CatFx50 - page 498

Ok geoffro

But when i set it to 2000 i still get a change in color so this should be visible for you too. Maybe it's the data feed, i got Northfinance, not Neuimex.

geoffro and eric and others, are your settings and pivot values same as mine.

Damn.. i was not here for the signal in Cable and now look at this..

Original post by Aq

Here are my settings and pivot values, can anyone check if correct, because people seem to be having different values.

Hus_StepMa_Stoch:

Number of Bars to calculate=2000

yes:

aNina:

cbars=9000

Yes:

Pivots ( I'm using FiboPiv_v2, as posted by nina): I use FiboPiv_v3

on EUR/USD=1.2922 mine: 1.2926

on GBP/USD=1.8763 mine: 1.8773

on USD/CHF=1.2062 mine: 1.2060

Last signals (ie. last arrow):

on EUR/USD at 2006/06/05 at 19.00 GMT Yes, short

on GBP/USD at 2006/06/06 at 08.00 GMT mine: 8:30 short

on USD/CHF at 2006/04/17 (that far back!) at 0100 : mine: 10:00 long

Can someone please confirm (yes, please confirm. sonny)

Thank you

Attiqul

I hope some one can confirm, I use sbfx platform demo. thanks

Moneyline, your spot on, common sense and price action are the most important ingredients in grabbing pips, especially when there is no clear trend to be followed.

The only level1 i have on EURUSD was long at 8:30 cet. The short signal at 10:30 cet was a level2 on my chart.

Then i had a level1 long signal in GBPUSD at 9:00 cet and a level1 short at 10:30 cet.

On USDCHF there i see 2 level1 signals too.

eric79:
That was a bad signal in GBPUSD at 9 cet this morning. But i was not here to take it so maybe i was lucky. The pivot was very close, maybe this should have kept me out of it but i don't know if i would have looked so closely.

Would you take a trade where the pivot is so close? I think harold said not to take them. It's very easy to say in hindsight of course. (I'm talking about my hindsight here, not harold ;-) )One more thing that one could have seen there, is that the 30 min candle right before the signal touched the pivot but close lower, so this candle bounced off already.

But then the next one was a good signal at 10:30. I hope people are still in there.

Hi Eric 79

Step Stochs ( I'm using Harolds set up ) did not agree on a signal at 09:00 CET time (Neuimex feed). Your analysis is spot on though - Pivot is obviously too close and you got that bounce prior bar so no trade.

That 10:30 Cable short had that 200 ema right in front so would normally wait too clear and then potential trade exit at the next pivot around the 1.8709.

Regards and good trading

GBP and EUR

geoffro:
well that is a bit concerning for me

can anyone else confirm what eric has posted as the same as what they have please.

eric what are the settings on your hist stoch (the green and red bars) please

cheers

geoff

Hi Geoff,

It looks like there was a 10:30CET signal on GBP and a 11:00CET signal on EUR, both level 1s. I took GBP short for 15 pips.

Dave

g'day dave

well it worked out ok for me i made pips

i think the difference is in the feed

i am demoing with strategy builder fx through moneytec

and it was a definite level 2 signal with that feed at the open of the 11.00cet candle the candle b4 didn't have the strength with the .04 filter

Hi!

The only catfx50 validated signals we've had today so far are:

EURUSD, sell level 2 (11:00cet) at 1.2898. Made a low so far at 1.2855.

USDCHF, long level 1 (12:00cet) at 1.2077, Made a high so 1.2119.

GBPUSD, sell level 1 (10:30cet) at 1.8743. Made a low so far at 1.8674.

Enough pips to be happy and to do something else.

Nina

Reason: