With all the news right now, I would think that the EUR and GBP would be going higher and higher - but they're not.
They're in sell mode.
In fact, I'm seeing a possible sell signal coming up on both pairs...
not sure what to make of that -
Might it be because alot of poeple are buying GBP and EUR in anticipation of a bullish run, but shouldn't this be driving the price up?
i did not take cable trade nor will i take eur short in a bull run just yet
The 14:30 GMT EUR/USD candle
Does anyone have an idea why the breakout occured on the 14:30 GMT candle?
The indicators are in Sell - but there was a sudden jump of 26 pips in Buy.
No new news that I know of.. should it be considered a false breakout (or will only time be able to tell that )
Did not trade on friday at all, too weird and big candles so waited until today, went short cable at 1.7835, scaled at 1.7825 and the other half of the trade closed stopped out at -34 pips, so well another ugly day, i guess mondays and fridays are not the best, how are you guys doing today, anyone has a good exit method to share?
I'm no expert in Forex or trading, but that short made a low at 1.7809, how do you let +26 pips profit turn into a -34 pips loss? I think you should at least move the sl to breakeven.
Yes i see your point but my exit of the second half of the trade is when in the histogram appears a green bar, so usually is at the cross of the 50 ema, this usually lets me get the very big moves, but in cases like today stops me out ugly, that is why i would like to get a better exit method.
On one of my candlestick shadows a red line has appeared, when I place my mouse arrow on it, it says Trend Line. Can anyone describe to me what the purpose of this red shadow line is. Does it for example, mean that this candle stick is trending down.
could not follow today online because I was buzy at work. Nevertheless we had very clear signals today (seen now afterwards on the chart):
08:30 cet: Level 3 long @[1.2358-83]**, made a high @1.2408 (>09:30 cet) => + [25-50] pips max. favourable excursion (ex spread)
16:00 cet: Level 1 short @1.2349, made a low @1.2333 (>16:00 cet) => +16 pips max. favourable excursion (ex spread)
(18:30 cet: Another entry would have been 18 to 18:30 cet - but this was after standard trading time )
08:30 cet: Level 3 short @1.2722, made a low @1.2679 (>09:30 cet) => +43 pips max. favourable excursion (ex spread)
17:00 cet: Level 1 short @1.2712, made a low @1.2663 (>21:00 cet) => +49 pips max. favourable excursion (ex spread)
(16:00 cet: @1.2728 I had on my charts no long signal because of aNina did not confirm - that is the chart situation from this evening, I do not know if that was during real time too.)
>08:30 cet: Level 4 Long @[1.7875-80], because of overstepping of a former resistance, made a high @1.7929 (>10:30 cet) => +[49-54] pips max. favourable excursion (ex spread)
15:30 cet: Level 1 short @1.7837, made a low @1.7795 => +42 pips max. favourable excursion (ex spread)
(18:30 cet: Another entry long would have been @1.7864 - but this was after standard trading time)
** As I followed the last days - there is often the situation that while the price candle is developing the filter on HistoStepMAStoch is overbeared. Waiting until the candle closes costs a lot of valuable pips.
While filter levels are optional I think we could decide to go in a such trade during the candle (Nina: As I understood our last discussion about the filter levels - please correct if I am not right)
I do not really know what you mean - must be something which is not deliberatly there. Do you have a screenshot?