Bollinger Fading EA
The Bollinger Fading EA is a fully automated Expert Advisor that trades based on Bollinger Band and RSI entry signals. The EA trades using market orders and uses averaging to safely turn otherwise negative trades positive. This EA works best on EURUSD using the H1 timeframe. A VPS is advisable when trading this system. Check the comments for back test results and optimized settings.
Forward testing signals - https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/author/robots4forex
- Fully automated
- Not sensitive to spread
- Always a stop loss in place
- All you need is a VPS
- MagicOrderNumber - Unique number for the EA to identify its trades. Any integer.
- Lots - Number of lots for the first trade in a group. Values from 0.01 to 50.0.
- Slippage - Slippage in pips. Values from 1 to 10.
- MoneyManagement - If turned on trade lot sizes are calculated on account risk, true/false.
- MoneyManagementRisk - Risk per trade if money management is on. Values from 0.01 to 0.1.
- AllowNewTrades - Turn this of to disable new trade groups, true/false.
- AccountProfitLock - If money management is on the EA will stop trading if the account balance drops to this fraction of the maximum account balance (0.5 = 50% of account balance). Values from 0.0 to 1.0.
- StartLotBasedOnBalance - If enabled lots are increased based on the account balance, true/false.
- StartLotBalance - Account balance per lot increase. Values 200 to 2000.
- PositionComment - Allows you to set the position comment.
- TimeFrame - Timeframe drop-down selection to lock EA to a timeframe so that selection of the chart timeframe doesn't affect the EA. When testing ensure the tester timeframe is set to the same value.
- MaxSpread - Maximum spread in pips that the EA will trade. Values from 1.0 to 10.0.
- TakeProfit - The take profit (Setting to 0 disables). Values from 2 to 500 depending on the pair being traded.
- StopLoss - The fixed stop loss - Values 25 to 4000 depending on the pair being traded.
- Averaging - If turned on averaging is used to recover negative trades, true/false.
- AveragingStep - The negative move in pips against the current trade to trigger the next averaging trade. Values 5 to 100.
- AveragingMultiplier - The lot multiplier for averaging trades. Values 1.0 to 2.0.
- TimeAveraging - If turned on time averaging is used to recover negative trades, true/false.
- TimeAveragingStep - The negative move in pips against the current trade to trigger the next time averaging trade. Values 5 to 100.
- TimeAveragingMultiplier - The lot multiplier for averaging trades. Values 1.0 to 2.0.
- BollingerPeriod - The Bollinger Band period used as entry signal - Values 1 to 40.
- BollingerDeviation - The Bollinger Band standard deviation used as entry signal - Values 1.0 to 3.0.
- RSIPeriod - The RSI period used as entry signal - Values 1 to 40.
- RSIThreshold - The RSI threshold used as entry signal - Values 1 to 40.
- StopLossType - The Stop Loss modification when averaging - STANDARD=No modification.
Optimization & Defaults
Default input values are for EURUSD H1. If optimizing, optimization of RSIPeriod, RSIThreshold, BollingerPeriod, BollingerDeviation, TakeProfit and TimeAveragingStep are needed to find the best results.