What's happening when I close MT4 and then re-launch

Hello,                 

If an EA is already managing a position i.e. a trade has been opened, and then I close (shut down) MT4.  When I re–launch MT4, the EA ignores the open position that it was managing  and starts all over again from the beginning, opening a new position. I don’t want this. Upon re-launch, the EA should continue to manage the trade that was open before MT4 was shut down.

Is this possible? 

Please note, I am not just talking about a lost connection. I am actually closing the MT4 platform and then re-launching it 

Thanks,

Brian 

4000:

Hello,                 

If an EA is already managing a position i.e. a trade has been opened, and then I close (shut down) MT4.  When I re–launch MT4, the EA ignores the open position that it was managing  and starts all over again from the beginning, opening a new position. I don’t want this. Upon re-launch, the EA should continue to manage the trade that was open before MT4 was shut down.

Is this possible? 

Please note, I am not just talking about a lost connection. I am actually closing the MT4 platform and then re-launching it 

Thanks,

Brian 

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

Your EA is not well coded, you have to change it in the way you want, of course it's possible.

MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum

angevoyageur:

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

Your EA is not well coded, you have to change it in the way you want, of course it's possible.

Thanks
Reason: