CatFx50 - page 11

poekmeister:
FX_trader, can you share with us the exact rules you use for exits? Also what S/L did you apply?

Hi poekmeister,

I consider StepMA the Direction & take entries from EMA-50

exits are based on:

1- Direction reversed - like yasterday - so I exit and reverse

2- Pivots & S/R Levels

3- Daily range

4- Coming news.

that is all.

fx_trader

forextrades:
Scale out of your trades.

excuse me I don't understand !

please clarify it.

fx_trader

21 December 2005

Hi all,

Todays Trading :

Current Open Position :

------------------------

signal time : 9:00

Position : Short

Entry Price : 1.7560

Daily Range until Now is : 100 Pip - there may be still a room for more down move - First Major Support @ 1.7460-70

I will Move My Stop Currently to Entry @1.7560 and set the Target to 1.7460.

FX_Trader

Next Level

GBP/USD - Update,

Current Open Position :

------------------------

New STOP : 1.7460

Target : 1.7395

Thanks,

FX_Trader

21,December,2005

Hi,

GBP/USD - 21,December,2005

--------------------

Exit Price : 1.7395

Exit Time : 16:45

P/L : +165

see you tomorrow

fx_trader

Fx_Trader:
excuse me I don't understand !

please clarify it.

fx_trader

Close half the position when you have a profit of X amount of pips. Then set your stop on the other half at breakeven.

forextrades:
Close half the position when you have a profit of X amount of pips. Then set your stop on the other half at breakeven.

Hi forextrades,

Actually What I do , I Know Previously before trading Major Support & Resistance Levels and have @ same time the daily pivots in chart to see the inner day movements .

My Interest in such trading style is that :

1 - I do trust using 50 EMA as a smoothing device for the price movement.

2- The main drawback of the 50EMA is when price ranges - it will get many crosses -- This is the main advantage in Knowing the Direction using StepMA ... as it filtered Whipsaws with great accuracy.

using Major S & R -- Daily Range -- for exits is the Best I found..

I will try to scale out as you said and open multiple contracts - and take profit in stages like moving stop today and taking profit as well.

Thanks for response.

FX_TRADER.

fxdingo:
Thanks for sharing, in what way do you utilize the HMA and what do you mean by 3D Rainbow Chart? Thanks again.

3D Rainbow chart is based on Alan Hull's Multiple Moving Average... Read his Active Investing pdf file to know how to use it... http://www.alanhull.com/

Short term group (traders): EMA 3,5,7,9,11,13

Long term group (investors): EMA 21,24,27,30,33,36

Add EMA 55 to validate the candle cross with this setup (to trade like Nina) and there you can use HMMA as the filter for entry and exit... or use any other filter you like (CCI, RSI, StepMA, Fisher, Ravi FX Fisher whatever...)

but HMMA is more than enough to find the good entry and exit points after a considerable amount of screen time...

Cheers,

--

22,Dec,20

Hi ,

No Signals for GBP/USD Yet.

FX_Trader

Step MA Stoch

Can anyone else get it to plot on a 1 and 5 minute timeframe ? It works on all the others except these two for me ?

Reason: