My live account was updated without any interaction on my part. If that is not a silent/forced update then we are clearly not speaking the same language. What exaclty is the purpose of the software if it is not for trading real money and why do brokers offer it for trading on live accounts?
It is not out of context. 'Silent/forced' updates is used in referral to the software and the purpose of said software is to trade on live accounts.
I'm implying that I'm forced to update the software, not that I'm forced to trade. Furthermore, the EULA states that "updates are not optional" or something to that effect.
Clearly we are not speaking the same language. There is no point in taking this discussion any further.
I'm going to start a new thread about MT4 and UAC i think it would be helpful.
v604, ArrayCopy in old version compiled script will run ok on new version,
but I still don't know what's the right way to use ArrayCopy in new version script ( compile under new version)
void DebugRateArray(double rateArray, int count=5)
for(int i=0; i<count; i++)
Print("T" + i + "=" + TimeToStr(rateArray[i]),
int rateCount = ArrayCopyRates(RateArray, Symbol(), Period());
Print("rate count=", rateCount);
int size = ArrayResize(copyArray, 20); //return size=20, vs old version return 120
Print("copy size=", size);
//int copied_size = ArrayCopy(copyArray,RateArray,0, rateCount*6-size*6, size*6); //can't get right result
int copied_size = ArrayCopy(copyArray,RateArray,0, rateCount-size, size); //can't get right result
Print("copied size=", copied_size);
I got result on new version: (compiled under new version)
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T4=1970.01.01 00:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T3=1970.01.01 00:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T2=1970.01.01 03:04, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T1=2013.06.17 20:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T0=1970.01.01 00:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: copied size=20
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: copy size=20
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T4=2014.02.07 04:00, O=1.3591, L=1.3585, H=1.3594, C=1.3585
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T3=2014.02.07 08:00, O=1.3585, L=1.3552, H=1.3588, C=1.3563
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T2=2014.02.07 12:00, O=1.3563, L=1.3562, H=1.3642, C=1.3588
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T1=2014.02.07 16:00, O=1.3588, L=1.3585, H=1.3623, C=1.3620
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T0=2014.02.07 20:00, O=1.3620, L=1.3619, H=1.3640, C=1.3639
2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: rate count=1000
1. Is is my imagination or ... have I not been coming to mql4.com for a while and seen a banner saying that mql4 was getting an update in MARCH? When did it get bumped up to February 3rd? Makes no difference now, what's done is done.. I'm just wondering if I have been hallucinating?
2. If mql4.com knew this new "improved" version was coming can someone kindly guide me to the NEW pdf manual or book. The 'documentation' and 'book' tabs seem to still have the old and now outdated information. I'd really rather read and learn what changes I need to implement in my code rather than just blindly update to 600+ and try to stumble and fumble my way through error codes and figure out what I need to change. Is that to much to ask? Where is the documentation?
3. I can't believe brokers actually allowed trading software to be automatically "updated" .... no that is the wrong word... this was not an "update" implementing new options. This was a CHANGE in software programs. A change in software that in many cases was in use at the time that the change occurred with open trades at the time. My heart goes out to those who lost money in their accounts due to the way this was handled. Can you imagine if someone decided they wanted to change the software that all the 747's in the world use to communicate with their sensors and equipment on a certain date, made an announcement about that fact, and then on that date switched all the systems at once to the new software EVEN ON THE PLANES IN FLIGHT AT THE TIME? Wow what a good way to crash some planes and get yourself sued.
4. How about this? Next time you want to implement such sweeping change in the way the code is written. You first publish and make available to us in a manual form the NEW way that things should be written and then we can write new versions of our code so that when you change to the new version we can implement our new files. This way of updating the software and then trickling out information as to what needs changed seems to not be the best way to do it.... or maybe there is some huge file somewhere with the new version of mql4 600 layed out for all to read and understand... if so I apologize for being so ignorant. Can someone provide me the link.. And don't tell me to install the program and then read the help file. I want the documentation first.
1. For some reason MQ used the American date format in their banner, mm/dd/yyyy.
1) The date of the Market Release Banner was Feb 3, 2014. At this point, most active members understood that the New mt4+ was being released on February 3, 2014 even though it only specified the market. Later a new Banner came up with the date of 3.2.2014 for the release of the Terminal Update. The new date format was European Style. As you hovered you mouse over the banner it stated February 3, 2014.
2) See attached.
3) Its closer to Windows update than Air-Plane Software Update while in the Sky. Lmao. Even Windows Update is more critical than this one. If Windows crashes ... mt4 crashes as well. That doesn't stop Microsoft's default option for auto-update and install ... On. One time I was in the middle of writing a letter and my pc started to shut-down ... I was like wtf.
4) Everything with this upgrade wasn't perfect. But now we can only make the best of the situation. We were informed about this from the pre-alpha stage. 99% of old-mql4 stuff still works. The rest are being fixed and improved.
1) You still have this option via Windows UAC. But yeah, you cannot set this option in Mt.
2) Heck .. Yeah, I just restored my computer. Fast restore, but then it toke me 2-days to download all Microsoft's updates.
Now my Opera-Browser doesn't function like before. DirectX doesn't function like before.
Just say No through the UAC warning. If someone get updated to 604 they can revert back to 509 by uninstalling and reinstalling 509. If someone needs a copy of 509 let them send me a pm. Yeah, that's what I taught 509 doesn't work for no-one. Giving someone an option to stick with 509 which doesn't work for no-one wouldn't really be an option now would it? 99% of 604 works and that's better than nothing ... that's just my opinion.