Please help me figure this out.

I am using the liquidex EA, and am also using an Oanda demo account to test it. In the tester it is all wins wins wins wins, but in forward testing it sucks. I think it has something to do with the spread. Oanda claims that their spread for GBPUSD is between 3 and 5, and in my terminal it says 30 or 50. If i go into the tester and set a spread of 3 - 5, it does fine. However, if I set the spread to current, it loses all of the balance, kind of like in forward testing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

This EA. or those versions here? You should ask the author of this EA, or (if author is not available here) - the coder (any coder) to check it for you (in may be in Freelance service for example).

But it also depends on how to backtest (which mod - on open bar, on every tick, and so on), and how this EA was coded (on open bar, on high/low of the bar, on close bar), and more and more. So, this is the author (coder) can tell you about it.

Reshende

what i understand,it is always 3 to 5 pips with 4 digit broker are equal to 30 to 50 pips with 5 digit broker,you needs adjust your strategy/calculation (spread,profit,loss)  according this.

regards

mntiwana:

Reshende

what i understand,it is always 3 to 5 pips with 4 digit broker are equal to 30 to 50 pips with 5 digit broker,you needs adjust your strategy/calculation (spread,profit,loss)  according this.

regards

You are mixing pips and points.

On the MT4 backtester the spread is in points. So if the broker spread is 3 pips, you need to set it to 30.

EDIT: just to be clear, my above remark is for 5 digits broker, on a 4 digits one 1 pip=1 point.

Thank you.
Reason: