learntrader:
something failure

Files:
015_fail.jpg  23 kb

learntrader:
how can i do this?

There is something you should know...Mr tools doesn't own a truck

homestudy:
Something I have been playing with. It gives a few different looks.

You need to have both the ZeroLag Macd and the Double Smoothed Stoch in your indy folder.

Let know what you think.

I wouldn't bet my money on any stochastics...It tends to stay in overbought/oversold areas for prolonged periods of time with no appreciation for the cyclical nature of price action

A message for the senior members:

Please remember that in this forum all types of traders participate from the novice to the experienced and everything in between. As you know learning to trade is a journey and we all started that journey at the same place (knowing nothing) and gradually built onto our experiences until it reached a critical mass that allowed us to pass the cusp from being marginal traders to being consistent winners. Throughout the journey we had to ask, research and collaborate to gain the necessary experience; this also included exchanging ideas and tools.

Keeping in mind the diversity of competency (technical, linguistic, and aptitude) and cognitive skills of traders in this forum it is expected for each trader to contribute at their level of skill whether with a small observation of a certain behavior of an indicator to a complete trading methodology. It should never be taken against them that they have asked for help or made a comment that, in your opinion, would be considered inferior or ridiculous. On the contrary, the mere fact of their participation and that they have reached out to other members of this forum is a proof of their interest to learn. I ask in the spirit of collaboration for you to be more patient with other junior members and avoid ridicule, insults, racist or condescending innuendos (no one is here to wash cars/trucks, cut grass or do any of that), since these produce nothing more than animosity and negativity. Instead, I recommend pointing them in the right direction and let them be. Some may require multiple attempts of re-direction; others may not, some may even be lucky enough to be sponsered and taken under the wing of a successfull trader. All I ask from you is to just be patient.

In addition, it is permissible to have a difference in opinion. One trader may find one indicator useful (re-calculating), the other may find it useless (re-painting) - that is O.K! Do not hold a grudge for the person vouching for the indicator, simply respect their opinion and stick with your own. Remember, it is the user that makes the difference on how effective an indicator is or an amalgamation of indicators are.

And finally….just relax and enjoy your journey

A message for junior members:

Please take your time to learn the information that is available to you in this forum (and others). If you find a topic of interest please make sure to read all relevant threads prior to making any comments. This will help in formulating more thought out questions that directly impact your thought process and add to your experience.

Please do not expect to be spoon fed, this will not help you in any shape or form. If you find an indicator or a method that interests you, please take the time to research the method behind it instead of simply asking for the information flat out and finding out that you don't know how to use it and simply jump to the next.

This ties directly with the search for the Holy Grail, put it in your head, there is NO HOLY GRAIL; there is a good disciplined trader that utilizes trading tools (as simple as moving averages) properly for his/her advantage. There are a lot of good methods for trading in this forum, some are complex, and others are simple. But all are worthless if you do not do your homework before you use them and teach yourself the discipline required to trade the method.

And finally….just relax and enjoy your journey

A message for all:

I hope I did not offend anyone. I am simply trying to make everyone to understand that we are not here to bicker; we are all here to learn and make ourselves better. So please, drop the non-value-add chitchat and let us focus on the topic.

Cheers,

SIMBA:
Did you?...Please gimme

You and mladen are bad boys, you had near 90% hit rate,and you don`t share with the poor newbies..or,should I say newbyes? (BTW,they seem to have an ON/OFF understanding of english )...MMM,Luckily we have ,deep in this Forum`s vaults,Bluto`s Delta9,That was an unbelievably efficient method,I was one of the "fortunate enough" to reverse engineer the method from the thread before he deleted key posts...as were you,so,Tools,what do you think about posting about it here? ...Shall we charge the people,or just ask them to run some errands for us?...

Regards

S

Hmmmm the old BD9 project and its still cranking out the pips !!

Very New

Glad you brought this up.

I completely screwed up my leveraging and i was paying dearly for it this morning. luckily the 2 pairs i was trading came good around a couple of hours ago.

The trades originally asking for manual confirm are still running on the signals computer as we speak and the market has dropped 50 pips on both pairs....thankgod i got out then..I have placed my order for 0.1 lot on each pair at a significantly reduced price and im in profit again...

so...I did the sensible thing and did what the signal told me to do....get out winning rather than losing so i cut the trades...now i can enjoy my weekend albeit with a slightly more irate wife in the background....yes i shat myself and we both drove each other insane...

Here goes:

I bought a signal opened an account at alpari uk (the wrong type of account of course..[classic 1]). I put the signal to work and left the thing on "manual confirmation". Which was also a bad idea....

I missed trades and got in 10 to 15 pips above the signals entry. I also increased my lot size to 1.0, (even more stupid...)

this is just my newbie story...

For all those other new on here "hi!" and listen to the gurus.

I really want to take something away from this and learn my way into the job i never got offered...

Yes im one of them types!

Now im very determined!!!

Im glad i got here!

Cheers Sean

hello

homestudy:
LT you spent more time taking the picture you posted then looking at the indy itself! If you would have taken a second to see that you can change the stoch settings (and maybe just maybe tried changing it) rather then posting a failure you would have learned something. Give it a try you may learn something yet and as always just don't use it if you don't like it.

It is people that write posts like yours that limits what people share. I am regretting that I posted it.

I was intending on posting a Hurst method that uses snakes for forcasting but I am sure that would be a failure in your eyes as well so I will just keep it to myself.

And to answer your question you use a bucket with soapy water and a sponge.

i modify the parameters homeestudy,if you dont want share not share...

Reason: