MT5, mql5, mql5.com suggestions for improvement. - page 7

Marco vd Heijden:

I think one click trading is even as dangerous :)

Sure but when you enable it you are suppose to know what you are doing.

But the improvement does not has to exist in MT4 or does it ?

No of course, I was thinking wrongly.

i mean improvement would be any and when i build something i want to be able to test it quickly this is usually done by attaching the EA to see what it does, then altering the code and removing the ea attached it again to see the modifications and this continues like that until it does what i want it to do.

I don't see why you need to remove the EA and attached it again. Just attach it, and recompile.

One click means fast and in MT5 it has only become slower since you now have to select expert list first.

No MT5 has not become slower in the regards. It's actually faster : right-click on the chart icon and "remove". Less clicks than MT4.

Sometimes when i am working on something its not always possible to do with a recompile.

It seems that the function one click remove expert already exists and that i simply wasn't aware of it.

Thanks.

Marco vd Heijden:

Sometimes when i am working on something its not always possible to do with a recompile.

It seems that the function one click remove expert already exists and that i simply wasn't aware of it.

Thanks.

It's 2 clicks actually :-(

Attached a "one click remove expert" ;-)

Files:

Alain Verleyen:

It's 2 clicks actually :-(

Attached a "one click remove expert" ;-)

LOL thanks very useful :)

Here's another one.

Issue: OBJPROP_SELECTABLE disabled by default.

In MT4 you could drag a line by simply double clicking it.

In MT5 not so.

Marco vd Heijden: Here's another one.

Issue: OBJPROP_SELECTABLE disabled by default.

In MT4 you could drag a line by simply double clicking it.

In MT5 not so.

It is still the same on MT5, at least for me. I still do it that way just like in MT4!

PS! Could it be because of your use of Linux/Wine instead of Windows?

Here is a request from the coders point of view - for the MetaEditor to

• either automatically remove trailing white-space upon saving files (defined by configurable option)
  • or to have a command (with short-cut) to do it when required.

It would also be great if it removed trailing white-space lines at the end of the file too.

Fernando Carreiro:

It is still the same on MT5, at least for me. I still do it that way just like in MT4!

PS! Could it be because of your use of Linux/Wine instead of Windows?

I just took the liberty to install windows just to check if i would be able to move the H_LINE and it took me 30 min of my life to verify that i was right the object is not draggable unless the object property is specifically set.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Expert initialization function                                   |
int OnInit()
  {
//---
   ObjectCreate(0,"line",OBJ_HLINE,0,TimeCurrent(),SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_BID));
//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

Now while i was testing this another issue revealed itself, at first there was no H_LINE to be found but an error arose 4304 never seen before in MT4 because in MT4 you just get the H_LINE like it supposed to do.

It confirms my fear that it will be an unstoppable time consuming train of frustration and issues that do not have to be there yet they are.

So i restored my faith and quickly removed the windows partition, along with MT5,  and it quickly made me feel a lot better.

Please try that code and try to double click that line so you can drag it.

It won't move an inch.

Marco vd Heijden:

I just took the liberty to install windows just to check if i would be able to move the H_LINE and it took me 30 min of my life to verify that i was right the object is not draggable unless the object property is specifically set.

//| Expert initialization function                                   |
int OnInit()
  {
//---
   ObjectCreate(0,"line",OBJ_HLINE,0,TimeCurrent(),SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_BID));
//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

Now while i was testing this another issue revealed itself, at first there was no H_LINE to be found but an error arose 4304 never seen before in MT4 because in MT4 you just get the H_LINE like it supposed to do.

It confirms my fear that it will be an unstoppable time consuming train of frustration and issues that do not have to be there yet they are.

So i restored my faith and quickly removed the windows partition, along with MT5,  and it quickly made me feel a lot better.

Please try that code and try to double click that line so you can drag it.

Confirmed, it does indeed not select.

However, my apologies for making you go through all that trouble, because I misread your post and assumed incorrectly in my haste, that you were talking about the manual placement of objects on the terminal.

You did in fact mention "OBJPROP_SELECTABLE" which clearly indicated that your were talking about code, but I just unconsciously blocked it out and assumed "manually".

Sorry about that!

I also see that MT5 defaults to OBJPROP_HIDDEN too.
Reason: