Ema Cross! - page 41

cucurucu:
Please explain why do you think that? I want to improve this EA. I'm not tight to this idea. If you think of some improving idea, please post it here. All I did was taking the protrend trade along with the countertrend taken by the original emacross. I did that to benefit from the current trend, instead of waiting for the trend to change (like the original idea). This way, the countertrend order remains the same as in emacross, but we will have an extra protrend trade which will make extra profits.

I don't like so much hedging because it's not based in an established trend.

You buy because "perhaps trend changed because I'm lossing!" but you don't verify that.

This ea itself is using verified trends, so ... hedging is take a trade without any confirmation ... for me it's dangerous.

cucurucu:
Please explain why do you think that? I want to improve this EA. I'm not tight to this idea. If you think of some improving idea, please post it here. All I did was taking the protrend trade along with the countertrend taken by the original emacross. I did that to benefit from the current trend, instead of waiting for the trend to change (like the original idea). This way, the countertrend order remains the same as in emacross, but we will have an extra protrend trade which will make extra profits.

Your ea is also doing hedging? I thought the first one doing it was the v.3 from codersguru.

Hi CodersGuru

User choice - I agree. This was only a raw version for testing. The final version should have an extern bool.

It must go with a loser position only. I agree to this too, but let me explain how I think.

1. My mod does open one long and one short right from the start. Let's say the trend is upwards. The long will be closed in profit and the short will have a floating loss. (So far, the original emacross would have only the floating loss and no ptofit from that long).

When the trend reverses and goes down, the short position starts to gain.

2. The emas are crossing again (down) and the mod opens other two trades: one long & one short. In total we will have 2 shorts and 1 long. The original emacross would have only the short here(if it isn't closed with profit yet) or only one long (if the short was closed).

Now here is the problem! There are two ways:

a) the prices continue to fall, which is great, we have 2 shorts that will close in profits and we will remain with the long having a floating loss (like the original emacross)

b) the prices will rise, closing our long with profits, but letting us with two losing shorts.

How do we solve that? What do you think about leting only 2 trades at the time? In my example, on the second cross, not take the second short, take only the long (as the original emacross), but still keep the previous short. In total we will have 1 long & 1 short. ... the rest is like in step1 looping.

May be this is the point that we both are missing.

I hope I have explained this clearly.

Best Regards.

eric79:
Hi Eric

I would like to know a couple of things. For your testing, do you go pro or counter trend?

And do you enter immediately when placing the EA on the chart or do you enter on crosses only?

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

I have counter trend set to true as well as the immediate trade. I will keep running that demo account to test version 2 with those settings while we all discuss version 3 and the hedging feature.

Eric

Thanks. And do you restart the EA from time to time or is it running 24/7? I'm asking because i'd like to know what the entries are based on.

Cheers

eric79:
Thanks. And do you restart the EA from time to time or is it running 24/7? I'm asking because i'd like to know what the entries are based on. Cheers

I let it run 24/7 during the week, then shut it down for the weekend and restart on Sunday. Other than that, I have not intervened in any trades at all. I don't remember if it has opened fresh trades when I open the platform back up for each new week, but I don't think it has, although that could be because there have been open trades. The one trade that was stopped out for -325.00 I have no idea about, maybe that happened when I upgraded to the latest version 2. Not sure.

Ok, thanks for the info

Emac3

I'm using this version of EMAC3 in forward test.

Could you give it a test?

All members,

Is any one using any EA of this thread wiht Real money.

either of

EMACROSS

EMACROSS_2

Reason: