RB26DETT-Skyline GTR - page 39

treberk:
1. What if I am not even testing this EA?

2. Your demo testing will not actually tell you "what does work but also what does NOT work" it will only give you a guide at best, because live usuage of EAs and demo usuage are 2 different things -you obviously still do not get this point! If you consider Martingale strategies as a whole an elememt of luck may also be needed.

If you was really serious you could open a mini account with ibfx and do proper live testing with NanoLots, much like Minime does! (Live does not mean demo forward testing.)

treberk,

Me and Ray currently running live trading, and not 10 dollars account, mine is 30k and Ray's 1k with the similar settings. Mark is trying to discover some other setup for the moment. Ofcourse we will not dump the entire amount of money we have to spend it on some stupid forward test setups. But if we stop finding other possibilities, I might as well made a backtest and start trading it live? What is the purpose of demo testing? So far this EA is opening trade based on volatility, therefor backtest will have a major flaw and will noto suit the forward/live trading condition, so I'm hoping others come up with different setup as well, just to confirm whether there is some other setup which is more profitable and more safe. Dont worry about it, I appreciate their help and your expert advice though. Once again, thank you for your participation. Please, no hard feelings fellas. This is very good to have discussion and helping others to identify the results. Cheers

Regards

David

davidke20:
treberk,

Me and Ray currently running live trading, and not 10 dollars account, mine is 30k and Ray's 1k with the similar settings. Mark is trying to discover some other setup for the moment. Ofcourse we will not dump the entire amount of money we have to spend it on some stupid forward test setups. But if we stop finding other possibilities, I might as well made a backtest and start trading it live? What is the purpose of demo testing? So far this EA is opening trade based on volatility, therefor backtest will have a major flaw and will noto suit the forward/live trading condition, so I'm hoping others come up with different setup as well, just to confirm whether there is some other setup which is more profitable and more safe. Dont worry about it, I appreciate their help and your expert advice though. Once again, thank you for your participation. Please, no hard feelings fellas. This is very good to have discussion and helping others to identify the results. Cheers

Regards

David

David,

I understand that you are a serious person and respect you for putting your money where your mouth is.

You, more than others will understand what I mean by the difference in live testing and demo testing with brokers like Interbankfx. No, I am not saying that Interbankfx are cheating x, y, or z - they are obviously not in business to lose money, just like any other broker, but there is a big difference in the results produced by their demo and live accounts with regards to using EAs.

Need2bFree:
Dear friend,

I'm sorry that I confused you and made you missunderstand the post.

1. Yes it is in margin call. Not sure why you would think I didn't know that but whatever.

2. This is a demo account for testing purposes. Testing what? Testing different settings to find not only what does work but also what does NOT work

3. IT'S ALL GOOD means, read #1 and #2.

There are hundreds of EAs and manual system that have been tested on forums which long term many have found to be no good.

Wow, with your approach, we have certainly come full circle in the thinking on the forums if a demo test that produces a margin call is now considered to be "ALL GOOD"!

Need2bFree:
Dear friend,

Now if you really wanted to be of help, maybe instead of attacking your fellow team players you could post your current set?

1. What if I am not even testing this EA?

2. Your demo testing will not actually tell you "what does work but also what does NOT work" it will only give you a guide at best, because live usuage of EAs and demo usuage are 2 different things -you obviously still do not get this point!

If you consider Martingale strategies as a whole an elememt of luck may also be needed, it would be fantastic if this "luck" element could be taken away all together. In my opinion, with a Martingale strategy, you need to ultimately test whether it can handled a 400-600 pip trend or move in 1 direction without any significant retracement....

If you was really serious you could open a mini account with ibfx and do proper live testing with NanoLots, much like Minime does! (ps: "Live" does not mean demo forward testing.)

treberk:
David,

I understand that you are a serious person and respect you for putting your money where your mouth is.

You, more than others will understand what I mean by the difference in live testing and demo testing with brokers like Interbankfx. No, I am not saying that Interbankfx are cheating x, y, or z - they are obviously not in business to lose money, just like any other broker, but there is a big difference in the results produced by their demo and live accounts with regards to using EAs.

You got the point here, therefor the demo is there for the 1st hand inorder to find a settings right before we even risk another 100 bucks of live trading on the settings we dont even proof it on demo testing. There is few stage of testing I do:

Backtest - To check all the EA fucntion is in place and doing their job, just optimize for non blowup settings(not optimize profit)

Demo testing - To ensure the setup optimized from backtest is applicable

Live testing - With small amount of account balance to ensure the broker can accept that kind of trading

Finally, whack in big amount of money and start praying. Guess what, I've seen mini account act differently with my standard account. So, that doesn't mean you test with 100 dollars to have some success and you can use that setup to work with your big account either. Sadly, I still havent find any broker which is honest enough to deal with martingale. Suprisingly, North Finance's execution is 100times better then IBFX, but they dont allow scalping. If you trade multiple contract on the same currency pair and close it very oftenly, they'll start sending warning letter to you to warn your scalping will lead you to freeze account.

Regards

David

Regards

David

Results

Here are my forward testing results after 3 weeks. All settings are default on TF = M30.

Regards,

BernieS

6+ year backtest

i've tested various martingale EAs and all have blown with default settings over an extended backtest. as an exercise i set out if settings could be found that survived a 6+ year backtest and gave decent results. see attached.

the usual caveat applies in regards to backtesting not the same as forward live testing but at least the account does not crash in backtesting.

edit: see my other post below. for some reason the ea does not backtest certain months of the year

david,

i have tried backtesting rb26 from august 1 2004 to january 1 2005 and get no results at all, 0 trades opened, testing with every tick. this is with the default settings for rb26. at first i thought there was a gap in the data but i backtested the macd sample ea for that period of time and trade results were produced. i found the same thing for august 2005 to jan 2006 and a few other years for the same period of time.

have you got those testing months disabled in the ea?

Files:

I noticed that as well. I think this is caused by the expiration date in the ea causing some month to be disabled.

Alex

BluePearl:
david,

i have tried backtesting rb26 from august 1 2004 to january 1 2005 and get no results at all, 0 trades opened, testing with every tick. this is with the default settings for rb26. at first i thought there was a gap in the data but i backtested the macd sample ea for that period of time and trade results were produced. i found the same thing for august 2005 to jan 2006 and a few other years for the same period of time.

have you got those testing months disabled in the ea?

Are there any settings that you would like to see tested?

Currentally I am testing as is, eur/usd 1 hr.

Not sure if I am the only one that is at defult, maybe it would be best to leave as is to compare with others adjustments?

Let me know

Rick

davidke20:
treberk,

Regards

David

total statements

32 days

ibfx EURUSDm

total 3 times level 6

Files:
Reason: