MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 12

angevoyageur:
I don't make anything harder, I am only a moderator.

ok, sorry.

A word of warning . . . . a friend of mine just had build 574 pushed to him by his Broker.

And now I am having to spend time helping him use it . . . thanks a bunch MQ.

i discovered that, setup developers needed a temporary place for (config, history, logs, profiles, templates etc. ) while upgrading from 509, to avoid deleting old 509 config files, while upgrading.

and uac roaming dir was also a setup option. and then they merged two problems :)

i could run /portable mode with these step:

- upgrade to 574. and close terminal

- find roaming directory. it includes config, history, logs, MQL4, profiles, templates, tester dir. copy all of these dirs into install dir. (you will lose old 509 config dirs, but portable mode will work..)

- give proper r/w rights for these dirs, using explorer.

- delete related roaming dir

- open terminal.exe with /portable parameter. so, all old terminal setting will come from roaming dir to install dir, succesfully..

- for a regular user, it is really hard to fight with this file structure. regular user will have to install terminal from zero.

better solution for upgrade steps:

- backup terminal 509 config etc dirs in installdir/backupdir. (so dirty directories/files will disapper from install dir, while preserving old files)

- give user an option: uac mode OR portable mode.

- if user wants portable mode, create dirs in install dir

- if user wants uac mode, create dirs in roaming dir.

Ovo:

It makes no difference that you cannot use the above mentioned DLL. Unless you have any construction for the ansi string arrays as well. And ansi string as returning value.

Yes you can. The above mentioned dll does not use string arrays as parameters. It is the the mql4 interface that does and one can rewrite that. Otherwise CharArrary arrays should an acceptable equivalent to ansi string arrays.

And the return value can be converted to a unicode string. It is an ansi string written to an unicode string without conversion. Extract the raw bytes and write them to a string. So yes, it is possible with a bit of work.

RaptorUK:

A word of warning . . . . a friend of mine just had build 574 pushed to him by his Broker.

And now I am having to spend time helping him use it . . . thanks a bunch MQ.

What broker was this?

I thought it was just me. Excel Markets broker insisted that you must manually connect to demo.metaquotes.net in order to be upgraded. I kindly explained to them that I never manually updated any of my terminals to build 574. I have not installed any new terminals in the last few months and even my vps hasn't been rebooted in over a month (I only used mt4 installer yesterday AFTER the forced upgrade was detected in an attempt to revert back to build 509).

This is very time consuming because I now must remove my time away from testing/trading/etc and spend what can amount to hours trying to workaround getting back the old version.

BTW, why is it that upgrading 1 terminal could upgrade all of the terminals? Aren't all the mt4 terminals supposed to be independent of each other? Doesn't that cause stability issues? Perhaps some documentation on the upgrade process would be helpful. It is very confusing and frustrating the way MQ implement this. It is also dangerous because what if that was a live account?

I do have other terminals that, when I restarted them on the same computer, did not upgrade to 574. Not sure if it has something to do with me running them as a service (for redundancy). All this is very interesting, and time consuming to keep up with.

请告诉我如何更新版本到Build 574 谢谢

261869247:
请告诉我如何更新版本到Build 574 谢谢
This is an English language forum, if you wish to post here please do so in English.

4evermaat:

What broker was this?

IC Markets (Australia)

Renat:

Press F1 to see mql4.chm file.

New version of online MQL4 documentation will be published after release.

Release has happened with some Brokers . . . where is the online Documentation ?

RaptorUK:

Release has happened with some Brokers . . . where is the online Documentation ?

It's hard to believe that a release - at least, an intentional release - is so imminent. There are still some huge bugs such as: old EAs (i.e. ex4 compiled with metalang <= 509) are not reloaded following a change of properties.
Reason: