Ema Cross! - page 40

Largest Loss > Trailing Stop?

Hi Codersguru,

I'm new to MetaTrader Experts and I really appreciate this forum. I downloaded the EMA_CROSS expert and ran a few tests. It's amazing how such a simple idea can produce such good results. I'm confused how the Max Loss can be so large when there is a Trailing Stop. Is it because a stop loss is not added to the opening of a position?

Also, I can't seem to find anyhting that explains all the "Expert Properties" fields. For example, what is the role of each column of the Input tab: Value, Start, Step, Stop.

I tried the Expert again on H1 data with ShortEma=6, LongEma=24, TrailingStop=20, Lots=1 and TakeProfit=120. The results are excellent and only a Max Drawdown of 2.6%. But the Largest Loss is -351.00, which is confusing me at the moment. It seems like it should be at most 230 when accounting for a 3 pip spread.

Hope you can add some insight.

Files:

hi codersguru,

i seem to b recieving a message of:

2006.03.08 14:44:19EMA_CROSS_3 GBPUSD,Daily: Error opening BUY order : 131

any idea why?

bigD:
hi codersguru,

i seem to b recieving a message of:

2006.03.08 14:44:19EMA_CROSS_3 GBPUSD,Daily: Error opening BUY order : 131

any idea why?

Please read the post #390.

Eric:
Codersguru,

Version 3 looks great. I am starting to test it on H1.

Also, for anyone interested, here is my latest statement for version 2 which I am still running. For this version 2 statement, I am using all defaults except:

TP=100

TS=20

ShortEMA=1

LongEMA=13

TimeFrame=D1

I will continue testing both versions. Version 2 will stay the same on the Daily charts with 1 and 13 EMAs. Version 3 I will start testing (with the hedging feature) on Hourly charts with the default 10 and 80 EMAs.

Eric

Hi Eric

I would like to know a couple of things. For your testing, do you go pro or counter trend?

And do you enter immediately when placing the EA on the chart or do you enter on crosses only?

Thanks

Eric

Hi

Codersguru,

In EMACROSS_2 is it possible to trade both side of trend at the sametime.

I mean i want to attach EA to Two charts 6o minutes time in same account where in one chart i will put reversal true and in other i will enter reversal" False

Will it work

It may by a silly question

Hello Codersguru,

Your ea-v3 is too negative I stop the test with -800$ today.

The version of cucurucu remains positive .

BrunoFX:
Hello Codersguru,

Do you have any statements BrunoFX? Please post the statemens. Thank you.

BrunoFX:
Hello Codersguru,

Hedging is very dangerous.

Can you upload last statement from cucurucu?

Thank you and best regards.

Hi,

I attach the new statement today. I tested the order MM (Money-management) and AccountIsMicro.

Hi forexts

forexts:
Hedging is very dangerous.

Please explain why do you think that? I want to improve this EA. I'm not tight to this idea. If you think of some improving idea, please post it here.

All I did was taking the protrend trade along with the countertrend taken by the original emacross. I did that to benefit from the current trend, instead of waiting for the trend to change (like the original idea). This way, the countertrend order remains the same as in emacross, but we will have an extra protrend trade which will make extra profits.

Reason: