Asynchronous and multi-threaded programming in MQL - page 15

Koldun Zloy:

You asked about multithreading. It's not.

But that's not what you need to worry about right now either.

I can show you all that. What's the point?

If you needed it, you'd find it yourself.

Obviously, you haven't read the documentation or the articles.

It is quite an expected answer of a man who has nothing to say on the subject, but has to answer.
I read about multithreading on 1-2 pages and tried to translate it into asynchronous communication.
If you mean the article about asynchronous web-breakfast, I haven't go deep into it, but it's not full-fledged asynchronous programming.
This is yet another invention of a clever man who made it through crutches, for want of a regular functionality.

Koldun Zloy:

You asked about multithreading. It's not.

No, it doesn't at all. It doesn't need multithreading, it just knows how to do asynchronously without it.

Igor Makanu:

The multi-threading is likehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/runtime/running , i.e. we want to parallelize the task, open several graphs (unfortunately I haven't tried to use the Services features yet - maybe it will be even easier with them? ) and attach our EAs working in separate threads to them, then solve the problem of synchronization and data exchange (tasks)

I asked TS five times - why does the trading terminal need it... he does not know, because there is no specific task or purpose

I see it in client-server applications that is not typical for the trading terminal, maybe it is convenient for someone to send statistics to the server? - Well, I have already written a ready example (article) https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/5337

The sources are readable and the article has excellent quality; the sources can be modified to perform parallel calculations in several threads.... now what should we calculate? )))

Igor, you have already given us a lot of examples and you still cannot understand why asynchrony is needed)).
And it is not only concerns client-server applications, and you are still trying to figure out what to count))
I already wrote you, you are trying to build a NS, don't you need asynchronous in this case?
But you build NS on simple activation functions, so you haven't faced the lack of concurrency.
But when you start to build global models of NS, you will understand the beauty of asynchrony.
And this is an example to your benefit, but you stubbornly try not to understand it.
Understand, asynchrony is not only necessary for network calls.
Other users will have other ideas and tasks, everyone has different purposes of asynchronous approach, it is not correct to state something unambiguously.

Roman:

That was an expected answer of a person who has nothing to say on the subject but has to answer.
About multithreading it was clear on 1-2 pages that it doesn't exist, so I tried to translate the discussion on asynchronous one, alas, it didn't work.
If you mean the article about asynchronous web-breakfast, well, I haven't go deep into this article yet, but it's not full-fledged asynchronous programming.
This is yet another invention of a clever man who made it through crutches, for want of a regular functionality.

And if I tell you that you are right and all this is really missing in MQL.

Then you will say that I understand you? But it will not do you any good.

I am telling you what can help you. But you will have to work hard.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

No, it's not like that at all. It doesn't need multithreading, it just knows how to do asynchronously without it.

Exactly on non-blocking calls, asynchronously in one thread!

Roman:

Igor, you have already given a lot of examples, but you still can't understand why asynchrony is needed))

Do you get a special thrill out of thinking people who aren't are idiots?

Roman:

Exactly on non-blocking calls, asynchronously in one thread!

... And for the third day now you have been persistently demonstrating that it is you.

curtain

The topic of multithreaded programming has turned into a topic of multithreaded flubbing. ))

Koldun Zloy:

And if I tell you that you are right and all this is really missing in MQL.

Then you will say that I understand you? But it will not do you any good.

I am telling you what can help you. But you will have to work hard.

Thanks for understanding )))
Yes that article is very good, for a single solution, to think about it, maybe that still can be squeezed out of this approach.
In my case, I have decided on the direction of my task, thanks to Andrew for the guidance.
But the question grew into a global))
Do I need the standard asynchronous methods in mql language?
Not threads, namely the calls which are not blocked via colback function, controlled by EventLoop.
What achieves asynchrony in a single thread.

Reason: