Download MetaTrader 5

What's happening when I close MT4 and then re-launch

To add comments, please log in or register
Brian
Brian  

Hello,                 

If an EA is already managing a position i.e. a trade has been opened, and then I close (shut down) MT4.  When I re–launch MT4, the EA ignores the open position that it was managing  and starts all over again from the beginning, opening a new position. I don’t want this. Upon re-launch, the EA should continue to manage the trade that was open before MT4 was shut down.

Is this possible? 

Please note, I am not just talking about a lost connection. I am actually closing the MT4 platform and then re-launching it 

Thanks,

Brian 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
4000:

Hello,                 

If an EA is already managing a position i.e. a trade has been opened, and then I close (shut down) MT4.  When I re–launch MT4, the EA ignores the open position that it was managing  and starts all over again from the beginning, opening a new position. I don’t want this. Upon re-launch, the EA should continue to manage the trade that was open before MT4 was shut down.

Is this possible? 

Please note, I am not just talking about a lost connection. I am actually closing the MT4 platform and then re-launching it 

Thanks,

Brian 

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

Your EA is not well coded, you have to change it in the way you want, of course it's possible.

MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum
Brian
Brian  
angevoyageur:

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

Your EA is not well coded, you have to change it in the way you want, of course it's possible.

Thanks
To add comments, please log in or register