MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 28

ubzen:

1) You still have this option via Windows UAC. But yeah, you cannot set this option in Mt.

99% of 604 works and that's better than nothing ... that's just my opinion.

1. I do not have the UAC on. Why should I turn it on for the only vendor that does not follow ethic principles. The UAC was invented for quite a different purpose.

... just the 1% is very numerous among my customers. The 1% probably all stick to me.

Ovo: ... just the 1% is very numerous among my customers. They probably all stick to me.

Lol... that's funny. There's hope at the end of this tunnel ... stay strong. Good thing they have a developer who saw this update coming from a mile away.

Otherwise boy ... you would have been pissed-off and wouldn't want to hear anything Ubzen had to say ... just like the other 1% in here.

ubzen:

Lol... that's funny. There's hope at the end of this tunnel ... stay strong. Good thing they have a developer who saw this update coming from a mile away.

Otherwise boy ... you would have been pissed-off and wouldn't want to hear anything Ubzen had to say about ... just like the 1% in here.

No problem, I am very strong in ignoring sites/peole for years, if I do not feel comfortably with them. I am not so young to think that I can beat everyone by typing on keyboard.

Now this is the point where it is very hard to say anything for this "business model": this week I restarted my terminal many times a day

to check the update happening or not or what happens. Nothing. I installed with the webinstaller every new update, no automatic update.

I copied myself a version of the build 509 to use for anything, debugging, or simply to maintain the mentioned 100% compatibility of

the compiled ex4-s. Now, a few minutes ago, after a week, this updated itself to build 600(!!!) not 604!.

It seems it is the purpose of the company to make impossible the use and even the test of any earlier code, or anything, I simply cannot

imagine what kind of ******s are there in MQ HQ.

ubzen:

Otherwise boy ... you would have been pissed-off and wouldn't want to hear anything Ubzen had to say ... just like the other 1% in here.

dudulalah:

http://mechanicalforex.com/2014/02/dealing-with-the-latest-mt4-build-600.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MechanicalForex+%28Mechanical+Forex%29

"I continue to be amazed by the ability of the Metaquotes company to steam roll their users with their automatic updates that introduce massive changes that should only belong within an Alpha release. This week the MetaTrader 4 platform has been updated to build 600+ on many brokers – via an automatic process that does not even ask the user – breaking a lot of previous functionality and making a lot of indicator and expert advisor implementations completely useless. Imagine if you’re trading something live and suddenly it gets completely killed by a platform update (that you didn’t even ask for) that simply changes the entire way in which the programming language functions and interacts with other programs. Within this post I will share with you some tips to deal with the latest Metaquotes joke on Forex traders, giving you some information that will hopefully help you avoid any chaos in the short term and eventually migrate your implementations in the longer term."

I agree with dudulalah, cody_r, graziani and others. I'm shocked that MQL released this to the general public. Any lawyers out there smell a class action suit? Somebody needs to pay for all the financial losses caused by MT4 freezing during live trading, timeouts that allow trades to go past stop losses, and all the reprogramming that will need to be done. I wasted hours since these new builds came out just fielding questions from clients. I will have to rework projects already in progress, and I have to explain to potential new clients the risks they will be taking by using MT4. MT was never a great platform to begin with; it's greatest asset was the treasure trove of existing mq4 code. Now that much of that has been ruined by MQL's ineptitude and all the new bugs they created, why should people continue using it?

rwbta:

I agree with dudulalah, cody_r, graziani and others. I'm shocked that MQL released this to the general public. Any lawyers out there smell a class action suit? Somebody needs to pay for all the financial losses caused by MT4 freezing during live trading, timeouts that allow trades to go past stop losses, and all the reprogramming that will need to be done. I wasted hours since these new builds came out just fielding questions from clients. I will have to rework projects already in progress, and I have to explain to potential new clients the risks they will be taking by using MT4. MT was never a great platform to begin with; it's greatest asset was the treasure trove of existing mq4 code. Now that much of that has been ruined by MQL's ineptitude and all the new bugs they created, why should people continue using it?

Can you please be a little serious. I can agree that some things could be done a little better, everyone can make error and have to learn from that. This big changes in MT4/mql4 are announced 7 months ago : Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway. This is to the brokers to inform seriously theirs customers. If broker's customers weren't well informed, then ask your broker why and envisage to change your broker. If broker's customer were well informed and no action were taken by the traders then assume your responsibilities. It's always more easy to reject our own faults to others. Of course, everyone is free to use the software he wants.

angevoyageur:
Can you give concrete example ?
I tried compiling the EA
Files:

danidan:
I tried compiling the EA

Files:

"Terminal: Added display of subfolders and the structure of Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators in Navigator window"

I have found a problem with this feature (on build 604). If you have indicators in a subfolder, sometimes MT4 looks for them in the main folder.

e.g.

loading from the navigator window: 2014.02.09 13:36:42.347 Custom indicator b509\NewsCal-v107 EURUSD,M5: loaded successfully

loading via Insert>Indicators>Custom: 2014.02.09 13:50:33.851 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MT4 Exchange\MQL4\indicators\NewsCal-v107.ex4' [2]

I've also seen indicators fail to load from a subfolder occasionally at start up.

Reason: