Using same functions

IntraTrade
IntraTrade  

Is it possible to create an EA/indicator/script, that has my "best of functions" that I can "Call/use" for my indicators and EA (like a DLL). So I don´t have to add these functions in every EA or indicator, maybe just "include" this in the header?

qjol
qjol  
search for MQH file how this works
IntraTrade
IntraTrade  

"qjol" you helped me again!

Thank you for all support!

IntraTrade
IntraTrade  

Two fast questions:

I couldn´t read anywhere that I have to compile the "*.mqh" file, should I?
- When I downloaded a file https://c.mql5.com/mql4/book/mq4/include/check.mqh according to a guide, the compiler complained about "start function not run", but I could see a compiled file. Also the "include <blabla.mqh>" refers to a mqh-file, so it had to be uncompiled?!?

Is it ok to have more than 1 function in 1 mqh-file?
- This maybe a dumb question... But I rather ask...

qjol
qjol  
IntraTrade:

Two fast questions:

I couldn´t read anywhere that I have to compile the "*.mqh" file, should I?

no need

- When I downloaded a file https://c.mql5.com/mql4/book/mq4/include/check.mqh according to a guide, the compiler complained about "start function not run", but I could see a compiled file. Also the "include <blabla.mqh>" refers to a mqh-file, so it had to be uncompiled?!?

Is it ok to have more than 1 function in 1 mqh-file?

yes

- This maybe a dumb question... But I rather ask...

blackmore
blackmore  
IntraTrade:

Is it possible to create an EA/indicator/script, that has my "best of functions" that I can "Call/use" for my indicators and EA (like a DLL). So I don´t have to add these functions in every EA or indicator, maybe just "include" this in the header?

I practice storing as many re-usable functions as I have, into "Master" library, then create header for different combination calls. I surely recommend this approach. Its time-saving, and convenient, verily.
IntraTrade
IntraTrade  
diostar:
I practice storing as many re-usable functions as I have, into "Master" library, then create header for different combination calls. I surely recommend this approach. Its time-saving, and convenient, verily.

You mean a mqh-file? If not, could you give me a simple example?