ASCTrend system - page 118

matrixebiz:
Hello, I downloaded 1.7 to test but it doesn't trade on 5 digit broker, what do I need to change? Thanks

1.7 for 5 digits here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249/page73

Hello fellow traders,

I have a small problem with indicator NRTR dots 1.

The core of the problem is that a new m15 candle strats with a green dot below (quasi buy signal), the price moves (for example) 10 pips up, then moves back down just a 1 pip (stil the same candle!) and NRTR dots 1 changing from green dot below candle to red dot upper candle ! How it is possible ? Any idea how to avoid this ?

Best regards, J.

Thank you Guys

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you guys, particularly New Digital for all the work and info that you have provided in this thread. I rarely make a posting as you can see. However, I have learned to appreciate the wonderful contributions that you guys have made to this forum. I have combined ASC trending technique with VSA successfully. Has anyone tried this? Thank you very much.

PS. Although this thread seems to have died, I wanted to post this anyway.

Some usefull explanation about how to use/interpret indicators in this systems - this page:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249

Quick question I look at the past arrows that asctrend 2 signals it draws and they give watever price 1.xxxxx for example. But when i look at the bar it's pointing too the price never reacher that signal at that bar.

when the sell or buy arrow appear, which bar is it referring too? Are those arrows just confrimations to the prior sell signals? I really don't understand, the price never reaches that on the bar it is pointing to.

Arrow is not telling about any value.

It is just a direction for buy or sell.

As in any signal system (asctrend, braintrend, ema crossing and so on) - the buy or sell order should be opened on the next (previous, or closed) bar with arrow.

I mean:we see the arrow on open bar, waiting when this bar will be closed and new bar is opened, if we still see this arrow (on previous bar) so we open buy or sell.

This question was asked many times.

For example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249/page52

and it is the example with EA with image:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249/page52

Maybe im using a wrong indicator, im using one i found online which is called _ASCTrend_Sound.mq4 i downloaded it online it said its asctrend2 indicator with sound.

I have attached a few screenshots to understand what im saying better.

The ASCtrend indicator gives a sell signal for .9395 at 11:00, but when you look at the 11:00 bar it never reaches that prices it doesn't even come close to it. The high for that bar was .9381, and i highly doubt the spread was 14pips, this is an ECN broker by the way so spreads never get that high, and this is today which is a normal trading day.

so my question is how is ASCtrend generating these signals, maybe it generated the signal on the 10:00 bar but the arrow is showing on the 11:00.

I'm very confused.

Files:

Im assuming where it says the value for the arrow, that is just the position of the arrow and not an actual price signal? Is this correct?

The ASCtrend indicator gives a sell signal for .9395 at 11:00

No. The arrow is indicating that sell signal will be on the next bar. And the order will be opened on the market price.

This .9395 is the value of the arrow only. It is nothing with any order and any price.

The arrow is just the direction of the order to be opened.

And the order should be opened on the next bar.

the position of the arrow and not an actual price signal

Yes, value of arrow is the position of arrow. It is where the arrow is placed on the chart. It is not the actual price.

order should be open on the next bar: bar with arrow will be closed and if we still see this arrow (on close bar) - we are openning this sell order (when new bar is opened).

Example with your image:

All signal systems are traded on this way: Asctrend, BrainTrend, Brainwashing, any EMA crossing, and most of the other systems. It means: "trading on the closed bar" - wait when the bar with the signal will be closed and only after that open the trade.

Files:
Reason: