CatFx50 - page 420

todays RECAP

EURUSD

10:30 cet: Level 1 long @1.2791, to be closed by stop >13:30 cet => -34 pips**

14:30 cet: Level 2 long @1.2787, made a high @1.2837 (same candle) => +50 pips**

USDCHF

09:30 cet: Level 1 short @1.2108, to be closed by stop => -34 pips**

15:30 cet: Level 1 short @1.2115, made a low @1.2077 (same candle) => +38 pips**

GBPUSD

10:30 cet: Level 1 long @1.8878, made a high @1.8904 (same candle) => +26 pips**

14:30 cet: Level 2 long @1.8867, made a high @1.8937 (>15:30 cet) => +70 pips**

// This last one was surely hard to trade because it was during news time and the drawdown on the same candle reached -32 pips when you could have been an ideal entry without slipage. When you were too late or didn't get the right quote you will be stopped out afterwards. But then you had the chance to reenter on the next level 2 @1.8883 (15:30 cet) assumed that you had the zest yet to trade this sloppy market today.

mibl

Yea reemul99....

NO knocks to the system at all. In fact, I be will using it again this evening. Nothing is perfect and working with a tight stop till this gets under control may be best. I would hate for some newbie to stumble on this tread and get bad impression based on his or her first week in such an unstable market.

I am not one who is concerned with the more experienced members posting there trades. However, if they have an idea about the overall feel and market conditions ...volitile, choppy, unstable whatever. I feel that it would a great asset if they could at least post that.

Good Forex News Site?

Does anyone know of a good Forex News site ?

For example, right now, Greenspan is giving a speech (21:30 gmt) and I cant find a single site that is covering the speech.

for that matter, Bernake was speaking today (along with a few other chairmen of the Federal Board) and I couldn't find anything on their speeches either...

Yep, www.//biz.yahoo.com/c/e.html this is an excellent news site. It grades the news according to how the news release would move the market (eg NFP would be rated 'A' in terms of moving the market) It also provides forcasts via brief.com

reemul99:

For example, right now, Greenspan is giving a speech (21:30 gmt) and I cant find a single site that is covering the speech.

for that matter, Bernake was speaking today (along with a few other chairmen of the Federal Board) and I couldn't find anything on their speeches either...

forexfactory.com is another good one.

frayed

Cisco:
Yea reemul99....

NO knocks to the system at all. In fact, I be will using it again this evening. Nothing is perfect and working with a tight stop till this gets under control may be best. I would hate for some newbie to stumble on this tread and get bad impression based on his or her first week in such an unstable market.

I am not one who is concerned with the more experienced members posting there trades. However, if they have an idea about the overall feel and market conditions ...volitile, choppy, unstable whatever. I feel that it would a great asset if they could at least post that.

Hi Cisco

I get your point, however the purpose of asking the more experienced traders should be to help people trade the various catfx50 signals only as they appear in present time according to the entry rules- to clarify what a level 1 is or level 2 is etc. If someone posts"enter Swiss long level 1" and it was clearly not a level 1 trade then nothing wrong with pointing that out as part of learning process.

However we are asking a lot if the person posting is then got to predict the market direction or "feel" as well - you are basically asking for the stairway to heaven.....it would stop people from posting - my view is that many forums fail when this starts to occur - I know that Nina post levels but they are not specific to any one trade .

reemul99:

Even more, what I would like to know is the reaction to the news. Many events are covered, but we don't find out 'till way after the release if the numbers are good or bad.

moneyline

Cisco:
Yea reemul99....

yeah

catfx50 didnt work good today

but in most of days it works

moneyline:
Even more, what I would like to know is the reaction to the news. Many events are covered, but we don't find out 'till way after the release if the numbers are good or bad. moneyline

Well, as far as reaction goes, the market is the first, best, fastest, indicator around

Well, yes, but there's a lot of guessing. Notice the yo-yo action on news days? If there was a way to know the published reports it would help all to take the right side of the market.

Big institutional traders pay for expensive news services that will deliver the published reports in the blink of an eye. As far as I know those services are off limits to the average small trader.

Why do you think the big traders pay for those services? Because it helps them make over and above the cost of such.

moneyline

Reason: