ASCTrend system - page 127

ASCTrend was developed 6 or 7 years ago - this is a quite a long thread in terms of years as well as number of posts. So does this strategy still work in late 2012?

Also, for those of us who live in the west coast of the US (GMT-8), which version of this system can be traded at times other than the European Session? London opens at midnight my time :-(

Hi westofpluto,

I did not use asctrend for the long time but as I remember - your question is mostly related to the pairs to trade in your timezone.

USDJPY, AUDUSD, USDCAD for example ... some more.

John Last:
OK here there is another mod. With the JMA mod we had a better reactivity. That reactivity is used at best when we have persistent movement fractal caracteristics. FGDI, or FDI lower than 1.5 on both 15 and 30 time frame.

When we have antipersitent fractal characteristics the normal ASCTrend outperforms the digital filters because it is based on SMA. I have reminded that the fact we use a more advanced technology does not mean that we would have better results. In fact everything depend on market conditions and their fractal characteristics.

On the other hand I wanted to make the ASCtrend in the same time smoother than the original one and more reactive.

And all that in a simple way. You can see the shots the results are promissing. I replaced the SMA by AMA.

On the shots the risk is set to 5 five on both.

It looks like the AMA is smoother when the volatility is lower and faster when the volatility is higher.

You need the PriceSeris file in the include folder.

hello pls tell me how to install this indicator in mq4

installation

Please refer to the digital asctrend thread where are the different mods of this system.

Look at the first posts there are installation instructions.

Yes even the ordinary Asctrend system is performing well on EUR/USD on 30 m time frame and above (1h and 4 h) with the stop and reverse logic without any additional filters. This was verified by using the Asctrend EA. Even more the solutions were robust and the EA was working on almost all parameters.

As for the future I expect the EA to perform if there is a valid break-out on EUR/USD, if the pair starts a broad consolidation I do not expect it to work meanwhile.

Hello Traders,

There are many versions of the AscTrend MT4 version on this fantastic forum. Can some one point me in the direction to a version of the Asctrend code that comes closest to the commercial version? thank you

Great, thanks for the direction!!

moneyline:
Hi Newdigital and thanks for your input.

Though you use the Ichimoku indicator to see the general M/W trend, do you only trade in the direction of the trend indicated by Ichimoku?

I'm asking because I've noticed ASCTrend does quite well in a trending and a ranging market, and not so good in a flat market.

I realize we are getting near the end of the technical descriptionof this method, and I would like to ask you more questions about the way you personally trade this method, meaning: the art of the trade.

Is there anything elsethat has helped you achieve such resounding success with this method?

Do you have many monitors or only 1? If you have more than 1, what are the others set to?

Is there anybody assisting you with the fast and furious action of the 1 minute time frame...or are you doing this all by yourself?

Is there anything else you can think of that's helped a lot, but has not been expounded upon here at the forum?

Do you feel you have personality traits that have helped you a lot with this particular method?

I can vouch for your persistence, determination, and discipline. I know how much work is involved in moderating this forum, and you do it very well. Besides, I'm sure you are always forward testing many EA's and all at the same time !!!

I know I'm asking for lots of information and I would appreciate what you can share with us. My reasons for asking is that I feel there are personal qualities that play a big role in trading, and they have nothing to do with the charts and indicators.

Do forgive me if I've asked questions of a more personal nature, but I do think this is one of the most interesting things to learn about Forex trading.

moneyline

===============

I have to admit I do like the constructive discuss in this excellent forum. I do like the environrment. Good luck to you all who shares knowledge and ideas and thinking with strong intention to make things better and better.

taozemin.

Hey Newdigital.

Thanks for all your contributions to this thread.

I was using the AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.1 lately, but there's a couple things that don't fit with my strategy, and I was wondering if you could make a couple minor changes, it would be greatly appreciated!

What I wanted was for the EA to open a new opposite order without closing the previous one. So if there's a buy arrow, and then a sell arrow comes along, the EA would open a sell position without closing the buy position. The positions would just close due to TP or SL.

I tried to make the change myself, but since I don't really know any programming all I could manage was to stop the EA from closing the old order when a new one came in, but then the new order didn't go through! So perhaps there's something else in the EA that prohibits it from hedging...dunno...

Just these two (or one) small changes, if you could!

Many thanks!

asctrendbuysellexpert_v1.1.mq4

AlexAlexis:
Hey Newdigital.

Thanks for all your contributions to this thread.

I was using the AsctrendBuySellExpert_v1.1 lately, but there's a couple things that don't fit with my strategy, and I was wondering if you could make a couple minor changes, it would be greatly appreciated!

What I wanted was for the EA to open a new opposite order without closing the previous one. So if there's a buy arrow, and then a sell arrow comes along, the EA would open a sell position without closing the buy position. The positions would just close due to TP or SL.

I tried to make the change myself, but since I don't really know any programming all I could manage was to stop the EA from closing the old order when a new one came in, but then the new order didn't go through! So perhaps there's something else in the EA that prohibits it from hedging...dunno...

Just these two (or one) small changes, if you could!

Many thanks!

asctrendbuysellexpert_v1.1.mq4

AlexAlexis

Why would you want to change it that way?

Some problems : it would prevent it from being traded by US regulated brokers. It could not calculate the risk for the second order properly. It would almost sure make the loses bigger

That is a trending system. It is normal with trending systems that they lose up to 80% of orders they open but they recover and make profit with the rest of 20% of orders. Just adjust the risk properly (recommended risk by any serious trader is maximum 1%) and with enough funding (trending systems can not start with minimal funds) try what will happen (on a demo account of course before using on live account)

Hi mladen,

I'm with thinkforex and I'm an EU citizen so there's no problem for me there.

On a 1min chart on a volatile but trending pair and with a small TP and SL (e.g. 10 pips) ASCTrend seems to win more often than it loses, even counting the spread, if you just take every single trade. On a 1min chart it's hell trying to test this manually for a long period of time, so an EA that could do the job would be useful, but this EA can't open more than 1 order at a time. It's just an idea, and usually I can't rest until I've tested it!

If you're wondering about the logic of the idea:

Since ASCTrend is an always-in-the-market (or stop-and-reverse) indicator, supposing trades only close with a TP or SP of 10 pips, then a scenario of win-win-win is possible (price goes up 15 pips, down 15 pips, up 15 pips), as is a scenario of win-lose-win-lose (price goes up 15 pips, down 5 pips, up 15 pips, down 5 pips), but a scenario of 2 consecutive losses is rather rare, because triggering the SL of a losing position would almost certainly trigger the TP of a winning position, the way ASCTrend works. So it's basically just spread vs. percentage of wins over losses.

It might seem silly, but that's what it seemed like when I was testing it manually, but it's a big bother sitting in front of the screen for so long.

I don't know, maybe it's a silly idea, as often in forex!

Reason: