The results of the Reuters Tankan survey for June.
Via, errr, yeah, Reuters.
- June manufacturers' sentiment index +3 vs +2 in May
- Service-sector firms' index hit three-year low of +17 (from 19 in May)
Compared with three months ago, manufacturers' and service-sector firms' sentiment indexes worsened by three points and seven points, respectively.
- Business sentiment seen up only slightly ahead (indexes for manufacturers and service-sector firms are seen improving by just one point and three points, respectively, in the next three months)
- Reuters poll suggests suggest a deterioration in business confidence in the upcoming Bank of Japan tankan, due out on July 1
"The yen's rise is putting the brakes on sales to foreign tourists and falling share prices are cooling the appetite for purchases among the wealthy," a retailer said in the survey
- Monthly poll of 509 big and mid-sized firms
- Conducted June 6-16
- 258 firms respondeded