I think the key to make this ea profitable (very profitable) is to forgot about sl an tp... it only should open positions when asc shows up or down.
and the asc needs to be profen with rsi or somekind of other indicator to confirm if its possible that the market move the way asctrend shows.
the biggest problem with this ea is shiftbars 1... often a bar goes a lot of pips down, before asc indikator show it. so it would be better to open position +/- 10 pips of first reaction from asctrend indicator.
Well Do you know a ASCTrend EA for opening and closing the trades just by changing the signal ?
It should be one or 2 EAs on this thread (or on different thread) but i am not sure about logic for how it opens the order.
I check all of them, but they are based on TP SL, and for this indicator SL is killing kind.
It is not difficult to code but I am not good coder. For example I don't know how to code the following:
EA is closing the order on opposite asctrend arrow (close bar) and open the other other on next tick let's say.
I mean the following: if sell asctrend arrow (or sell dot) so EA is closing buy order (if we have buy order of course) and opening sell order almost in the same time, or withing one bar.
If somebody tells about how to code it so it may be fine.
Because this EA should use stop loss and take profit as an option (as true or false - means: use it or not), but mainly it should close/open the orders according to the arrows (or dots).
As I remember there is some EA which I coded long time ago in elite section for ema crossing: EA is closing one order and opens the other one on one crossing. I will try to modify this EA tomorrow to insert asctrend indicator instead of ema.
wow really ?
an EA opening and closing at the signal change, without SL and TP ?
It should be the best EA
I am waiting for see it with GREAT interest
1. AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.1 EA.
This EA is closing the orders on the following:
- stop loss, trailing stop and take profit;
- asctrend arrows.
To use openning/closing on asctrend only so use stop loss/take profit/trailing stop as 1000 for example.
2. AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.3 EA.
Stochastic and parabolic SAR indicators were added for confirmation of buy/sell order openning:
- Buy Asctrend signal is confirmed if Parabolic SAR is on uptrend and main line of Stochastic indicator is below 70.
- Sell Asctrend signa; is confirmed if Parabolic SAR is on downtrend and main line of Stochastic indicator is above 30.
This version is slightly filtered by two indicators.
3. AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.4 EA.
Updated AsctrendBuySellExpert with updated PriceChannel_Stop_v1.3 for exit coded especially for this EA.
4. AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.5 EA.
Updated version with Partially Closing.
5. AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.6 EA.
Igorad added RSIfilter and RSIexit for AsctrendBuySellExpert.
If RSIperiod = 0 - filter is off and if xRSIperiod = 0 - exit is off
Download from this post.
You may try it. But I could not find good settings sorry. I think one asctrend indicator is not profitable. It should be the other indicators coded as a system.
Besides i am not sure how it will be traded on demo closing and openning the order on the same close bar.
Many thanks for this. I totally agree than there is no indicator can handle an EA alone. In fact, I do not trust EA as an independent automatic system. I believe EA is useful when you are controlling it.
OK, I will try it, but I have some questions.
1. Signals like ASCTrend are unstable in the current bar, and one can sure about it only after the opening of the next bar. This EA is based on the first appearance of signal or when it is fixed ?
2. What do you mean by "Besides i am not sure how it will be traded on demo closing and opening the order on the same close bar."? You mean this EA is not still trustable to open a new trader just when closing the previous trade ?
Maybe it is better to define to start a new trade with a shot delay, e.g. 1 min to avoid the system confusion.
1. You are talking about close and open bar. This EA (as many other EAs) are operating ion close bar. Or fixed in your terminology. Fixed.
For example: you see asctrend signal. If the bar with signal close and new bar is open, and if we still see the signal on previous close bar so EA will open the order. To say it shiortly: EA is operating on close bar and may be backtested and optimized the settings and so on. Normal stardard way as many other EAs.
2. I backtested it and it works fine. But it should be forward tested for at least few hours to see this closing/openning on demo account. Because backtesting and forward testing is different. If we don't have problem with closing/openning on one signal so I will add some more indicators to this EA: NRTR or some others. Because just one indicator is not enough to have profitable system.
1. OK, So it will treat the signal when the bar with ASCTrend signal is closed.
2. It is very useful to add more indicators, however, as I said before I will never trust in fully automated EA. However, I believe that this is a good EA as can resolve the constant problem of SL of EAs.
But I have an idea in my mind. As you quoted in
ASCTrend is a great indicator but the problem is that some of the signals are not valid. In fact, this indicator is very helpful if one avoid such invalid signals. I think it is difficult to define it in an EA (the best case will be the ASCTrend System discussed in this thread). I think one need to inspect the market with different indicators to ignore such invalid signals.
As you know EAs on MT4 works on two systems: fully automatic trades, and with manual approve. Is it possible to design something in between. I mean a fully automatic trades but with few minutes delay (asking for approve).
In this case, the trader has chance to judge about invalid signals, and upon detection he/she can ignore that signal.