CatFx50 - page 423

listen folks this is not rocket science i put charts up almost daily showing you what it looks like and yet you are still asking for calls i am trying to help you understand how to trade but you are not listening it seems you want someone to manage your acct i would be glad to if you dont want to learn how to trade then get someone to trade for you

Harold,

Can you please point me to your post where you attached your indicators? I've been looking for it and can't find it for some reason.

How well do you feel your indicators are filtering out bad trades?

Thanks.

OK folks,

It appears we have a trendline break on EUR/USD and also USD/CHF and they both appear to be headed toward the 50 EMA line.

Of course, this had to happen on the later half of the NY market; not a good time!

moneyline

KJB:
Hi - I've tried and failed to find the answers to my questions by searching the threads, so will somebody please confirm that my understanding of some of the basics for entering a trade are correct.

When entering a level 1 buy/sell at the second bar above/below the 50 MA the price to enter at is the open of the second bar regardless of the high/low of the previous bar?

Also, am I right in thinking there are no further trading opportunities until the price returns to the 50MA?

Many thanks.

KJB

Hi KJB,

When a candle crosses the EMA 50 line, AND the Hist_StepMA_Stoch is pointing in the right direction (green for long, red for short), you then enter as soon as the next candle opens in the same direction as the cross. Above the 50 EMA line (if long), and under the 50 EMA line (if short).

Yes, to use the CatFX50 method you must wait for the price to get near the EMA50 line. There are, of course, other methods and systems in the arsenal of Forex traders and they don't strictly depend on the cross of the EMA 50 line. Look around this forum, you'll find plenty of methods and systems to keep you busy, but be careful! Many don't have the extended testing of CatFx50 !!!

However, you can count on the EMA 50 being crossed at least once per day. Furthermore, CatFX50 has shown its reliability time after time. It makes waiting for the right conditions more bearable. BTW, though waiting is boring as heck, that's not really what we're doing. We are hunters waiting for our prey (pips), and a big part of hunting is watching and waiting for the right conditions...then we pounce on our prey!

moneyline

CHF Trade

harold4x:
morning all i just got up i dont know what all the confusion was 3 piture perfect level 1 dont over analyze when you see 50 100 200 ema on top of one another thats called 3 in a bed and is always followed by a nice move tale euro 830 chart candle not only did it close below 50 ema but 100 and 200 secondly it closed below todays daily pivot in my reseach of pivot points better than 80% of time when price open above or below pivot it always crosses so entry should have been 2813 target 1 2787 target 2 2758 as for swiss and gbp same thing 3 perfect level 1

Hi Harold,

Wasn't the CHF trade techincally a level 2 buy trade? 7:00cet candle closes at 1.2089, 50 EMA at 1.2088. Candle at 8:00 cet opens and closes, 1.2085/1.2084, below 50EMA. Next candle 8:30 cet goes up through 50EMA and closes at 1.2109. Buy on open of the 9:00 cet candle at 1.2110 (see post 4236 for chart). I have the Neuimex data feed so our charts should be the same.

Also wanted to ask about pivot points. If I understand you correctly, you state that when price opens above or below P1 pivot line the price crosses through the pivot line 80% of the days. Does the price have to open/close within so many pips of the pivot for price to crosses the pivot 80% of the time or does that mean price will cross the P1 pivot point on 80% of the days no matter where the opening price is for the day?

Thanks,

Dave

Well mates though today has been a bit of a drag I'm happy with a nice 43. I used catfx and fibo's to capture those so strickly speaking it wasn't pure catfx, but what the heck, they all count

Happy pip hunting all.

Looking for StepMA Stoch

Hi

I'm looking for StepMA Stoch, without the _ , so i don't mean StepMA_Stoch.

I've searched through the first 130 pages of the thread but could not find it. Could anybody be so kind and post it or say where i can find it?

And what's the difference between the 2? Is one better than the other?

Thanks

Yea I would really love for them to make live calls also. This will be without a doubt the best case. It may be a crutch at first, but we will all eventually learn to walk on our own.

I think it important for the experienced traders to know that... No one is expecting perfection. The system is the system, and we have all seen it work. In this market we also know that nothing is 100%. It is what it is. Its not personal opinion...its just reporting what the system says. A live call or confirmation of a real time signal would be perfect. We can make our own individual decisions from there.

Thanks for understanding npj6400,

In the end we are just asking for the same thing

Cisco:
Well npj6400,

You obviously misunderstood my post. I am by no means asking someone to predict market direction...those are your words. If someone was doing that on this forum, we would all be rich.

It would be great if some of the experienced traders could "help people trade the various catfx50 signals only as they appear in present time according to the entry rules..."

The fact is I haven't seen any of the experienced traders take time to do that. All I read is how difficult it would be for them to post trades, and those are their words. So asking them to confirm whether or not the market conditions are favorable to catfx50 system as a whole, should be much easier.

Ok - I understand what you are saying.

I have been online when traders such as Mibl & haroldfx post setups and entries in real time.

Personally - I would prefer live calls of specific catfx50 setups and then actual entry to assist newbies in decision making process. It keeps the focus on specifics, the problem I see with market condition calls is that they are often variable and open ended , if I contacted 10 different sites or gurus I might get 10 different opinions.

Anyway - I get your point of view...

"People on this forum know the levels of this system. If they dont, they need to take more time to read the entire thread as I have. There are ample pictures, charts, and summaries of each level of trade."

Cisco...post #4241

harold4x:
listen folks this is not rocket science i put charts up almost daily showing you what it looks like and yet you are still asking for calls i am trying to help you understand how to trade but you are not listening it seems you want someone to manage your acct i would be glad to if you dont want to learn how to trade then get someone to trade for you

eric79:
Hi

I'm looking for StepMA Stoch, without the _ , so i don't mean StepMA_Stoch.

I've searched through the first 130 pages of the thread but could not find it. Could anybody be so kind and post it or say where i can find it?

And what's the difference between the 2? Is one better than the other?

Thanks

Hi,

Look in post # 2870

I think it's included in Harolds indicators.

BTW, they work in conjuction, search Harold4x's posts.

moneyline

Reason: