Ema Cross! - page 39

Settings!

Hi folks,

A lot of options to set in this version of the EMA CROSS EA and maybe it confuse you.

But the good news is "YOU CAN & RECOMMENDED TO USE THE DEFAULTS"

Anyway this is the options in details:

What's the EMA CROSS?

The trading based on crossing of two EMAs (and 3 EMAs) is very old idea and which it worked and works.

But the EMA CROSS is based on another idea. It based on the Counter-Trend strategy.

We take the opposite position of all the world's traders who use the EMAs Pro-Trend.

We know all that the prices going on cycles and the trend reverse its direction.

We take the reversal direction from the beginning and wait the trend to go in our direction. That's the only way to make the maximum profits we could make.

Note: You can use the normal Pro-Trend if you don't like the Counter-Trend.

Let's see the option of the EA:

TakeProfit=180

Set the Take Profit Level you want for the original position.

TrailingStop=30

Set the Trailing Stop Level you want for the original position.

StopLoss=70

Set the Stop Loss Level you want for the original position.

You have to enable UseStopLoss option if you want to use Stop Loss.

UseStopLoss= false

Set this option to true if you want to use Stop Loss for the original position.

HedgingTakeProfit=20

Set the Take Profit Level you want for the hedging position. You have to enable UseHedging to use hedging system.

HedgingStopLoss=10

Set the Stop Loss Level you want for the hedging position.

UseHedging = true

Set this option to false if you don't want to use hedging system.

ContinuesHedging= true

This option if enabled will monitor the original position and every time it find it making losses it will open a hedging order. Set it to false if you don't want to use hedging monitor.

ShortEma= 10

The fast EMA value.

LongEma= 80

The slow EMA value.

I like these EMAs pairs (10/80, 5/13, 1/13) use the pair you believe in.

ImmediateTrade= true

If this option is enable the EA will open immediate trade as soon as you attach it to the chart. Set it to false if you want to wait the crossing of the two EMAs lines.

But if you set it to false and you decided to wait to the cross of the EMAs there's no mean to use Counter-Trend, you have to use Pro-Trend (CounterTrend=false).

CounterTrend= true

Use the originally CounterTrend crossing method or not. Set it to false if you want to use Pro-Trend strategy.

Lots= 1

The Lots value, the program will use this value if you turned of the Money Management system.

UseMoneyManagement= true

Use Money Management or not , set it to false if you don't want to increase your lots value when you win, but you have to set Lots option manually.

AccountIsMicro= false

Use Micro-Account or not

Risk= 10

The risk percentage you can bear.

UseHourTrade= false

Set it to true if you want to limit trading in some hours of the day.

FromHourTrade = 8

When will you start you trade.

ToHourTrade = 18

When will you finish you trade.

Show_Settings = true

Print the setting on the chart.

Summarized = false

Print Summarized settings

slippage = 3

Slippage value.

gkozlyk:
Just reset the account and put in version 3. Almost immediately it created trades that close out in loss, then creates new trades that close out in loss. I take it this EA isn't to be used on pairs with high pip spreads like EurCad, GbpJpy, etc?

Almost all the charts i run are daily plus it is still in a time the market is moving with activity.

Because of the immense amounts of losing trades, i was forced to disable to hedging and continuous hedging. Within about 5 min i had lost $7000 on a mini account

Graham

Garham,

Please find attached the MST Report:

HedgingTakeProfit=40

HedgingStopLoss=10

humble_trader:
Please see the attached file. In less than 10-15 minutes it kept on chopping my base investment like nothing I've ever seen.

If it did the opposite - this would drive everyone nuts.

The display is ordered by order close time - decending.

Thanks Coders Guru.

Humble_Trader

Humble_Trader,

Try it with these settings:

TF= D1

HedgingTakeProfit=40

HedgingStopLoss=20And tell me what do you think

Files:
ss_4.jpg  119 kb

Hi Codersguru

I was looking to your statement attached at post # 368 which duplicated equity.

i found that you had 2 trades at same time in same pair like on 6th March at 0031 hrs & 0031 hrs for usd jpy, i could not understand the reason of 2 orders same time and same time EA opned 2 oders for AUDNZD at same time 0031 hrs but these are in open trades.

i want to know is our system allowed it due to MM true or is there any other reason.

emacross3

Thanks CodersGuru for version 3. I have started testing it. However, until now, the results are worse than the emacrossmod's results. I'm not saying that just because I've posted emacrossmod. Obviously, I want to use the best EA, no matter who posted it.

I will keep you informed with the results.

Anybody testing emacross3? How are your results? Please specify the settings too.

Regards.

cucurucu:
Thanks CodersGuru for version 3. I have started testing it. However, until now, the results are worse than the emacrossmod's results. I'm not saying that just because I've posted emacrossmod. Obviously, I want to use the best EA, no matter who posted it.

I will keep you informed with the results.

Anybody testing emacross3? How are your results? Please specify the settings too.

Regards.

My results were horrible using the hedging stop of 10. I since moved the stop to 20 but now have to wait for market movement to see how the system runs.

So far countertrend with version 2 works best (but that is the only version i have really tested thoroughly).

Codersguru,

Version 3 looks great. I am starting to test it on H1.

Also, for anyone interested, here is my latest statement for version 2 which I am still running. For this version 2 statement, I am using all defaults except:

TP=100

TS=20

ShortEMA=1

LongEMA=13

TimeFrame=D1

I will continue testing both versions. Version 2 will stay the same on the Daily charts with 1 and 13 EMAs. Version 3 I will start testing (with the hedging feature) on Hourly charts with the default 10 and 80 EMAs.

Eric

Files:

Try it with these settings:

TF= D1

HedgingTakeProfit=40

HedgingStopLoss=20

Codersguru

Your report looks really impressive, but i wonder, why you have backtested ea on open prices onlymode, instead of every tick. Trading in mode on every tickwill give us big loss, and in this way we are trading live. So your backtest is completly unreliable. Am I right? Hope not...

cucurucu:
The error 131 means invalid volume trade. May be your broker doesn't accept certain lot sizes. Please set the MM to false and specify a lot size yourself. It will work. Bye.

Thanks for your help,problem solved.

Good: Nice clean code codersguru. THX

Bad based on backtesting on alpari's made data in 1H timeframe-every tick: (Not trying to be negative or burst any bubbles but)

1) Balance ends below $1000 without stoploss (meaning looser), with stoploss (I don't remmember exactly) was also bad, maybe not as bad.

2) Some people have mentioned several (like a lot) trades in the same minutes of backtester, this was a problem in the mql version of the platform too. And when this happens the results are no good plus this could never happen in forward testing as you get "Trade context/server busy" message if you try to put many orders at once.

Conclusion:

Always use StopLoss as you could get wiped out pretty quick.

Not ready for forward testing yet.

Reason: