MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 31

GRRRR krisa. This was the sloppiness at its worst. I have spent at least 36 Hours straight trying too find out what was done to ArrayCopyRates( Rates,szSymbol, iTimeFrame); I have no formal Programming Skills . Have not been too university and yet I Think I have figured out what is Wrong. The old "ArrayCopyRates() performs virtual copying to double[][6] array" and loaded backwards. The new one "ArrayCopyRates() performs virtual copying to MqlRates[] array. Copying to double[][6] array has remained intact for the sake of compatibility, however, that copying is real, not virtual"

this one loads normal and you have too keep track and clean up the array if you loop though anything at all and you must either sort it on the way into the Dll or loop The other when you get the data back... I will attach the code I am working with, I am 2 sleepy 2 finish testing it. You are free 2 use it I hope it helps

/// ---- Not Tested all the way --- used 2 load DLL
   ArrayResize(Rates,iBars(szSymbol, iTimeFrame) );
   Print(iBars(szSymbol, iTimeFrame));
   ArrayInitialize(Rates,0);

iMaximumRecords = ArrayCopyRates( Rates,szSymbol, iTimeFrame);  

Print("-----");
   Print(iMaximumRecords);
   Print("-----");

for( j= 0; iMaximumRecords > j; j++ ) 
     {

if(iMaximumRecords-50<j || j<60 || j==502 ||j==504 || j==503)
      {

// --- Passing Values into Vars to make sure I am not having other issues 
               datetime TempTime1=Rates[j][0];
               double TempOpen1=Rates[j][1];
               double TempLow1=Rates[j][2];
               double TempHigh1=Rates[j][3];
               double TempClose1=Rates[j][4];
               int TempVolume1=Rates[j][5];

string TempTime=TimeToStr(TempTime1);
               string TempOpen=DoubleToStr(TempOpen1,4);
               string TempLow=DoubleToStr(TempLow1,4);
               string TempHigh=DoubleToStr(TempHigh1,4);
               string TempClose=DoubleToStr(TempClose1,4);
               string TempVolume=DoubleToStr(TempVolume1,4);
               Print("j "+j+
               ",T= "+TempTime+ 
               ", O= "+TempOpen+
               ", L= "+TempLow+
               ", H="+TempHigh+
               ", C= "+TempClose+
               ", B= "+TempVolume);          
               Comment("z "+z+
               ",T= "+TempTime+
               ", O= "+TempOpen+
               ", L= "+TempLow+
               ", H="+TempHigh+
               ", C= "+TempClose+
               ", B= "+TempVolume        
               );
        }
    }

if(           iMaximumRecords<=0)
   {
      for(i=5;i>=0;i--)
      {
      iMaximumRecords = ArrayCopyRates( Rates,szSymbol, iTimeFrame);  
      Print(" Sleep watting to down load Data "+szEAString+" --- "+szSymbol+ " --- "+iTimeFrame ); Sleep( 250); 
      if( iMaximumRecords> 0){ i=0;}

}

}

That stops the garbage. I am unclear as 2 what it will do in real time. I am goign 2 bed or for a beer. Not sure which yet. I will read the replies later

rwbta:

If you want to take the time continuing your quest to defend the indefensible, go ahead. I know they made bad mistakes over the past week. I know blaming everyone else and not taking responsibility for the mistakes is wrong. I don't need to continue defending my point of view and am quite tired of this whole mess.

I, for one, entirely agree with you.

A few additions in support of what you've said:

2) The 99% number is clearly completely made up. The only thing which can be said in its favor is that it's less ludicrous than the 99.999% figure from MetaQuotes themselves. You can tell that it's made-up nonsense because no one who has quoted such a number has ever said whether they are talking about a percentage of EAs or a percentage of traders using EAs (because popular things with thousands of users like the myfxbook EA don't work, and need an update).

3) Another example: Skype. For the last couple of weeks it's been offering me an update, with two choices: "Update now" or "Later". That is normal behavior from software; forced updates are not.

5) The position would be different if brokers had full control of whether or not to update, but they don't. Some brokers have the ability not to update existing users, but any new download from any brokers' website gets the new version, because MetaQuotes control this, not the broker. Therefore, it's MetaQuotes's responsibility. In addition, MetaQuotes were still issuing new beta builds over the weekend before launch on Feb 3rd. How would a broker be supposed to check that properly before it got launched on the Monday?

7) It's not without precedent. If you go back over the MT4 release history on this website, there are plenty of examples of new official non-beta MT4 versions being rapidly replaced by further updates. What's different this time is the horrendous scale of the problems.

BTW, new downloads from (all) broker websites now seem to be delivering v604.

rwbta: I get that you really, really like the folks at MQL; in general I have nothing against them. I repeat, the problem is they released buggy software before it was ready.

Yes, I really, really, really like the folks at MQL and why wouldn't I? They provide the best trading software for the buck .... yep Zero$$$. When I started trading, allot of other platforms were asking for monthly cost for the platform and monthly cost for the data-feed also. There are other Sophisticated programmers in the rest of the world; lets see them step-up their game and provide a viable alternative. All this complaining about free software to me makes little sense.

ubzen:

Yes, I really, really, really like the folks at MQL and why wouldn't I? They provide the best trading software for the buck .... yep Zero$$$. When I started trading, allot of other platforms were asking for monthly cost for the platform and monthly cost for the data-feed also. There are other Sophisticated programmers in the rest of the world; lets see them step-up their game and provide a viable alternative. All this complaining about free software to me makes little sense.

ubzen:

Yes, I really, really, really like the folks at MQL and why wouldn't I? They provide the best trading software for the buck .... yep Zero$$$

You are only paying Zero$$$ if you are a demo user... which would explain many things about why you are not complaining.

If you trade real money then your spreads and/or commissions pay the broker, who pay MetaQuotes. If MetaQuotes reduced their charges to brokers, then brokers would reduce their spreads or commissions (as applicable). The only sense in which MT4 is free is that the real-money accounts subsidise demo accounts. Demo accounts are free because brokers take the money they make from live traders and use it for marketing.

gchrmt4:

You are only paying Zero$$$ if you are a demo user... which would explain many things about why you are not complaining.

If you trade real money then your spreads and/or commissions pay the broker, who pay MetaQuotes. If MetaQuotes reduced their charges to brokers, then brokers would reduce their spreads or commissions (as applicable). The only sense in which MT4 is free is that the real-money accounts subsidise demo accounts. Demo accounts are free because brokers take the money they make from live traders and use it for marketing.

You're only a developer taking advantage of meta-quotes eco-system ... which would explain many things about why you are complaining.

As any real-trader knows.

Meta-Quotes Structure: You have to pay the Spreads & Commission.

Paid Platform Structure: You have to pay the Spreads & Commission & Platform(monthly) & Data-Feed(monthly)

Just do the math. Or am I to assume that the brokers will give a discount because you're paying for the Setup?

Have you researched the Spreads and Commission structure on Paid-Platforms?

Why not have the brokers pay for the platform since you're paying them S & C?

ubzen:

You're only a developer taking advantage of meta-quotes eco-system ... which would explain many things about why you are complaining.

So, you're still claiming that MT4 is "free"? As you say, "lmao".

gchrmt4: So, you're still claiming that MT4 is "free"? As you say, "lmao".
Yes its free. Because even when I pay for the Platform. I still have to pay the same Spreads and Commission. Haha back @ cha.

ubzen:
Yes its free. Because even when I pay for the Platform. I still have to pay the same Spreads and Commission. Haha back @ cha.

I don't know the position back in 2005, but it's possible that MetaQuotes changed the business model for fx trading. For which, if so, many thanks.

But all similar platforms are free. In all cases there's a business model where live users subsidise demo users, and the indirect costs to the trader across those platforms are roughly similar, but the fact they are similar does not mean that the cost is zero to the live trader. MQ competitors are aggressively reducing charges so that brokers can reduce spreads and/or commission. The natural reference point for MQ competitors is MQ charging, but the cost to the trader is coming down under pressure of competition.

If you are talking about things like futures or equities (not futures and equities CFD) trading platforms, then entities such as CBOT charge connection fees and data fees. Futures brokers typically pass those on to traders rather than absorbing the cost in the way that an MT4 broker does. But it's a completely different asset class, still typically attracting a different kind of trader (particularly so with equities rather than equity CFDs). The standard business model in those markets may change, but it hasn't yet.

It still remains completely untrue that MT4 costs Zero$$$ if you are actually using it to trade real money.

gchrmt4:

the indirect costs to the trader across those platforms are roughly similar, but the fact they are similar does not mean that the cost is zero to the live trader. MQ competitors are aggressively reducing charges so that brokers can reduce spreads and/or commission. The natural reference point for MQ competitors is MQ charging, but the cost to the trader is coming down under pressure of competition.

If you want a tiny example of the general principle, albeit from the world's biggest broker, FXCM MT4 and FXCM TS2 are both "free" (in this continuing sense of not actually being free), but spreads are higher - albeit by only 0.1 pips - in MT4. You pay extra to use MT4.
Reason: