Ema Cross! - page 36

Explanations

Yes leightonbeaty, the EA opens both Buy & Sell orders at the same time.

If you have "immediate_trade"=true, it will open those orders right from the start. You can check this in the EA properties window. True is the default value.

The idea of this modification is to open a pro-trend trade along with the counter-trend trade(which was open by the original EMACROSS2) at every cross.

After the protrend trades gets closed by the TS or TP, the counter trend trade will work as in the original emacross2. when the two emas are crossing again, the EA will open other 2 trades, so in total we would have 3 trades:

1.protrend open now at second cross

2.countertrend open now at second cross

3. the old countertrend trade, which now is going with the trend.

so two protrend and one countertrend.

This way , large lots can be used because of the hedging. I have just tested the two EA's with 60% risk and the original did 2,910 profit and the mod did 15,031 profit. (in 3 months, starting from 2,000 USD, GBPUSD Daily, defaults).

I hope this clears things up.

Bye.

Hi

codersguru

I am finding some stopsloss happned in emacroee-2 whereas stoploss is fasle but i think it trigrred and got following comment

EMA_CROESS_2[99.8%]

PLS suggest how to rectivfy this

i attached screen photo

attaachement wiht small bites

cucurucu:

This way , large lots can be used because of the hedging. I have just tested the two EA's with 60% risk and the original did 2,910 profit and the mod did 15,031 profit. (in 3 months, starting from 2,000 USD, GBPUSD Daily, defaults).

Bye.

Hi Cucurucu . Can you be more expecific please? what EA is the original and what is the mod?

Hi creative

The original is the EmaCross2 by CodersGuru.

The mod is EmaCrossmod which is a modification of the original. You can find it on post #350 of this thread.

Please read the #345 and #352 posts to see what's all about this modified version.

Bye.

Do you run the 2 Eas on the same chart? i mean the same pairs?

cucurucu:
Hi,

I have applied gkozlyk's idea to EmaCross2.

Total net profit 27111.00

Bye.

Can you tell me please how did you get this result? What chart, Ea or combinations of Ea's and the settings please?

Please have patience , i'm not understading right. The main reason is becouse of different languages, it's like the movie "lost in traslation"

No. Just the mod.

creative:
Do you run the 2 Eas on the same chart? i mean the same pairs?

No. I stoped running the original version. Now, I just want to test the mod version. I have started two demo accounts and I run the emacrossmod on both accounts. In the first account i use daily timeframe (for 8 currency pairs) and in the second account i use the H1 timeframe (for the same 8 pairs).

I'll post the first results tomorrow.

(the results I've posted in the previous posts were from backtesting)

May be somebody would like to give us a hand by testing the M30 and M15 timeframes.

Bye.

creative:
Can you tell me please how did you get this result? What chart, Ea or combinations of Ea's and the settings please? Please have patience , i'm not understading right. The main reason is becouse of different languages, it's like the movie "lost in traslation"

Have you read those statements attached there? Please read the statements.

It's all written there, in those statements, but I'll write it here for you.

I have backtested EmaCross2 and EmaCrossMod (one at the time, obviously).

Both EAs (original and mod) were tested with the exact same settings:

GBPUSD, Daily timeframe for the period 01 Jan 2006 - 01 Mar 2006

All the default settings were used for both EAs.

Do you understand now? I hope this helps.

If you need any extra info, please ask. I hope CodersGuru doesn't get ofended because I'm monopolizing this thread.

Bye.

Reason: