CatFx50 - page 324

Files:
scaling.jpg  23 kb

Opened a (? - I think) Level 4 in EUR/USD 06:00 GMT candle

The Open was risky (@1.2366) - but thats how long it took the Histogram, aNina, and the other 2 stochs I have to get into buy mode.

CHF was in sell

EMA 50 was @1.2342 (like I said, risky open - Level 3 or 4 I think)

closed the position @ 1.2384 for a nice pickup of +18 pips.

going to bed for a couple of hours

With all the news right now, I would think that the EUR and GBP would be going higher and higher - but they're not.

They're in sell mode.

In fact, I'm seeing a possible sell signal coming up on both pairs...

not sure what to make of that -

Might it be because alot of poeple are buying GBP and EUR in anticipation of a bullish run, but shouldn't this be driving the price up?

i did not take cable trade nor will i take eur short in a bull run just yet

The 14:30 GMT EUR/USD candle

Does anyone have an idea why the breakout occured on the 14:30 GMT candle?

The indicators are in Sell - but there was a sudden jump of 26 pips in Buy.

No new news that I know of.. should it be considered a false breakout (or will only time be able to tell that )

Hi,

Did not trade on friday at all, too weird and big candles so waited until today, went short cable at 1.7835, scaled at 1.7825 and the other half of the trade closed stopped out at -34 pips, so well another ugly day, i guess mondays and fridays are not the best, how are you guys doing today, anyone has a good exit method to share?

today

Hi,

Did not trade on friday at all, too weird and big candles so waited until today, went short cable at 1.7835, scaled at 1.7825 and the other half of the trade closed stopped out at -34 pips, so well another ugly day, i guess mondays and fridays are not the best, how are you guys doing today, anyone has a good exit method to share?

cami:
Hi, Did not trade on friday at all, too weird and big candles so waited until today, went short cable at 1.7835, scaled at 1.7825 and the other half of the trade closed stopped out at -34 pips, so well another ugly day, i guess mondays and fridays are not the best, how are you guys doing today, anyone has a good exit method to share?

Hi Cami

I'm no expert in Forex or trading, but that short made a low at 1.7809, how do you let +26 pips profit turn into a -34 pips loss? I think you should at least move the sl to breakeven.

Angel

Yes i see your point but my exit of the second half of the trade is when in the histogram appears a green bar, so usually is at the cross of the 50 ema, this usually lets me get the very big moves, but in cases like today stops me out ugly, that is why i would like to get a better exit method.

Hi mates,

On one of my candlestick shadows a red line has appeared, when I place my mouse arrow on it, it says Trend Line. Can anyone describe to me what the purpose of this red shadow line is. Does it for example, mean that this candle stick is trending down.

Reason: