ASCTrend system - page 122

Hello

Please could you post the BB MACD CCT on ALMA

John,

ASC AMA is giving errors.Please check the code.

Files:
ama.png  29 kb

ASCTrend on AMA

OK here there is another mod. With the JMA mod we had a better reactivity. That reactivity is used at best when we have persistent movement fractal caracteristics. FGDI, or FDI lower than 1.5 on both 15 and 30 time frame.

When we have antipersitent fractal characteristics the normal ASCTrend outperforms the digital filters because it is based on SMA. I have reminded that the fact we use a more advanced technology does not mean that we would have better results. In fact everything depend on market conditions and their fractal characteristics.

On the other hand I wanted to make the ASCtrend in the same time smoother than the original one and more reactive.

And all that in a simple way. You can see the shots the results are promissing. I replaced the SMA by AMA.

On the shots the risk is set to 5 five on both.

It looks like the AMA is smoother when the volatility is lower and faster when the volatility is higher.

You need the PriceSeris file in the include folder.

Files:
asctama.gif  20 kb
ascttrend.gif  20 kb
ama.mq4  5 kb

Mods on Ama

I am sorry there was a minor problem with the quotes. I have updated.Biddick you can retrieve the post now when you are sure that it is working.

Here I add two mods of the slope of AMA.

They are very reactive, so beware. You have to add a lot of periods of AMA see 80 to track the trend with that.

For the guys reading directly this post you need to install the AMA for the AMA mods and the ALMA.

Check some previous posts.

Well the BB MACD is a great indicator. The ALMA marries really well the BB MACD.

You see now we have a whole family of ASCTrend 2. It is impossible for a single man to see what is the best mod. Play with those toys.

John Last:
I am sorry there was a minor problem with the quotes. I have updated.Biddick you can retrieve the post now when you are sure that it is working.

For the guys reading directly this post you need to install the AMA for the AMA mods and the ALMA.

Check some previous posts.

Play with those toys.

Well, I'd like to.

As you mentioned we need the AMA for your modifications. I downloaded it from one of your previous posts, but it still gives error warnings when trying to compile.

Can you please post the fixed AMA? Thanks.

I am looking to find a working ASCTrend 2 indicator. The one from the first pages doesn't refresh itself and repaints. See here:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=4245052&postcount=76

and here

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=4245075&postcount=77

ASCtrend AMA

Here it is the compiled file. I am sorry but it is working, as I am not a coder I cannot do much. Sorry.

You have to use a trading simulator to see for real if it repaints or not. I think I use the correct version.

Files:

ASCTrend sig v2

Here it is another version of the ASCtrend sig. The code is the same. The only change is the mathematical formula.

I wanted a smooth and linear change in the risk level giving us the possibility to fine tune the indicator to the current market conditions.

As we know this indicator is based on the WPR. So there are different thresholds that will initiate the signal.

In the original we had:

value10=3+RISK*2;

x1=67+RISK;

x2=33-RISK;

Now we have:

value10=4+RISK;

x1=67+RISK;

x2=33-RISK;

In the original when we apply more risk the value 10 increases everytime multiplied by two because every time it is multiplied by 2.

I wanted when I add a risk to increase linearly and gradually without jumps, so I can fine tune it.

Well the modification is minor but the consequences are radical.

In the original signal when you apply Risk level of 9 you have nice signals but there is a big difference with Risk 10 and 8 and nothing in between.

Now we can explore more possibilities.

Files:

I tried to sort everything out because on this thread - almost every system/setup here came with trading results.

More to follow ...

Thanks to John Last to refresh this thread with new setup and indicators.

I tried to trade every system/setup I created.

The discriptions of all the systems - please go to the first post of this thread.

Trading results for all the systems (to download etc - go to the first post of this thread).

1. M1 timeframe system.

- trading was started;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement ($11,800 dollars profit for 6 days);

- updated statement ($12,800 dollars profit for 6 days);

- updated statement ($32,000 dollars profit for 1 week);

- updated statement (I doubled deposit in 8 trading days; Total in pips for all 4 pairs: 832 pips - 4 digit pips).

Please note - it was Asctrend M1 timeframe.

Trading results for all the systems (to download etc - go to the first post of this thread).

2. M15 timeframe system.

- trading was started;

- updated statement;

- updated statement (Starting deposit: 10,000. Finished with 26,494.17 deposit. Total in pips for all 4 pairs: 830 pips. Trading days: 7).

And some informational post about what is asctrend.

Reason: