Raw Ideas - page 16

"Entry rule:

For an example, we want to trade long if current price is previous bar close+20 pip, or short if current price is previous close-20 pip."

this 20 pip we want flexible as an option wiht us we may change as per time frame of bar.

adding visuals to bars on charts

HEY ALL,

Is there an indicator that's would be easy for me to modify to add signals above or below bars on the chart based on RSI data?

I know a little about programming and I think I could modify an indicator that's close.

THANKS

Drawing Trendline Indicator

Hello,

I am looking for an indicator or a script to draw the trendlinee, from highest high, and lowest low. The example is attached.

Thanks

Files:
trend_line.gif  15 kb

ATR trailing stop EA?

Let me start by saying I use both VTTRADER and Metatrader. The image of what I am interested in is from VTTRADER, but, I would like a EA in Metatrader.. I have only been trading for about a year so bear with me please.

I am looking for a "Trailing stop - Average True Range - multiplier". If I already have a opening position- I would like to set automatic trailing stop with a adjustable ATR multiplier (1-4) the default multiplier is usually 3. If you are in a highly volatile market or you want to let profits run you use 4 multi. If you are in a trading range, set to 2 multi, to tighten stop etc.. I am hoping that a programmer is aware of the ATR stop system. I have seen this indicator in VTTRADER and not Metatrader. Naturally, I think a EA would be easier in Metatrader because of its programming capabilities.

I would also be interested in any similar volatility based trailing stop in metatrder. I am not interested in a straight pip-based stop. I have searched various boards and have found nothing. Any input are comments would be appreciated. Thank you! M Rippy

Files:

Daily Open Range w Fibs

Could someone help to convert Daily Open Range w Fibs from VisualTrading format into StrategyBuilderFX MT4.

More info here http://www.visualtradingcharts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9378#9378

{Find the Highest High & The Lowest Low

of The Previous CME GLOBEX Open to Open.

Plot those Values and Divide the Range into

Horizontal Fibonacci %}

{If I can gather the Date/Time of the Highest High & Lowest Low,

I can then write code to plot Prev CME GLOBEX Open to Open FibFan }

{Make sure there at at least 2[two] Days Data on Chart}

AvoidZeroValues:=Cum(Cross(Hour=OpenTime,0.5))/3;

PipFactor:=If(Close>500,0.25,If(Close10,0.01,0.0001));

{Track the Highest High & Lowest CME GLOBEX Open to Open}

InitiateHigh:= HHV(High,BarsSince(Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5)));

InitiateLow := LLV( Low,BarsSince(Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5)));

{After ~ CME GLOBEX Close [3:00 PM Server Time ], Plot the Prev Day's High & Low}

DayHigh:= IF(AvoidZeroValues>=1,ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Ref(InitiateHigh,-1)),Null);

DayLow := IF(AvoidZeroValues>=1,ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Ref(InitiateLow, -1)),Null);

DayRng:= DayHigh-DayLow;

HDR:= Highest(DayRng);

LDR:= Lowest(DayRng);

MDR:= Lowest(DayRng)+((Highest(DayRng)-Lowest(DayRng))/2);

HEnt :=ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Open + Pipfactor*ORange);

LEnt :=ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Open - Pipfactor*ORange);

VHEnt1:=ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Open + Pipfactor*VOR1);

VLEnt1:=ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Open - Pipfactor*VOR1);

VHEnt2:=ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Open + Pipfactor*VOR2);

VLEnt2:=ValueWhen(1, Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5), Open - Pipfactor*VOR2);

VHEnt:=If(VORPick=0,VHEnt1,VHEnt2);

VLEnt:=If(VORPick=0,VLEnt1,VLEnt2);

HTgt:=LLV( Low,BarsSince(Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5)))+(MDR*(M DR_pct/100));

HTgtHit:=If(Cross(High,HTgt),High,Null);

LTgt:=HHV(High,BarsSince(Cross(Hour()=OpenTime,0.5 )))-(MDR*(MDR_pct/100));

LTgtHit:=If(Cross(LTgt,Low),Low,Null);

TgtR:=HTgt-LTgt;

{Calculate and disect Target Range Inside Fibs %}

F1:=TgtR*0.145898; F2:=TgtR*0.236068; F3:=TgtR*0.381966; F4:=TgtR*0.500000;

F5:=TgtR*0.618034; F6:=TgtR*0.763932; F7:=TgtR*0.854100;

{Plot Target Range Inside Fibs %}

In14:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F1,Null); In23:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F2,Null); In38:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F3,Null);

In50:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F4,Null); In62:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F5,Null); In76:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F6,Null);

In85:=If(Fibs=0,LTgt+F7,Null);

Files:

Exact deals

Hi everybody! I have one question! meybe somebody knows! Is it possible to create in MT4 some kind of button , which means to make exact deal! for example - i press a buuton and there is a deal sell gbpusd 1 lot, sl 50p but tp 15p!

Alert Code

Is there a way to code an alert sound if a trade is entered and has reached a certain amount of pips?? I cant seem to be able to code to take a portion of lots out at a pip value, so Im trying to find a way to atleast sound an alert... I sleep next to my computer pretty much so it would help with profit taking

ADX CROSS with HULL TREND

Hi, can any of the great programmers here have a go at an indicator or EA for this 30m EUR/USD simple set up. I have attached chart and std indicators.

Regards

ADX Cross set to 50

Hull trend set to 20

CET time set to 08:00 - 18:00

Go long when ADX cross signals long and Hull trends signals long, revese for short.

Entry on the next open after the signal generation.

Additional filter - only enter trade during CET time

Trade 2 contracts

Exit one - at profit of 15 pips sl =20

Exit two - at profit of 30 pips sl =30

12 EMA & Bollinger EA

I've started coding an EA Using a 12 EMA as the core for Entry and Exit signals, but I need help in integrating the Bollinger Bands component and the Triggerlines indicator.

Would someone be willing to help me add the Bollinger Bands to the EA and Triggerlines for confirmation?

Main components are;

12 EMA

20 Period Bollinger Bands

Triggerlines Indicator

2 simbols in a chart?

Hi all!...

It is possible in Metatrader to have two pairs in the same chart?

For enough time I use this:

http://www.netdania.com/ChartApplet.asp

When opening this chart, can be created a new instrument in overlay mode.

For related pairs, like EUR/USD versus USD/CHF, he is very useful to see quickly how they are evolving.

This is a example image:

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/4315/forex7qw.jpg

Tx

Reason: