MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 20

Before I run the platform in portable mode, now I need to test the platform in the normal mode, using user data, I take out the "/portable" parameter, but the platform still run in portable mode and use the installation folder instead of user folder. I also tried to reinstall platform from zero and reboot system, but nothing, platform by default use the installation folder. How can I fix the problem?

after modifying the shortcut with "/portable" and launch my platform, how do i know i did okay and the platform is actually running in portable mode?

dudulalah:

after modifying the shortcut with "/portable" and launch my platform, how do i know i did okay and the platform is actually running in portable mode?

Check what is the data folder.

dudulalah:

Just ask the client terminal for data folder (File - Open Data Folder). You should see the installation folder.

dudulalah:

After terminal started you should see next hints in the terminal journal tab
2014.02.07 16:53:12.546 Data Folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\DA39158BF8BB09DD288FC6E05910F708
2014.02.07 16:53:12.546 MetaTrader 4 build 600 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

xaphod:

Live trades timeout on a live account. Build 603. 2014-02-07 10:00 - 11:00 CET. 3 out of 4 attempted trades failed to execute sucessfully.

Order 1:

1. Click to open buy order in one click trade terminal.
  2. Size box is greyed out indicating order in progress.
  3. After over half a minute I restart terminal in an attempt to abort the trade as the price shot up considerably sine the order open request was made.
  4. There is no record of the failed open order attempt in the trade journal or the log file.

Order 2:

1. Click to open buy order in the order dialog.
  2. Order successfully opened.
  3. Order recorded in trade journal and log file.

Order 3:

1. Disable One click trading.
  2. Restart terminal.
  3. Enable One click trading.
  4. Click to open order in one click trade terminal.
  5. Size box is greyed out indicating order in progress.
  6. Timeout with audio feedback after about 1 minute.
  7. There is no record of the open order attempt in the trade journal or the log file.

Order 4:

1. Start trade management EA.
  2. Click to open Sell order in EA order dialog.
  3. After 61 seconds: Error on Open Sell. Error 128: Trade Timeout.
  4. There is no record of the open order attempt in the trade journal or the log file.

The terminal fails to preform one of its main functions reliably and is therefore unusable. I'll have to downgrade to build 509 until the new version actually works.

Same problem here, since this morning (build 602) - happens on all the brokers I use (7), both live and demo.

Hello,

My robot has started working strangely after 574 and even after 600. I'm using and testing it in visual mode since months and I have not seen such a unexpected behavior.

If you look to the figure below, the robot opened a BUYSTOP (indicated with blue arrow on the top of graph) and after a while it opens it as BUY (#3 buy stop 1.00 Eurusd at 1.3528 buy by tester at 1.3528 1.3527). The issue is that the test data has never reached to that level (highest 1.3514 at that timeframe). I guess this is not directly related with robot behavior since robot only opened a BUYSTOP. How tester could trigger BUY in this position?

Because of this I'm getting very different results after build 509. I wonder if somebody has experienced such a strange behavior after 509? Any possible suggestions to correct this? I have already complied my robot for 600 and cleared all warning messages. I guess this is not directly related with the robot but I cannot guess what it is and how to correct it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PS: I'm using Build 600 and test data is produced from 1M %90 quality data from FXDD, converted up to 1Month data using period converter successfully ( as I'm doing since 6 months)

Build 600 - Visual Mode

aed71:

If you look to the figure below, the robot opened a BUYSTOP (indicated with blue arrow on the top of graph) and after a while it opens it as BUY (#3 buy stop 1.00 Eurusd at 1.3528 buy by tester at 1.3528 1.3527). The issue is that the test data has never reached to that level (highest 1.3514 at that timeframe). I guess this is not directly related with robot behavior since robot only opened a BUYSTOP. How tester could trigger BUY in this position?

Hi is the related to spread? Buy @ Ask price?

aed71:

Hello,

My robot has started working strangely after 574 and even after 600. I'm using and testing it in visual mode since months and I have not seen such a unexpected behavior.

Because of this I'm getting very different results after build 509. I wonder if somebody has experienced such a strange behavior after 509? Any possible suggestions to correct this? I have already complied my robot for 600 and cleared all warning messages. I guess this is not directly related with the robot but I cannot guess what it is and how to correct it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PS: I'm using Build 600 and test data is produced from 1M %90 quality data from FXDD, converted up to 1Month data using period converter successfully ( as I'm doing since 6 months)

• What are the Spreads?
  • Turn the Ask-Line On.
  • Mt4/Mt5 Historical Prices are Bid Prices.
  • {Buy@Ask ... Sell@Bid} ... {Buy_A ... Sell_B}
  • I simply remember as AB.

minhhung:

Hmm!

While struct MqlStr not change, it still is char * ;

But when I transfer to handle string MqlStr (char *), then it returns wchar_t * ;

wchar_t * -> char * -> wchar_t * -> char * -> ... it's really crazy;

You should use new struct MqlStr format in the DLL
struct MqlStr
  {
   int               len;
   wchar_t          *string;
   int               reserved;
  };
Reason: