MT5, mql5, mql5.com suggestions for improvement. - page 4

For subscriptions to MQL4 and MQl5 signals, under the Tools, Options menu, MT4 should provide the option to have the Stop if Equity is less than $______ be a trailing stop. As the equity in the account increases, the stop should increase. The stop can trail the equity balance based on a percentage of the equity or a dollar amount. This would help to lock in profits and avoid profits turning into losses.

I would very much appreciate the possibility to pass an unspecified amount of parameters (of unspecified type ) to functions.

This would be really useful for Virtual Functions.

For example, I have one EA, that calls several agents that have to be initialized. Each one, depending on strategy, needs different parameters. Maybe double, maybe integer, maybe string. Maybe none, maybe 5.

Something like "int SomeFunc(parameter_field)", as the function header, which maybe has to be followed by declaring the variables inside the code. ("double a=parameter_field[0];int b=parameter_field[1]; ..."

Thanks for considering,

Clock

A suggestion . . .

Provide a mechanism for Market Products intended for used in the Strategy Tester to be sold.  

Currently all products can be downloaded and tried in the Strategy Tester for free . . .  this makes it impossible to sell products intended for use in the Strategy Tester. 

In the Tester, it would be great to be able to filter the results.

So that, for example once I decide that parameter A should be 1, I don't have to recalc everything to see a meanigful graph on the graph tab.

Clock

It would be interesting to have to possibility to attribute a rating to each article. That could allow to identify quality article more easily.

angevoyageur:
It would be interesting to have to possibility to attribute a rating to each article. That could allow to identify quality article more easily.
(like)

Clock:

In the Tester, it would be great to be able to filter the results.

So that, for example once I decide that parameter A should be 1, I don't have to recalc everything to see a meanigful graph on the graph tab.

Clock

i agree, there are lot of filters that could be implemented!

angevoyageur:

I am starting this thread to centralise any suggestion for improvement of MT5 platform, mql5 language and mql5.com site and services. I will update this first post regularly with all the suggestion by category and hopefully with date of release. Please make realistic suggestion and on this mentioned topic only. If you want to report bugs you can use this topic : bugs & dysfunctions.

MT5

MQL5

MetaEditor

Language

Strategy Tester

mql5.com

Forum

1. Multi Users Management in MQL5

Please add following function at MetaTrader 5 MQL: 

login(string username, string password);
logout(string username) ;

So we can manage many users under one EA. 

angevoyageur:

I am starting this thread to centralise any suggestion for improvement of MT5 platform, mql5 language and mql5.com site and services. I will update this first post regularly with all the suggestion by category and hopefully with date of release. Please make realistic suggestion and on this mentioned topic only. If you want to report bugs you can use this topic : bugs & dysfunctions.

MT5

MQL5

MetaEditor

Language

Strategy Tester

mql5.com

Forum

Is there a way to read by MQL5 the Calendar table (time, events, priority, periods, actual, forecast, ...) ? 

angevoyageur:

MT5

MQL5

MetaEditor

Language

Strategy Tester

mql5.com

Forum

When requote is received, a retry of trading operation is performed with an increased allowed slippage (0.5 of current spread for the instrument).

But I wanna cancel the trade if the splippage is increased.

How to monitor and handle it by MQL5 code?

Reason: