Ichimoku - page 16

I'm using Ichimoku5.mq4.

Anyone else use this? I tested it this week on GBPUSD and it made 60 pips for me. Is this a profitable EA ? I'll test again this week and see what happens. If it isn't profitable, it's almost there and maybe a few corrections can make it profitable.

GoatT:
I'm using the KS Robot 1 5 jpy 15m on a 1 hr EURUSD test but whenever I change the lot size to anything but .1 it doesn't give me any trades....how come??

I suggest to use M15 timeframe and you will have 30 trades per half a year.

If you are using H1 so it is probable less (may be 10 trades per 6 months).

newdigital:
I suggest to use M15 timeframe and you will have 30 trades per half a year. If you are using H1 so it is probable less (may be 10 trades per 6 months).

No no...I have ZERO trades total if I use anything but .1 for the lot size using any series of dates. See attached image. I've even gone so far as to open the expert and change the default lot size, save, re-compile and no luck. I've also changed the starting dollar amount thinking that it was margin related.

Files:
sbfx3.jpg  210 kb

GoatT:
I'm using the KS Robot 1 5 jpy 15m on a 1 hr EURUSD test but whenever I change the lot size to anything but .1 it doesn't give me any trades....how come??

GoatT,

I was not joking when i said "30 trades per half a year".

Please find attached EAs.

I am testing those EAs during the about 6 months (forward test on demo account).

So use KSRobot_1_5_eur_m15.mq4 for EURUSD M15 timeframe.

It was 29 trades since 02nd of January this year and total pips from 02nd of January this year +101 (this week was +9 pips).

You may change lot size of course.

I am using KSRobot_1_5_jpy_m15.mq4 for USDJPY M15 and for EURUSD H1.

And this EA (EURUSD H1) did 19 trades for 6 months. Total is about 0.

So I recommend you to use KSRobot_1_5_eur_m15.mq4 for EURUSD M15 timeframe.

My issue was unrelated. Under Tools>>Options>>Trade I had my lot size at .1...I changed it to .5 and it seems to work. I had been using .25 which seems to throw the whole thing off....?? Apparently you can only trade .1 .3 .5 1.00

samarkand:
Ichi

My EOD thoughts.

Plot is very messy lacking real direction. The daily spot chart printed a white short day, with the body closing in a position at the lower edge the bearish cloud and remaining below the 200 MA. Tenkan is still drooping and collaborating with Kijun to make a pincer. Oscillators are falling in bearish divergence indicating EUR could still go lower at least in the short term.

Over 300 persons viewed this thread in the last 36 hours.......I would have thought someone might have some comments/questions.

Cheers - Sam

May be my comment is late but a chart/illustration of what you are talking about would be of great help

Good to see the interest..

Hello...

I was excited to find that others have started exploring what I feel is one of the most robust indicators available.. Looking forward to sharing and exploring with all of you!!

Good Job NewDigital

I have been reading your trail and it looks like you are getting this "Ichimoku" thing down pretty serious Great Job!

What you will find "if" you have not already, is that Ichimoku is a very complete indicator.. What do I mean by that? lol!!! Ichimoku serves a lot of different functions, simple ones like support and resistance areas and of course the base level of signals that it produces.. I am very interested in these conversations.. I have been a user of Ichimoku for quite some time.. I use it exclusively and I have been able to establish a very strong strategy based on the one indicator. It is good to see the members of this forum discovering what I feel is the answer to a lot of the questions around success in the FX Market.

Great Job!!

Hi all.

I found this forum at th begining of this week and decided to give it ago.

I have found it to be very good system. I tried to run the KSRobot_1_5_jpy_m15.mq4 on a 15min and 30 min charts but it is having trouble placeing buy and sell limits. I have seen it try over 30 times to place a limit. Does anyone else have this problem or is just me.

Thanks in advance

basza:
Hi all.

I found this forum at th begining of this week and decided to give it ago.

I have found it to be very good system. I tried to run the KSRobot_1_5_jpy_m15.mq4 on a 15min and 30 min charts but it is having trouble placeing buy and sell limits. I have seen it try over 30 times to place a limit. Does anyone else have this problem or is just me.

Thanks in advance

I have but just sometimes. It may be ebcause the price is movign very fast and coming too close to the open limit orders price.

BTW this EA is performing well on EURUSD M15. Not so many trades (around 30 trades for half a year. But not risky at all and in profit now.

Reason: