CatFx50 - page 623

reemul99
reemul99  

CATFx50 is killing me....

The problem is this:

I have a full time job and live in the US Pacific time zone...

What does this mean?

It means that if I want to trade the system, I have to get up every half hour during the night (and that makes for a very very bad nights sleep)... or just not sleep at all (that makes for a very long day with ALOT of coffee).... or miss out on alot of $$...

does anyone have an EA for this ?

das
das  
reemul99:

The problem is this:

I have a full time job and live in the US Pacific time zone...

What does this mean?

It means that if I want to trade the system, I have to get up every half hour during the night (and that makes for a very very bad nights sleep)... or just not sleep at all (that makes for a very long day with ALOT of coffee).... or miss out on alot of $$...

does anyone have an EA for this ?

Come to Europe my friend. Everything is more beautiful here and additionally you don't have to fear,

that there is something terrible behind a bush.

But seriously, your health is more important than catfx, don't forget that.

I don't know what you could do. I don't think so, that an ea is the right thing.

CatFX needs discretionary decisions. It is not mechanical. It needs also a trader.

Pacific Time Zone is far away from here, cet -9.

It's difficult and I understand your problem. But I don't know how to help you. Sorry.

But don't forget, your health is the most important thing! You can not go on like now.

Cheiser
Cheiser  
das:
Come to Europe my friend. Everything is more beautiful here and additionally you don't have to fear,

that there is something terrible behind a bush.

But seriously, your health is more important than catfx, don't forget that.

I don't know what you could do. I don't think so, that an ea is the right thing.

CatFX needs discretionary decisions. It is not mechanical. It needs also a trader.

Pacific Time Zone is far away from here, cet -9.

It's difficult and I understand your problem. But I don't know how to help you. Sorry.

But don't forget, your health is the most important thing! You can not go on like now.

I have the same problem, the same Time Zone. So what I do, I trade pairs which more active, if active at all, till 11:00 and then go to bed and wake up at 05:00 am, when US session overlap Europian session. Sometime it works pritty good, sometime when market is crazy it is better go to bed again and not to trade. Even if to trade full time it is still crazy to stay all night. yea our Time Zone is sucks.

nina
nina  

Hi, traders!!

11:00cet recap:

GBPUSD, level 4 buy (08:00cet) at 1,9033. It has made a high at 1,9064 so far. + 31 pips.

EURUSD, level 4 buy (08:00cet) at 1,2799. It has made a high at 1,2832 so far.

+ 33 pips.

USDCHF, level 4 sell (09:00cet) at 1,2404. It has made a low so far at 1,2339 so far.

+ 65 pips.

Total so far= + 129 pips.

Nina

nina
nina  

Hi, traders!!

14:15cet recap:

GBPUSD, level 4 buy (08:00cet) at 1,9033. It has made a high at 1,9064 so far. + 31 pips.

+ 33 pips.

USDCHF, level 4 sell (09:00cet) at 1,2404. It has made a low so far at 1,2330 so far.

+ 74 pips.

Total so far= + 138 pips.

Nina

nina
nina  

Hi, traders!!

16:30cet recap:

+ 33 pips.

USDCHF, level 4 sell (09:00cet) at 1,2404. It has made a low so far at 1,2320 so far.

+ 84 pips.

Total so far= + 148 pips.

A boring day.

Nina

to69
to69  
nina:

A boring day.

Nina

to69

reemul99
reemul99  
nina:

+ 33 pips.

Question on this trade:

My understanding (could be wrong) on a level 4 was that the high/low should be confirmed by at least 2 bars - on InterbankFX I show that the previous bars kept getting higher and higher with no set 'high' (just new highs being set).

Also, the entry point was just below the R1 @1.2800 -- I'm curious as to your thoughts on why you did enter the trade - when at other times the R1 position alone would have kept you out of a buy on this pair.

nina:

pretty much the same thing on this trade as on the EUR

In this case the GDP/USD R1 was @ 1.9038, but it looks like you entered the trade. I dont see that there was a set of bars that established a 'high' (more like an ever increasing high) and it didn't really show any strength until the 09:00 cet bar.

To clarify - not trying to be difficult - just trying to get an idea for what you saw at that time, and why you chose to enter the trades.

nina
nina  
reemul99:
Question on this trade:

My understanding (could be wrong) on a level 4 was that the high/low should be confirmed by at least 2 bars - on InterbankFX I show that the previous bars kept getting higher and higher with no set 'high' (just new highs being set).

Also, the entry point was just below the R1 @1.2800 -- I'm curious as to your thoughts on why you did enter the trade - when at other times the R1 position alone would have kept you out of a buy on this pair.

pretty much the same thing on this trade as on the EUR

In this case the GDP/USD R1 was @ 1.9038, but it looks like you entered the trade. I dont see that there was a set of bars that established a 'high' (more like an ever increasing high) and it didn't really show any strength until the 09:00 cet bar.

To clarify - not trying to be difficult - just trying to get an idea for what you saw at that time, and why you chose to enter the trades.

Hi, reemul99!!

On cable (Neuimex), the entry should have been at 1,9026 as 7:00 and 7:30 bar made the same high (1,9025). I made a mistake. But you could have bought at 1,9033 too. I know we have the R1 almost there but cable was and is too strong.

On USDCHF, we have not two consecutive bars with the same low, but we have the 08:00cet bar and the 02:00cet bar and the retrace the pair makes its insignificant, which tells me we could have a nice break out.

On EURUSD, we have those two bars with the same high (07:00 i 07:30cet) @ 1,2798. R1 is at 1,2798. Entry was at 1,2799 with stop at 1,2782 or at 1,2778. Perfect. We'll talk later on about stops, cause a lot of people have asked me what stop-loss I use.

Nina

Linuxser
Linuxser  
Files:
catito.gif 12 kb