Ema Cross! - page 67

Yes works good in the back tester, but is better in timeframe of 4 hours. I wish understand the logic of the tigger

codersguru:
Hi folks,

Could somebody tell me what does he think about this simple EA?

It works good in metatrader back tester .

Note: The back testing optimized for the maximum accuracy results.

What causes the trigger on this EA?

Macbel:
I wish understand the logic of the tigger

I too, would like to know what triggers this EA, using laymen terminology. I have tested this, but found that it would buy for no apparent reason. Why? I tested this live too on Interbank.

Can someone please describe the logic of this EA in laymen terminology?

anyone can code a program to give sound alert when ema crossing?

thanks.

It does not trigger at each time the EMA crosses

I'm finding that it will take a long or short position, but it's not based on when the EMA crosses. I have it set for the default, 1 and 5, but it will take a position for no apparent reason, even if it does not cross. I don't understand the logic behind it, or why it takes a trade when it does. I've even seen it cross and watch it NOT take a trade one way or the other.

Can someone PLEASE enlighten me on this one?

The Wise Trader:
I'm finding that it will take a long or short position, but it's not based on when the EMA crosses. I have it set for the default, 1 and 5, but it will take a position for no apparent reason, even if it does not cross. I don't understand the logic behind it, or why it takes a trade when it does. I've even seen it cross and watch it NOT take a trade one way or the other. Can someone PLEASE enlighten me on this one?

Hi Wise!

I have a very bad memory! could you tell me what's the version of the EA you are talking about? and please attach it in your reply to check it.

Now, I have the time to return to the EMA CROSS and the forum!

Thank you CodeGuru!

The version is EMA_CROSS_2.mq4.

I am very interested in knowing when it triggers and why. Thanks!

The Wise Trader:
The version is EMA_CROSS_2.mq4. I am very interested in knowing when it triggers and why. Thanks!

Could you attach it??

What triggers a buy or a sell?

codersguru:
Could you attach it??

Yes, thank you, CodersGuru, I have attached it here for you to look at. I've been forward testing this for about 5 days now, and again, I'm interested in knowing what triggers it, and why at times it will not buy or sell when the EMA is crossed, and at other times, it does buy or sell when their is no EMA crossing in sight. It just seems to be inconsistent and I'm very curious as to what makes it buy or sell when it does. It also seems only to take three or four trades (at the most), at any point in time, and won't take a trade when there clearly is an EMA cross (if their are three or four trades open).

Do I have the latest rendition of this?

Finally, when it does EMA does cross, and it places a trade, (either a buy or a sell), can it offer a sound alert when it does?

Any insight in laymen's terms that you can offer would be appreciated.

Files:
ema_cross_2.mq4  12 kb

Ema_cross_2

Dear Codersguru

I am really interested in understanding the logic behind the below code in your EMA_CROSS_2 EA.

//Don't work in the first load, wait for the first cross!

static bool first_time = true;

if(first_time == true)

{

first_time = false;

return (0);

}

When you say "//Don't work in the first load, wait for the first cross! " what do you mean by that please?

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to you and to everybody in this forum.

Many thanks

Asaaadmy

Reason: