CatFx50 - page 267

mibl
mibl  
richy:
Hi Nina,

at 09:30cet which means at the end of the candle 900-930cet, i saw the Hist_StepMA level was still below 0.04.

Can you explain why you made that level2 long entry for EURUSD?

Thanks

richy

Hi Richy,

that depends on your data feed. At North Fincance I had HistoStepMA ON 0.04, sometimes other feeds deliver "a little" other values.

mibl

AeonFX
AeonFX  

Hi Nina,

I have started following your CATSFX strategy since late last week and so far gaining consistent pips :-)

One major question is how did you determine level 2 long EUR and level 2 short CHF based on today's trades since it doesn't fit according to your rules posted on 1st page?

Can you or maybe others try to explain this level 2 signal rule in details ?

CATSFX ROCKS

eric79
eric79  

I think Level2 is when only one condition is given, not both the crossing of the EMA and the crossing in the indicator.

This signal was really good but i'm just watching unfortunately.

harold4x
harold4x  

Level 2 Is When You Are In A Sell Or Buy Mode Like This Morning Euro Step Stoc Were In A Buy Mode But Price Crossed 50 Ema To Downside When The Next Bar Closed Back Above The 50 Ema We Reenter Long

VR_SYS
VR_SYS  
eric79:
I think Level2 is when only one condition is given, not both the crossing of the EMA and the crossing in the indicator. This signal was really good but i'm just watching unfortunately.

Thats also how I see it mate.

Price was above ema 50 , stochs were in long mode. Price then attempted to penetrate the ema50 (there was 1 open below ema 50)and failed to follow through, stochs still stayed in long mode. This is a failed signal ( ie price could not breach the ema 50 ) . This is a classic TA indicator in itself and many strategies are based around these bounces off the ema -ie for re-entry

It is a level 2 signal for catfx50 as per the instructions.

Level 2 signals (riskier):

For instance, when price is above EMA 50 with StepMA_Stoch in green. Price then opens one bar at least below EMA 50 and StepMA_Stoch keeps in green mode. When price opens again above EMA 50 with StepMA_Stoch validating (green), we can buy. The opposite for a sell.

VR_SYS
VR_SYS  
harold4x:
Level 2 Is When You Are In A Sell Or Buy Mode Like This Morning Euro Step Stoc Were In A Buy Mode But Price Crossed 50 Ema To Downside When The Next Bar Closed Back Above The 50 Ema We Reenter Long

Hi Harold

Did you get on to this signal, I was not at the screen so missed the move....

Regards

eric79
eric79  

But wait.. at least on my chart it looks like two normal signals this morning. Did i get something wrong?

First we have a crossing down over the EMA and also the indicator crosses down.

And on the next bar we get a long signal.

Thanks

Files:
cat.gif 16 kb
VR_SYS
VR_SYS  
eric79:
But wait.. at least on my chart it looks like two normal signals this morning. Did i get something wrong?

First we have a crossing down over the EMA and also the indicator crosses down.

And on the next bar we get a long signal.

Thanks

Hi mate,

I am still learning this particular entry system but this looks like a level 2 to me.

Could be the data feed or the settings on your stoch, I have set mine to the

following as per previous posts- I think these are the conservative settings

- anina set bars to 9000, I overlay (for convenience )the hist_stepma stoch and set bars to 2000...

Regards

Files:
eric79
eric79  

Yes thanks, on your chart it's clearly a level 2. I use StepMAStoch. Maybe something's wrong with my settings, i don't know.

nina
nina  
nina:
Hi!

Today's recap so far:

EURUSD, level 2 buy (09:30cet) at 1.2141. Made a high so far at 1.2171. +30 pips.

USDCHF, level 2 sell (09:30cet) at 1.3030. Made a low so far at 1.3000. +30 pips.

Nina

Hi!

Today's recap update:

EURUSD, level 2 buy (09:30cet) at 1.2141. Made a high so far at 1.2175. +104 pips.

USDCHF, level 2 sell (09:30cet) at 1.3030. Made a low so far at 1.2874. +156pips.

Total at 16:16cet:

+260 pips

I do not say anything about cable. We had not signal, but, of course, it was easy to enter. But that is not CatFX50.

Nina