Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 58

Hello,

i followed the steps , i got to the finish but it doesn't copy any trades from the signal maker . I atached a picture . What should i do to copy from the signal provider

Files:
signal.png  109 kb

marsel:
Please try do reinstall MetaTrader 4 terminal.

Thanks Marsel..after reintall working good!...im trying to copy this signal...

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/68776

Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4: ShogunTrader
Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4: ShogunTrader
  • reviews: 1
  • Stefan
  • www.mql5.com
ShogunTrader Trading Signal for MetaTrader 4: social trading, mirror trading, copy trading and account monitoring

Hi,   I have one quaestion. 

I have paid for a signal, and is it possibly to use this subcription to my another account? Or if I want to use for my two account, i have to buy the subcription twice?

Thanks 

Rosh:

At the moment this signal is avaolable in search results

Again the RedEA is not showing in MT4 search or MT4 Signals search.

Could you please define a reason of not showing the specific signal ?

Hi , i would be very appreciate to get clarification about slippage calculation. I reviewed all previous 58 pages, and didn't find the answer.

1. How slippage calculated for account which never had followers? I have this parameter with data for several brokers on my privet signals, which never were open for subscription.

2.Is it correct, that  brokers with minimal slippage can be considered as the best in terms of execution time for orders and lowest spread. Is it correct expectation , that the brokers showed near the 0 slippage, can provide better prices than my broker?

SeriyGena:

Hi , i would be very appreciate to get clarification about slippage calculation. I reviewed all previous 58 pages, and didn't find the answer.

1. How slippage calculated for account which never had followers? I have this parameter with data for several brokers on my privet signals, which never were open for subscription.

From statistics on other signals with the same broker/server as provider.

2.Is it correct, that  brokers with minimal slippage can be considered as the best in terms of execution time for orders and lowest spread. Is it correct expectation , that the brokers showed near the 0 slippage, can provide better prices than my broker?

Yes.

This may have to be addressed to the service desk, but being new to MQL5, I am starting here. 

My issue has to do with lot size conversion.  I understand the formula, which causes the lots in my account to be much smaller than I want them to be and that I cannot control that, but I see a problem with this approach of the formula. 

The problem I see with the formula is that, as the provider's account balance increases, it affects the relation between his/her account and the subscriber's, in spite of the starting balance of the signal provider's account having been much closer to the subscriber's current account balance and the provider's trading strategy throughout the history of the signal seems to have been the same; that is, based on the initial balance of the signal provider's account. 

Perhaps, the formula can be modified to allow the signal provider to specify a "trading strategy based on an account balance of $xxxx" and that this be used to compare with the account balance of the subscriber instead of the real account balance of the provider.  This would allow the subscriber to experience a proportional effect on his/her account of the signal provider's strategy for the specified account balanced, rather then the disproportionate effect caused by the success of the signal provider which dilutes the opportunities of the subscriber from benefitting from a strategy appropriate for a given level of basic account balance.

Example: Regardless of the provider's account balance, if he/she is using a trading strategy for an account balance of $10000-US (his/her initial account balance, or other level within his/her account balance) and his/her strategy uses a lot size of 1 (full lot), and the subscriber has an account balance of $10000-US, the subscriber's lot size should only be affected by the leverage, up to the available balance for trading indicated by the subscriber, not by the current balance in the provider's account. 

I know it can be more complicated than this, especially when the subscriber's account balance is greater than the provider's; but, perhaps, the formula can allow the subscriber to also indicate the level of account balance to apply the strategy to; that is, if the provider's strategy is for an account of $10000-US, and the subscriber's account has $40000-US, the subscriber can limit the application of the provider's strategy to any amount not to exceed the subscriber's account balance.  In this way, only by the choice of the subscriber would see a ratio greater than 1:1 be applied to the trades copied to his/her account.  Otherwise, the ratio would be less than 1:1, but in proportion to strategy used for a specific account balance.

My suggestion is for changing from using actual account balances in the formula to using "trading strategy based on an account balance of $xxxx" in the side of the formula for the provider, and permit a similar option for the subscriber with the safeguard of not letting the subscriber elect more than his/her account balance. This change would increase the value of the service these signal providers offer to potential subscribers.

A well thought out and reasoned post thanks :) And I agree, the current formula is not ideal. But in relation to the account balance relationship, as long as the subscriber is copying at a correlated percentage (ie not less than 1%) then that correlation should remain "in sync" for awhile. But as I mentioned in my article, it will eventually drift and you will need to occasionally top up your account to keep in sync.

Personally, I think the easiest way to implement it would be to have a simple "Copy x% of lot size". Of course, this would then put the responsibility back on the subscriber to ensure the lot sizes won't blow his/her account and I think that's the whole reason the current formula was implemented.

Anyway, great post and please send your ideas direct to the service desk.

Cheers

Hi

Previously I can subscribed to real-account signals from my demo-account but now I can't do it and subscription tab is disable.

Now I can only subscribe to signals with demo-account.

What happen? Do any one have this problem? Please help me.

Best regards

problems with matching suffixes...

the signal provider uses the eurusd.fx and my broker uses eurusd.pri

i receive a message that this symbol cannot be found on my broker... of course not, my broker uses other suffixes.

How can i solve this problem? is there a section where i can change or adapt this suffix in mql5 to fit also my broker?

Thanks for the support and best regards,

Peter

PS: i have done this several times before, but it seems that the suffix of my actually broker is not listed in the copy service of mql5...

Files:
Reason: