Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 351

MTF in BackTesting

Hello Robert and ChristinaLi

Thanks for both of your responses. Regarding partial lists in iCustom, I agree, it is better to include all. I was wondering if anyone had experienced the partial list results as I have.

Since the last post, I have done extensive testing using the Strategy Tester and have found the following:

When you make the iCustom call, use Null in the second parameter for time. Pass the time you want through your indicator call. Comparing my results to the Data Window values, I found every 6th call for the higher D1 indicator, were accurate. The next succeeding five bars were approximately correct. I believe what is happening is that the iCustom call to the higher time frame is using the "intermediate bar 1 close" value to put in the corresponding bar of the lower time frame. I say approximately because when my Gann indicator flips to use the low, I believe Metatrader overwrites the original values with a linear interpolation to be able to draw a straight line from the higher value to the lower value. I found the values were approximately 7 pips or so off.

In addition, I am running H4 D1 test on the Strategy Tester on a tick by tick basis. I am attaching a shot with two charts. The top one is Running the Strategy Tester and the Bottom is using a standard chart synchronized to the same time. Notice the two are generally in agreement, but there are exceptions where the tester and actual differ somewhat, these are marked with arrows in the lower, active, chart.

Regarding the Buy Sell arrows, I cannot obtain their values in the slower, D1, iCustom call for their respective indices. I think there is a Metatrader draw bug as when the low dips below the Gann line, the arrow is displayed on the chart but if the bar closes above the line, then I think Metatrader is zeroing out the wrong bar, e.g it put it in the nth bar but it zeroes out either the nth+1 or nth-1 due to the bar change. If you stop and start, the pseudo arrows disappear just like a redraw problem but if you do not restart, they will remain on the chart continuously.

So to conclude, I believe that you can use MTF indicators successfully in the Strategy Tester although you must be cognizant of the potential difference due to time period interpolations. Also if you are using open prices only to facilitate your testing, be sure you understand its implications for the indicators you are calling.

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Tzuman

Files:
sep_08b.gif  97 kb

custom time frame

Hello people!

I have a question, if some good soul would point me in to right direction....

I trade on range bars, which means i make "off line chart" in mt4. That means custom time frame chart (1m, 7m,...), which means

that many of the multi tf indicators dont work, since they are coded for regular time frames (1m,15m,30m,60m,...)

For example, I like MTF_NonLagMAv7.1_4TF_Bar.mq4‎, but it shows only specified time frames.

So my question is, does anyone have similar indicator to this one, in which i could select specific custom TF?

Many many thanks!

mrtools:
Here you go! ps) forgot to mention you don't need the other indicator in indicators folder for this to work!

Dear MrTools,

You gave me the right thing I has been searching for long. Great thanks for your generosity. Best wishes to you.

Exciter135.

I would like a MTF TASSKIT please.

gann_hilo_activator_bars.mq4

tassklt.mq4

also the gann bars would be cool if they havent been made.

Thanks in advance.

Hi every body;

I've found these two indicator on page 98 at this thread ,, but they are not worke ,

could anybody repair them .

thank you very much .all_momentum_v1.0.mq4all_ttf_signal_combined_v1.0.mq4

Modify indicator

It is a multi timeframe rsi indicator.

It will alert when all timeframes are at the same direction.

Can someone help me to modify the indicator? So when the price is above 50EMA, only alert when all rsi allows are up. When the price is below 50EMA, only alert when all rsi allows are down.

Thanks

So many MTF conversions...

Hi

curious but to all the guys requesting MTF conversions...

Were they of use ?

Would be useful to see a screen shotof what you are seeing too...!

Ss2009_c mtf

Hi,

i've found this indi SS2009_C but i need SS2009_C MTF, help please...

200:
It is a multi timeframe rsi indicator.

It will alert when all timeframes are at the same direction.

Can someone help me to modify the indicator? So when the price is above 50EMA, only alert when all rsi allows are up. When the price is below 50EMA, only alert when all rsi allows are down.

Thanks

Hi 200,

Added the ma greater or less than price.

kirana70:
Hi, i've found this indi SS2009_C but i need SS2009_C MTF, help please...

Kirana70 please post the indicator will see if i can mtf it.

Reason: