CatFx50 - page 160

passass:
nesalc

I agree nina that sometimes there is and sometimes there's not a correltion. But my experience and opinion is that, often there is correlation and rarely gbp and eur goes to different directions. You can se how correlation works in history take both charts in horizontal screen in the same TF. I always to take a note about that before opening position.

What you think about eur/usd and usd/chf is there correlation ? Is this correlation between those pairs weeker ?

Take care !

passass

Correlation between EURUSD and USDCHF is almost perfect. Correlation between GBPUSD and USDCHF is not. Correlation between EURUSD and GBPUSD is not as perfect as EURUSD and USDCHF.

But it is right that when EURUSD and GBPUSD don't go the same way, as I said before, we feel less confident and market is more dangerous.

Nina

Hi!

Good site to see correlations between pairs:

http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-correlation.htm

Nina

Hi!

Stop now on cable at 1.7495. Made a low at 1.7472.

Initial target is 1.7469.

Nina

eur, cable, chf, which is the weakest usually? ths

Hi The Cat,

Still a good morning, thank you Nina

RE Stochastic_Step_MA and Invereind

Hi

Can someone tell me how to get these running on my charts. I saved them as .mq4 files and now can't seem to get a reaction on my charts for entry confirm using Catalonia-Forex-EMA50-System

It looks like there might be an entry on GBP/USD coming up, just beginner though, so I'll wait until it crosses and try to use what weak indicatores I've got to confirm for now - MACD and Slow Stochastic, Rel Strength Index as confirmators

passass:
Hi !!!

My morning:

EUR/USD

10:02, buy at 1.1937 close 1.1935 -2

GBP/USD

10:02, buy at 1.7518 close 1.7484 -34

USD/CHF

09:36, sell at 1.3119 close 1.3115 +3

I quit all positions because of unlogical eur/usd and gbp/usd, because eur is on buy and gbp on sell.

On gbp so big loss because of my bad discipline, i hurry my self up and opened position before signal. And at the end signal does not show.

p.s. northfinance.com

Have a nice day !!!

Hi passass, hi Nina,

look at this trades and you'll see that it is another thing to trade CatFX in realtime than to look an hour later at the chart and say afterwards - yes this was a good chance and it could have been xyz pips.

Unfortunately it is not so easy it looks like - because of the main thing: Traders often do not have discipline - that's because you must decide in realtime - now! - just at this seconds!.... And so sometimes you decide the wrong way.

I took this risky damned cable long too (risky because StepMA_Stoch was long, Histo not yet, IND Inverse shortly before long - but EURUSD was long too) and .....

No discipline because of

a) this risky entry you and

b) you could see that the setup quickly changed to short afterwards.

But the real short signal was IMO at the closing of the 9:30 cet candle at 1,7483 (your time above is cet+1) and I think this itself was a level 2 signal too.

... and I took this EURUSD long. This was a additional confirmation for me to enter the Cable long.

Nina: What is discipline in this case? Nevertheless I agree with you - discipline is a very necessary point fo a profitable trading strategy. But it is a tightrope walk between discipline and discretionary decissions.

And see it that way: If you want to find reasons that you need not to trade, you will find them: The 80/20 points mentioned by marbo, outstanding pivots, supports, trendlines, fibos, ...., other indicators .....

So losses will occur when you trade - even with catFX - you need additional money management issues when you want to survive them.

--> Be careful traders (beginners and professionals) - trading CatFX in reality is not so easy as it looks like! You need a kind of stomach feeling (translated german figure of speech

Regards mibl

(enough allocution, ready for the next trading signal...)

Files:
hc_090.jpg  31 kb

Upcomming short in EURUSD,

corresponding long in USDCHF

cable seems still short

on open of next bar - I'll wait until 14:30 cet (additionally think at the US unemployment claims)

EDIT 14:40 cet: luck - claims are worse than expected.

Nice effect on the StepMA_Stoch. At 14:20 in EURUSD it was on the line (same values for both lines)

Now there is no cross / on the line any more!

mibl

Are we in with the EUR USD and USD CHF right now or is it too risky because of the news coming out soon?

I take it to be the latter and that it would be wiser to wait until after 1600 today before instigating a trade.

Now I see a viable long position on the EurUSD so I would buy here. Is that correct good use of the system?

thanks - H

So had luck waiting until the US-news in addition with the EZB-News * I was not disciplined and hesitated --> and saved money.

Hope now that the level 2 signal (EURUSD long at 1,1941/43) will work

Reason: