ASCTrend system - page 113

Another Interesting thing

Another interesting thing I found out:

apply the 5 mins strategy to EUR/USD and USD/CHF

because of the highly negative correlation, this two pairs usually has signals at the same time:

i.e if EUR/USD has a long signal, USD/CHF usually uas a short signal at the same time, if there is an EUR/USD signal, but no opposite signal for USD/CHF, it is likely that the signal in EUR/USD is invalid.

ASC and MACD

Is there an ASC EA with a MACD filter? ( Enter on bar after arrow as long as MACD agrees, exit with TP or opposite arrow). If not, could someone put it in?

xtf:
Is there an ASC EA with a MACD filter? ( Enter on bar after arrow as long as MACD agrees, exit with TP or opposite arrow). If not, could someone put it in?

No, no macd based.

I want to filter out the ASC signals which do not agree with the MACD. Is there a simple bit of code I could put in to do this? I suppose it could be put in either the indicator or the EA.

I have tried putting in an if statement with Macdcurrent but it hasn't worked.

Any help would be great

Help me please!

Results is fine but it has some errors on backtesting.

Thanks a lot.

Files:
error.jpg  223 kb

error 4107 is "4007 No memory for temp string".

I do not know what is that sorry.

plee.oton:
Results is fine but it has some errors on backtesting. Thanks a lot.

Never saw that error, but interesting enough, in backtesting this EA I don't get good results in M15... Seems better with bigger TF's, like H1 or H4. However, I get just a few trades in a year! Is that right?

Is anyone forward testing this? What TimeFrame? For what results?

ASCtrend Signal

I did not author the indicator but noticed that it takes good trades between the range. The idea to make something work permanently seems to be the hurdle to master. Markets behave just for certain periods to indiciators read and that is why the EA has to be made to look between such.

The idea is to make it trade between the lines taking a profit. In addition it can be managed by mm to take 50% and let break even and remaining position run. In the long run that could work to bring back constant smooth equity rides.

Attached is the indicator I found on one of the forums. In addition the EA my software guy wrote. there is some correction work to do in it. The trade opens but seconds later it closes the position. It has no mm and needs a trailing as well a tp of 50% plus a break even setting right after it takes the first 50% profit. No stop loss visible to the broker just trailing a hidden stop.

Each currency pair needs to be adjusted to a suitable risk factor. Also it ain't matter what time frame as long you feel comfortable with it. So there is some study to do and it is not ready product solutions like turn key on and you make money.

There is guys that can do this out there I am not capable to write C+ language that is why this is so far for free discovery for all of you. Please after you did some tweaking post your EA to make it work for all of us.

jofly@jofly.cc

Files:
asc.mq4  11 kb

LabTrend Expert

Some time ago I found LabTrend indicator in forex factory forum.

I did not know that it is from elite section from here.

I made a very simple EA that catch the signal and put the trades. I added some trailing stop, money manager and max trades.

From now, I did not include the another signals from this post, but my plan is try to make this system profitable.

For this, I will try the auto-optimize to catch the changes on the market and auto adjust the EA every day.

Another try that I'm making is use the signals with neural network to filter.

I'm attaching the EA, but not the indicator that need to run because it is from Elite Section.

If someone have any idea that can improve the system, please tell and I try to do.

labtrend_ea.mq4

Files:

error message to fix...

dedreko,

tried your EA but get this message.

2009.06.27 06:59:37 2008.02.06 16:34 LabTrend1_v2 GBPUSD,M30: ArrayCopySeries function internal error

would you know what to fix making it work?

dedreko:
Some time ago I found LabTrend indicator in forex factory forum.

I did not know that it is from elite section from here.

I made a very simple EA that catch the signal and put the trades. I added some trailing stop, money manager and max trades.

From now, I did not include the another signals from this post, but my plan is try to make this system profitable.

For this, I will try the auto-optimize to catch the changes on the market and auto adjust the EA every day.

Another try that I'm making is use the signals with neural network to filter.

I'm attaching the EA, but not the indicator that need to run because it is from Elite Section.

If someone have any idea that can improve the system, please tell and I try to do.

labtrend_ea.mq4
Reason: