Suggestion to forum admins - page 43

Hello Sir

My 2 post deleted from the thread 1) Something interesting... and 2) Metatrader 4 Build 418... which are most important for me. Did i done anything wrong ?

Thanks

secretcode

It may be about which posts ...

... about elite section indicator (coded by our forum for our forum for elite section) on public place our forum ...

It is nothing wrong to ask any question about elite section indicators on this public thread for example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173581

but without promoting bad guys who are stealing ...

newdigital:
It may be about which posts ...

... about elite section indicator (coded by our forum for our forum for elite section) on public place our forum ...

It is nothing wrong to ask any question about elite section indicators on this public thread for example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173581

but without promoting bad guys who are stealing ...

Sorry newdigital

But I am not a bad guy

secretcode

I know

It was not about you.

I just explained about why deleted.

blogs

NewDigital

Is there a page to explain how to use the blogs. I have never used blogs. or do you still have the ability to have seperate forums?

Keit

Blogs?

In menu - move mouse to 'Others' and click on 'Blogs'.

About private groups (public, moderated or by invitation only) - yes, it was popular with old webdesign ... but to say a true - I did not test it with this new webdesign. To use private groups - move mouse to 'User Tools' and click on 'Social Groups'.

It is how it was explained for old webdesign:

How to open private, moderated or public private groups on the forum: starting from this page and this post as latest one.

Anyway it should work (you can test and make an opinion or suggestion about what to improve or to work or not to work ...).

Hi Newdigital,

Do you know of any EA posted at this forum that has a scaling-in feature similar to that of the Turtle System ? The feature works this way: when a trade generates profit of a certain range (for example 1/2 ATR), the system will add one trading lot to its position. And when the profit goes up again by the same range, the system will add one more trading lot to the position, on and on.. .

Could you please provide the link to the EA if such an EA exists at this forum ? I'm working on a trend following EA and would like to follow the same scaling-in methodology.

Thanks

pooh

About turtle so you can see those links and download some versions:

Turtles EAs with documentation:

- MY TURTLES EA - need Testers: EA with documentation;

- Turtles EA: EA with documentation;

- The Original Turtle System: documentation.

As to your explanation ... I am not sure that I understood. It looks like money management ... so called

" MoneyManagement by L.Williams ";

MM=false; // ММ Switch

Risk=0.15; // Risk Factor

LossMax=1000; // Maximum Loss by 1 Lot

Means:

if ( MM ) Lotsi=NormalizeDouble(AccountFreeMargin()*Risk/LossMax,1);

later on it was improved to this one:

DecreaseFactor = 1; //Decrease Lots After Loss Risk = 10; //10%

So you can checked those improved MM codes using those links (Bago-Method_Mikhail-EA-V3.3):

Bago-Method_Mikhail:

- original thread is here;

- original rules to trade and some preliminary versions of the EA: see this page.

- Bago-Method_Mikhail-EA-V3: EA with RSI Exit option.

- Bago-Method_Mikhail-EA-V3.1: latest version of the EA (fixed for use of 3rdMA confirmation).

- Bago-Method_Mikhail-EA-V3.2: latest version of the EA (made by this request).

- Bago-Method_Mikhail-EA-V3.3: latest version of the EA with implemented MACD_CCI_K as entry filter.

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for your feedback. Explanation on the scaling-in feature of original Turtle System:

Suppose the starting lot size is 0.1 standard lot for the trade, and it's a buy order. After the order is placed price goes up by 1/2 ATR. So you add to your long position by placing a new buy order of 0.1 lot, while keeping the 1st long order open. And then if the price goes up again by 1/2 ATR (total pips for the 1st long order = 1/2 ATR + 1/2 ATR =1 ATR), you place a new long order of 0.1 lot again, while keeping the previous two long orders open. So now you have a total of 3 long orders, each with a size of 0.1 lot, and the first 2 long orders are in profit. Now, if the price goes up by 1/2 ATR again, you place a new long order of 0.1 lot. This can continue on and on......... With such a strategy, if you catch a trend with a range of 8%, your account can easily go up by 40%, 50% or more. And the risk is low compared with the gain.

Do you know of any EA of this forum that use this methodology ?

Thank you Newdigital. I'll check out the Turtle EAs. They should have it if they're in line with the original Turtle methodology.

Reason: