Originally Posted by yusof786 View Post
Thanks newdigital . I guess ill be using the 4 hour timeframe then .
Also looking forward to the ASCTrend indicator compilation . I guess ill be very interested in a very suitable indicator for the 4 hour timeframe.
Thanks again in advance for all your help.Really do apreciate it
If you are new to Metatrader or forex trading so I may suggest for you to use this system https://www.mql5.com/en/forum
It is very good starting system because it is H4 timeframe, I used it for USDCHF for the long time and sometimes i am using this system to recover my deposit after some losses. You may start to trade inside the channel and then, when you will become more experienced, so you may trade on the breakout. Anyway using this system you will understand how to trade support/resistance levels and so on.
After Channel Trading system you will want to find this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum , and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum , and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173201 and many others.
Because when I will sort everything out on this thread ... i will try on Sunday but i am alone so i have a lot of everything to do here. Besides ASCTrend systems are signal systems. And it is very difficult to use any signal trading system without understading of the price movement.
Just imagine that somebody is asking some questions from you: why price is moving in that way?; when to place buy or sell?, tomorrow?, the day afer tomorrow and why?; what is the levels for buy/sell tomorrow and next week?; why you are not trading today?; how do you know in the early morning that you will not trade today the whole day?; what will be with the price in the near future and why ...
Thanks Newdigital for your wisdom and guidance
I will do as you say
I really do apreciate all the help you have given me so far.Thanks again
May i suggest using Nittany's Trending or Ranging [ToR] indicator as another filtering indicator for the ASCTrend EA you guys are developing here.
1. It displays in real time the current situation of the market (either Trending or Ranging) based on ADX which may be very useful for the EA to decide wether the market is trending or not and to initiate a trade.
And a personal question to Newdigital , there's this new thread [The TrendStuffer System] for an EA and indicator based on trending on the commercial section doing very well if you read the posts.
I hope you could enlighten me again wether it is a recommended system and wether i should pursue purchasing it and using the EA.Please check it out.
I also hope their method could be incorporated into the developement of the ASCTRend EA.
Yeh ive looked at that indicator its not really finished yet its still kind of in development stages.
Hello fellow traders... I would like to know if RSI filter indicator (histogram)does not repaint... thanks Dave.
Put it with some EA in strategi tester on visual mode, and u will see.
It does not re-paint.
ASC Trend question
I have 2 questions here:
1) May I know why the ASCtrend indicartor are not able to show for a long period of time. I tried to set the "count bar" to a higher value but it does not help at all. Can someone explain why???
2) I also tried include the brainsystem 1&2 with the ASCTrend on 1h TF, I find that it can provide very good signal (during london session) though sometimes it may fail (for example, sudden reversal of price movement). May I know any test on this combination before??? Any coments on this method? On top of that I uses CCI(14) and sto(14,5,5) to further confirm the trend.
Appreciate if someone could share their experience on using both system (ASCtrend and brainsystem). Thank you.
1) I checked: it works. I am using CountBars=1000. If you change to 300 you will see not many arrows.
2) I did not try the combination of the systems.
- The meaning of ASCTrend system is the following: we are having good trend and we want to enter in the middle of the trend or in the end of the trend just to "convert" some part of the trend. We just want to be sure that we will not have reversal. That is why we are using so many indicators.
- The meaning of BrainTrading system is to enter in the beginning of the trend. That is why we are using so many indicators to filter the false entrance.
First of all thanks for the reply:
1) I tried to enter a much higher value e.g. 10,000 because my MT4 data has a history until June 2006. I tried also 1,000 and 1,500 it works but not value higher than that. The reason I do that is because I am testing whether the combination of ASCtrend and brainsystem works.
2) Based on my initial test on this method, I realsied that they do give signal at the same time and when they give the indication, the chances of good trade is higher. I wouldn't further test them because I encountered some problem as mentioned in 1).
Anyway, thanks for the help.
I was wondering if it could be interesting to create a multiple timeframe #MTF ASCTrend based on the N4 (Steinitz or LSMA) model developed by Mr. Pip. This could give clearer signals on different timeframes.