expert advisor that I made that takes signals from three different time frames; m1, m5, and m15.

My question is whether or not metatraders strategy tester will be able to access all three time frames when I run it through the strategy tester.

I have read online both answers, yes it will work and no it won't. Looking for knowledgeable answers with past experience please!

- ForexMM

forexmm:
Hi everyone,

New to forex tsd and as I cannot start a new post (new members are not aloud) on this question I have I figured I would ask it here and hope to get a response.

I have a multi time frame expert advisor that I made that takes signals from three different time frames; m1, m5, and m15.

My question is whether or not metatraders strategy tester will be able to access all three time frames when I run it through the strategy tester.

I have read online both answers, yes it will work and no it won't. Looking for knowledgeable answers with past experience please!

- ForexMM

Yes, it will be able. But the results will be false

Reason: